No announcement yet.

LS_X6_V12 Motherboard with RK3188-T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I just got this same device with same motherboard today in the mail. Ordered from Aliexpress, it has kitkat already installed on it. I can not use my rf remote with this device, after a while it just goes crazy, the included ir remote is crap. Also, it has a version of beyond xbmc pre installed however, playback is all choppy, jittery. I used RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows to dump the rom and it seems the kernel is in the boot.img. I patched is with the vsync patch and rebuilt the boot image flashed it back onto the device but it's still jittery. Someone have a working rom for this device? Please help, thanks in advance.

Comment

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluet...862531405.html Here's the link to the product page on Aliexpress. The product description is completely misleading. It has the RK3188T chipset instead of the RK3188. There is no heat sink on the chipset either.

Comment

Ok, upon further inspection, it looks like it has this wifi bt chipset: MT5931SA MT6622N, and there is one 8gb sandisk chip, two nanya ram chips i think and one chip that says rk1000.

Comment

Has anyone gotten one of these to work with xbmc without any stutter? I've tried everything, from patching the kernel which is inside boot.img with vsyncfixomatic patch and also tried replacing the hwcomposer.rk30board.so file and doing some overclocked kernels, but the stuttering is still there. Is this normal for these rk3188t chips?

This is pathetic, my mk808b plays video much smoother than this.

Comment

Kitkat rooted stock firmware for ls_x6_v12

Here is a kitkat rooted stock firmware I've received from vendor, running good (but slowly)on my ls_x6_v12

Comment

Originally posted by adlionel View Post
              Here is a kitkat rooted stock firmware I've received from vendor, running good (but slowly)on my ls_x6_v12
              http://vondroid.com/threads/cs918-ls...65/#post-62936
              Does it fix the stuttering issue in xbmc? Also, I can't use my usb keyboard/mouse rii i8 on this thing, it just goes all crazy when you press a button, until you take the nano receiver out.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
                Does it fix the stuttering issue in xbmc? Also, I can't use my usb keyboard/mouse rii i8 on this thing, it just goes all crazy when you press a button, until you take the nano receiver out.
                I have not tested xbmc but I'm not very confident as network performance is very poor.
                With Wifi i've always a greyed out wifi icon and speedtests give me only 10-12 Mbps (35 Mbps with my iphone 5 in the same place) on my 400Mbps connection. And only 40 Mbps with ethernet

With an other firmware at least the wifi icon was blue...

Comment

Originally posted by adlionel View Post
                  ... only 40 Mbps with ethernet...
                  It's enough for streaming / downloading (reading from NAS) ...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

ok, i just flashed the box with this new firmware and it still has the stuttering problem. I will try patching the kernel with the vsync patch and repackaging in the boot.img to see if this will fix the problem. It hasn't worked with the other image kernel for this device. Does, someone know any other way to fix the stuttering problem other than the patch by phjanderson? It seems to not be working on the kernel for this device.

The patch worked great on my version 5 mk808b which also had the stuttering issue.

Comment

No, luck after patching the firmware with vsyncfixomatic and repackaged everything, in this image there is also a copy of the kernel and recovery in the backup.img file as well. So I replaced all the kernel images in all locations with the patched kernel image but still no luck. This board revision sucks. Only after someone knowledgeable can fix the firmware I think we will see any progress.

Comment

No, luck after patching the firmware with vsyncfixomatic and repackaged everything, in this image there is also a copy of the kernel and recovery in the backup.img file as well. So I replaced all the kernel images in all locations with the patched kernel image but still no luck. This board revision sucks. Only after someone knowledgeable can fix the firmware I think we will see any progress.
                        As you can see here, this rom has a lot of suprises in it

http://vondroid.com/threads/cs918-ls_x6_v12.23565/page-2#post-62992

Comment

Ok, here's an update, stuttering is fixed when you put the patch kernel back in the backup image as well as the boot and recovery images, however, even with an overclocked kernel using rkpatchomatic the thing does not play 720 or 1080 files. Also, you have to set the resolution in screen settings to 720P to get a clearer picture, setting it to 1080P makes the screen blurry. lol. what a hackjob.

Comment

Ok, here's an update, stuttering is fixed when you put the patch kernel back in the backup image as well as the boot and recovery images, however, even with an overclocked kernel using rkpatchomatic the thing does not play 720 or 1080 files. Also, you have to set the resolution in screen settings to 720P to get a clearer picture, setting it to 1080P makes the screen blurry. lol. what a hackjob.
                            Indeed I've noticed that 1080p is 720p upscaled to 1080p not a true 1080p output (hope that a future wasser firmware could solve that)

Regarding stuttering, can you upload your patched image somewhere or maybe can you make a step by step tutorial? I'm pretty new to android custom firmware... (I don't know yet how to make a full RK3188 backup/nandroid)

Comment

I will upload a image later on which solves stuttering, and hopefully be able to play at least 720P. I'm working on a overclocked kernel right now. let's see.

Comment

Ok, the stuttering is still there on 720 videos, only sd videos have no stuttering. This device in reality only has 1gb of ram but it's reporting and was advertised as 2gb ram.

Comment

Working...
                                X