Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

identify my T-R42/K-R42 / Stock Firmware? ("R-box boot logo")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identify my T-R42/K-R42 / Stock Firmware? ("R-box boot logo")

Hi folks,

Some time ago I wanted to flash my R42 with Picuntu (or any other Linux version) to get more performance because I just need xbmc and a few other programs...
    sadly it didnt work with any FW, including ALMOST ALL of the firmwares posted in this forum.
    I bought it on **** as a "K-R42", but with bluetooth it must be an T-R42, right?
    http://www.****.de/itm/171178615367?...367%26_rdc%3D1

this is what it looks like from the inside:

there is some kind of "code" on the board: "ZXSD-Z X0 05 " " V02" and "2013.08.25"

This is the information of the firmware and kernel (STOCK):
    - Kernel-Version: 3.0.36+
    - Build-Number: rk31sdk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.ty.20131010.103451 test-keys
    - Vendor Software: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.2.2-SDkV1.0.0_130514

Could you please help me by identifying my anrdoid-box?
    Maybe some of you have an idea why NO other firmware works...
    I would love to run Picuntu/ubuntu on my R42!

thanks a lot to everyone who can help me

See

For more info

Goodluck
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 05-12-2014, 18:22. Reason: jave disabled -makes layout gone

Comment

THANKS a lot!!!! I already searched for a thread like this, but had no luck before...

Comment

Originally posted by kokospalme View Post
        Some time ago I wanted to flash my R42 with Picuntu (or any other Linux version) to get more performance because I just need xbmc and a few other programs...

I would love to run Picuntu/ubuntu on my R42!
        BTW:
        No HW acceleration for video at Linux at the moment (and maybe never)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

@kokospalme : I have EXACTLY same device ... No fw find for this box.
          Mail sent to Ms. CHOW , [email protected] (the manufacturer of ZXSD board) :
          "Hi, Ms.CHOW !
          Please, can You help me ?!
          I bought R-BOX media player, based on ZXSD-Z X005 V02 board (see pictures in attach) ...
          Don't know why , but my device is bricked ...
          I need the original firmware and the advices on how to reflash my Android box ...otherwise my little son will be verry dissapointed ...
          Thank You in advance for any answer !
          Sorry for poor english ... Regards !"
          Answer :
          "
          你好:
          你的BOX现在是什么问题,不开机吗?我们可以发新的软件给你。如果还是解决不了我帮你转我们 工程部。"

Still waiting for an working firmware and reflashing procedure ... Maybe if you send a similar mail, with same content, will be receiving an answer ...

Comment

Just received "fresh" (?!) fw for my R-BOX, from szzxsd.com. Link : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWPloAg
            Not tested yet ...

Comment

Does anyone have a copy of a 4.4 Kitkat version firmware that will work with this R-BOX 2G 8G, with ZXSD-Z X005 V02 board, using RTL8723AS wireless ?

Thanks for any feedback...

Comment

Working...
              X