CS918 TV box disable root / lock back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918 TV box disable root / lock back

Hi, I've bought the CS918 only to watch tv from my TV provider's App.

I've installed the app and it says it won't play TV channels because the device is rooted (by default).

I would like to lock it back, to be not rooted, and the TV app would play then.

Can anybody help me with a tip? Thanks.

Two suggestions for the price of one:

You could try the RK3188 root/unroot tool here: http://vondroid.com/resources/rk3188-simple-root.387/

or hide root status if the app in question works with this app: http://devadvance.com/rootcloakplus/
    Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
    I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
    RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Also try:

You may also want to try another firmware, to see if it is not rooted. I think this is the stuff you need:

Ok, guys, K-R42 got the new stock firmware, in our effort, factory finally release the new firmware, which fix the netflix problem, now Netflix can work on K-R42 tv box. Here is the firmware download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9qan8v7v21il21/RK3188_BOX_Kingnoval_K-R42-1_NEUTRAL_8188EU_20130702_B.rar password: geekbuying.com   Here is the instruction for how to install the stock firmware: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/07/03/how-to-update-firmware-on-k-r42-quad-core-tv-box/#.UdPNkm37pns   Here is […]
      Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
      I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
      RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Looking for CS918 not-rooted firmware

Hi Budgetgeek, thanks. I have tried all your suggestions, but no luck. The firmware flashes, but then the device freezes and does not start.

So I'm still looking for a NON-ROOTED firmware for CS918 RK3188, it's an ordinary quad core 2gb tv box.

Any more ideas? My internet tv provider still blocks rooted devices...

Comment

Originally posted by primo77 View Post
          So I'm still looking for a NON-ROOTED firmware for CS918 RK3188, it's an ordinary quad core 2gb tv box.
          There exist no "ordinary" quad core 2gb tv box, too many different pcb's...
          Follow this instruction:
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

My CS918 RK3188 is now bricked

After trying all the options I have managed to brick the device.

But I will not hide the solution I discovered to unroot the device: i tried to flash it with unrooted rom - it did not work properly; i tried all other procedures from the web, no go.

The problem is that CS918 is in deed not properly rooted by factory firmware.

The solution for all you, who are still trying, would be: flash it with a rooted rom, install SuperUser, temporary hide root. That's it! No more root problem with applications that block root.

So question for me remains: is there a procedure for CS918 to unbrick it? I eagerly hope so... I would like to repair the device and execute the winning procedure I just shared.

Comment

Some collected information, but not tried by myself...
              ===================

-------

Got it flashing again by using a paperclip on every nand pin until it entered mask rom mode.
              Has a Toshiba Nand chip, different than all the other maskrom tutorials that are for other nand chips.

-------

Mask rom can be entered by connecting pin 8-9 on the chip and plug in the power plug( some on 7 and 8 ) google it.. there is some info on it.

-------

1. Start Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7
              2. connect the OTG port to your PC
              3. not hold the reset button underneath the box or press the power button (the light should stay red)
              4. Toshiba nand chip and the right pins were on the left side, somewhere from the bottom with the 'Toshiba' name readable not upside down
              5. then connect the power adapter and then a blue square will show up in Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 instead of a green square when you hold the reset button

-------

MASK mode fixed my bad (slow) NAND. Box is reading and writing normally again

---------------

Part 1: Open v88 and short out NAND module
              1. Unplug usb and power charger from v88.
              2. Perform a "Deep Power Off" by pressing the Power button for at least 20 secs
              3. Start up both RKBatchTool and RKAndroidTool using admin privileges
              4. Open v88 casing
              5. Power on v88
              6. Connect v88 to PC using USB
              7. Locate pins 8 & 9 on the #1 NAND module and short them out using a small pin, paperclip or small screwdriver. If shorting out pins 8 & 9 don't work, try shorting out pins 7 & 8
              8. By shorting out the NAND module, you have put your tablet in "Mask ROM Mode." The RKAndroidTool should now indicate your tablet is recognized by showing the following message: "Found RKAndroid MaskRom Rock Usb"

Part 2: Erase corrupt NAND memory
              1. Click on the #1 box within RKAndroidTool (the Loader box)
              2. Click on "EraseIDB"
              3. Wait for the RKAndroidTool to indicate the EraseIDB was successful
              4. You can now close out RKAndroidTool

Part 3: Reflash firmware/ROM onto v88
              1. Load firmware/ROM into RKBatchTool
              2. RKBatchTool should have it's #1 Box highlighted in blue
              3. Click Flash ROM
              4. Done

----------------

circuited pin 8&9 of SK Hynix H27UCG8T2BTR

===================
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nice pictures at this HowTo
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Success!

no_spam_for_me thank you for the tips. I opened the device, shorted the pins and plugged in the power, after 3rd try my PC detected life in it. But just when the red light was on. When the light disappeared there was no more connection. I wanted to erase the NAND IDB (with RKAndroidTool.exe), but the PC+CS918 connection time was too short (cca 5 seconds, only when the red light was on) to do anything... I found that constant press on the button kept the red light on which prolonged the connection time between the PC and CS918, so I pressed the button for longer time until IDB was erased. After reboot, the device light was blue and it was working again...

Comment

no_spam_for_me thank you for the tips. I opened the device, shorted the pins and plugged in the power, after 3rd try my PC detected life in it. But just when the red light was on. When the light disappeared there was no more connection. I wanted to erase the NAND IDB (with RKAndroidTool.exe), but the PC+CS918 connection time was too short (cca 5 seconds, only when the red light was on) to do anything... I found that constant press on the button kept the red light on which prolonged the connection time between the PC and CS918, so I pressed the button for longer time until IDB was erased. After reboot, the device light was blue and it was working again...
                    Will shorting work on a XT-Q7-V11?
                    How do you recognise pins 8,9?
                    Last edited by shaungrima79; 09-25-2014, 11:49.

Comment

My CS918 RK3188 is now bricked

After trying all the options I have managed to brick the device.

But I will not hide the solution I discovered to unroot the device: i tried to flash it with unrooted rom - it did not work properly; i tried all other procedures from the web, no go.

The problem is that CS918 is in deed not properly rooted by factory firmware.

The solution for all you, who are still trying, would be: flash it with a rooted rom, install SuperUser, temporary hide root. That's it! No more root problem with applications that block root.

So question for me remains: is there a procedure for CS918 to unbrick it? I eagerly hope so... I would like to repair the device and execute the winning procedure I just shared.
                      What about mine CS918? I am also trying to unroot it so that i can use TV on the GO apps from my provider.
                      Can you help me? Should i flash it with a new rom, or is there any other way? Root Checker gives "rk3188 rooted", but i can not find SU anywhere...

The details from the Android menu are: OS: Android 4.4.2, Kernel version 3.036+ Fri Dec 26 2014, Vendor software version: RK3188_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4.2-SDK

ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181104_232559.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	750838

Comment

Working...
                      X