No announcement yet.

LS_X6_V12 Motherboard with RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have successfully installed http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip with http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip (the HD version) and really the wifi only work for 5-10 minutes then stops, the bluetooth doesnt work at all.
    The ROM is one of the more responsive i've used, but 1080p playback is a bit sluggish, even with Beyond XBMC and only 30 FPS.
    Did anyone installed linux on it, i've tried http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...based-TV-boxes and i cannot have display output after boot.
    Thanks a lot to everyone.

PS - The remote doesn't work right, and when you shutdown it won't power back on, the box makes a little noise when you press the power button and only starts after you disconnect and reconnect the power adaptor.
    Last edited by eng; 08-26-2014, 00:45.

Comment

Sorry about that, I just tested bluetooth and it doesnt work for me also. Ive tried other kernels and none work.The best you can do for now is to get wifi working.

Originally posted by Skye View Post
      Hi noobx,

I activated USB debugging and could root that device. Unfortunately BT doesn't work for me with your proposed combination of kernel and rom. I can pull the switch to ON and it goes back after 10 seconds or so.
      Build number says:
      Code:
      rk3188-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H eng.neomode.20140717.114941 test-keys
      Vendor software version:
      Code:
      MK809III MTK Neomode Custom Rom 1.0 Android 4.4.2
      My chips are MT6622N and MT5931SA. Do you have the same?

Comment

beyond xbmc doesn't support hardware acceleration in kit kat, use the latest official stable build.
        I get smooth playback in xbmc when i set the display to 1080i. I'm talking about smooth 1080p streaming in navi-x, vevo, dailymotion etc. But you have to go without WiFi and Bluetooth and use an older kernel that supports 1080i. I made a request to d33 to add 1080i to the newest kernel but it fell on deaf ears.

PS
        These boxes are a pain in the neck.

Originally posted by eng View Post
        I have successfully installed http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/mk809III_mtk_1.zip with http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_KK_v4.2.5_MT5931.zip (the HD version) and really the wifi only work for 5-10 minutes then stops, the bluetooth doesnt work at all.
        The ROM is one of the more responsive i've used, but 1080p playback is a bit sluggish, even with Beyond XBMC and only 30 FPS.
        Did anyone installed linux on it, i've tried http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...based-TV-boxes and i cannot have display output after boot.
        Thanks a lot to everyone.

PS - The remote doesn't work right, and when you shutdown it won't power back on, the box makes a little noise when you press the power button and only starts after you disconnect and reconnect the power adaptor.

Comment

Originally posted by noobx View Post
          beyond xbmc doesn't support hardware acceleration in kit kat, use the latest official stable build.
          I get smooth playback in xbmc when i set the display to 1080i. I'm talking about smooth 1080p streaming in navi-x, vevo, dailymotion etc. But you have to go without WiFi and Bluetooth and use an older kernel that supports 1080i. I made a request to d33 to add 1080i to the newest kernel but it fell on deaf ears.

PS
          These boxes are a pain in the neck.
          Hi noobx,

very true, they are cheap and annoying. I ordered this gadget based on your feedback that BT doesn't work. So I should be fine without WiFi and BT. Regarding the older kernel, was this the one you recommended in your previous posts?
          I watched a 720p movie and found all perfect, will try a FullHD by today. Mostly I used MX Player and Synology Video Station for playing. I wonder what's the benefit of XBMC (I played with it already).

Comment

Thats the exact same wireless keyboard i got, It works pretty good, I like it.
            I uploaded the kernel I use to my dropbox here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qquuj9ww5...TVBOX.zip?dl=1 keep in mind that wifi and bluetooth wont work. There is more than 1 kernel in the zip file, I use kernel_v4.1_TVBOX_AP6210_HD.img

For playback of local files MX player is one of the best, I also like BS player. Xbmc is mainly for streaming movies or web content such as vevo, youtube, dailymotion etc. You can stream movies and tv shows with navi-x and other plugins. The quality of streams can vary, with navi-x there's a lot of HD content.

Originally posted by Skye View Post
            Hi noobx,

very true, they are cheap and annoying. I ordered this gadget based on your feedback that BT doesn't work. So I should be fine without WiFi and BT. Regarding the older kernel, was this the one you recommended in your previous posts?
            I watched a 720p movie and found all perfect, will try a FullHD by today. Mostly I used MX Player and Synology Video Station for playing. I wonder what's the benefit of XBMC (I played with it already).

Comment

A little heads up.

I find a post by d33 stating that using his overclock kernel could cause the problem of not booting that i experienced "If you have a 'good' T then all will be well and it will perform like a non-T, if you have a bad one it may get hot / not boot."

I have a bad T, and you too...

Comment

4.4.2 Stock ROM - Everything Works here

Guys,

The Stock 4.4.2 ROM for this board can be downloaded from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTyu9wz?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c Everything works as it should with this ROM

Now I have a problem where I hope someone can help me - I want to use this box for skype and I connected a Logitech C920 HD webcam. The problem I have is that the picture is too dark on the default exposure setting. Its fine on +3 exposure, but Skype has no way of changing the exposure so its practically unusable.
                Anybody know which file i could modify to change the default exposure value or any other method to fix this?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by masammut View Post
                  Guys,

The Stock 4.4.2 ROM for this board can be downloaded from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTyu9wz?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c Everything works as it should with this ROM

Now I have a problem where I hope someone can help me - I want to use this box for skype and I connected a Logitech C920 HD webcam. The problem I have is that the picture is too dark on the default exposure setting. Its fine on +3 exposure, but Skype has no way of changing the exposure so its practically unusable.
                  Anybody know which file i could modify to change the default exposure value or any other method to fix this?
                  Thanks
                  Is there a better way to download this from a site that isn't filled with Malware?

Comment

Originally posted by smwatkin View Post
                    Is there a better way to download this from a site that isn't filled with Malware?
                    Well I downloaded it from there - no malware as far as I can see, but I do use adblock plus.
                    This link was provided by the company I bought the box from.

Comment

Originally posted by masammut View Post
                      Guys,

Thanks
                      Are there any mirrors to this download? I've been trying to get it for days and it always fails.

Comment

Originally posted by chaotix000 View Post
                        Are there any mirrors to this download? I've been trying to get it for days and it always fails.
                        No that's the firmware link i got from my supplier. I sold the box now so I don't have it anymore.

Comment

What ROMs can we use with this firmware?

Comment

If anyone is looking to root this thing download iRoot from this site on your device. Worked like a charm.

Comment

help
                              I'm desperate.
                              i put one kernel ..... and now I have no video output.
                              No've tried to do everything known.
                              Maskrom all roms I've found.
                              The chip is rk3188T and I think the wifi chip is MediaTek. I put pictures.
                              Again help.

Thank you very much in advance

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X