Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LS_X6_V12 Motherboard with RK3188-T

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to identify my hardware so I can select a ROM for it please?

It was an alibaba purchase and sold as a CS918, but it has working bluetooth on it and I read that means its some kind of clone.

The PCB has a date code of 2014_03_29 and the numbers LS_X6_V12 on the bottom of it. The JPEG I have of it is apparently not a valid image for this site, so here is the link to the image;

Google returns a blank (which is rare) when I search for LS_X6_V12, so I need your help.

Thanks,

Shugs

That's weird.. Any support from the vendor?

Comment

I have a wifi chip because you can not see in the picture
      MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Hi,
        Looks like you have a new version of a T-r42
        -this probably means no custom roms (yet) for your unit

Can you post a review of your unit ( with pic's of settings )
        -why did you ask for help?

If you can..
        Can you ask your reseller for a stock-rom
        -then post the d/l here at freaktab..
        --So developers can look at the source.. and to help others users ( that installed a wrong fw on there unit)

Or if you have the knowledge.. make a backup of your units firmware
        rkflashkit is an open source toolkit for flashing Linux kernel images to rockchip rk3066/rk3188/rk3288 etc. based devices. It's programmed with python and gtk2. - linuxerwang/rkflashkit

Cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
          Hi,
          Looks like you have a new version of a T-r42
          -this probably means no custom roms (yet) for your unit

Can you post a review of your unit ( with pic's of settings )
          -why did you ask for help?

If you can..
          Can you ask your reseller for a stock-rom
          -then post the d/l here at freaktab..
          --So developers can look at the source.. and to help others users ( that installed a wrong fw on there unit)

Or if you have the knowledge.. make a backup of your units firmware
          rkflashkit is an open source toolkit for flashing Linux kernel images to rockchip rk3066/rk3188/rk3288 etc. based devices. It's programmed with python and gtk2. - linuxerwang/rkflashkit

Cheers..
          Sory
          you have a mediocre idea of ​​the mini pc, just write me with what is the chip and do not need anyone to write about the stock rom.
          Maybe write teeth sent equipment to the manufacturer

Comment

More info...

Ok I realise my last post lacked some detail, so I will try to elaborate.

This box came with Android 4.2.2 installed. In the settings/screen menu I can, and have, selected 1080p 50Hz. However, when I run Beyond-XBMC 12.4 or XBMC 13 (Gotham). Neither of them will let me select anything above 720p. The TV reports a 1080p signal but the video quality is poor (I suspect a scale down ad then back up of the video may be at fault here). On top of this, the SPIF link is only ever doing stereo regardless of any other settings.

From reading on here, I am lead to believe that the handicap may be in the Kernel. If you look at the picture you can see the RK3188-T chip. No heat-sink which seems un-usual.

So I am willing to learn how to flash in new firmware versions and in the interim I will go back to my little R-Pi for 1080p.

I hope that all makes sense.

Shugs

Comment

Firstly hello everyone, i am new here!

I just got RK3188-T with the same LS_X6_V12 Motherboard.

As it seems a new model, i have take some pictures to share with you guys here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y2cv03ep8joaunv/AAD8-dfH-7KM383ReHaNPvzxaSince

it is the first box i ever bought, i don't know if its common, but the remote control is horrible!
              It came loaded with XBMC Beyond in 12.4, so not gotham in there.
              Now my big problem sits in VPN access, since i have a paid account in Astrill, i just downloaded from their site the Android app, but it turns out it can't connect no matter what, and the error always come with a "tun.ko"
              I have searched in google all day, tried installing from the Google playstore the Tun.Ko installer, but it fails to download the right file...I tried then to use the Open Vpn app also from the Google Playstore, but it comes the same error "possibly the tun.ko kernel module is not loaded"
              As i depend of VPN to use youtube and so many others apps, could you guys give me some light?I guess i just can't flash the box and install a new rom right?
              Sorry, i really don't know too much about this stuff!

Appreciate your help, and i will do my best to keep active here!

Comment

Hi and welcome..

Tun.ko needs root, So do you have root access?

Many Howto's can be found here..
                Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your K-R42(Settings -> Developer Options) Connect your K-R42 to a Windows PC via the mini USB port. (now only support rooted via Windows PC, no linux or Mac) Your PC should detect a new device, and try to install the driver. You can download the driver http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yqxz3wnqi2hpmcm After having installed the […]

Aka... moborobo + Tpsparky

Perhaps.. you can remove the small plastic.. covering the IR reciever
                -to get beter remote responds

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by jlbreda View Post
                  Firstly hello everyone, i am new here!

I just got RK3188-T with the same LS_X6_V12 Motherboard.

As it seems a new model, i have take some pictures to share with you guys here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y2cv03ep8...eHaNPvzxaSince

it is the first box i ever bought, i don't know if its common, but the remote control is horrible!
                  It came loaded with XBMC Beyond in 12.4, so not gotham in there.
                  Now my big problem sits in VPN access, since i have a paid account in Astrill, i just downloaded from their site the Android app, but it turns out it can't connect no matter what, and the error always come with a "tun.ko"
                  I have searched in google all day, tried installing from the Google playstore the Tun.Ko installer, but it fails to download the right file...I tried then to use the Open Vpn app also from the Google Playstore, but it comes the same error "possibly the tun.ko kernel module is not loaded"
                  As i depend of VPN to use youtube and so many others apps, could you guys give me some light?I guess i just can't flash the box and install a new rom right?
                  Sorry, i really don't know too much about this stuff!

Appreciate your help, and i will do my best to keep active here!
                  throw this chip wifi then you will be able to install something else so that I even know what you have

Comment

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
                    throw this chip wifi then you will be able to install something else so that I even know what you have
                    Sorry but i did not get it! Can you explain it?

Comment

as you undress device integrated circuits I need to do a close-up pics
                      you understood?

Comment

Originally posted by jlbreda View Post
                        Sorry but i did not get it! Can you explain it?
                        I'm not sure, but maybe he want's to know which wifi chip set this PCB/motherboard use...
                        So maybe he will be able to give an information which mod rom maybe works at this device...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                          Hi and welcome.. Tun.ko needs root, So do you have root access?Many Howto's can be found here.. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.U3NnI61NdcsAka... moborobo + TpsparkyPerhaps.. you can remove the small plastic.. covering the IR reciever-to get beter remote respondsGoodluck
                          The moborobo + Tpsparky worked like a charm and i was able then to run the tun.ko installer and fix it.Everything is working well now!Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                            I'm not sure, but maybe he want's to know which wifi chip set this PCB/motherboard use...
                            So maybe he will be able to give an information which mod rom maybe works at this device...
                            I am not too experienced in opening circuits, but i would give it a try if you could point me in the right direction.

Comment

Device undress so underneath are 4 rubber peel them and are the screws
                              I marked in red what you write MEDIATEK ............

Comment

Working...
                              X