CS918 k-rk3188-v4.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918 k-rk3188-v4.3

Hi I'm looking to put on a custom rom on my device. i opened it up and the only things written on the board is:

k-rk3188-v4.3
    gl852g
    hh6cd08y12
    314s1a3831

realtek
    RTL8188ETV

which rom do i use? where do i get it from? i tried the system-t-r42-old_rev wasser rom with kernal-1080p-t-r42 using the RKandroidtool. it worked except i cannot use LAN at all. when i enable ethernet i dont get an ip address. i even try to use static address but still not working. please can anyone help with this?

CS918 k-rk3188-v4.3

I have the same box... came today. Yes Ive romed it without saving the stock... tried loads of custom roms and none of them get the wifi or bluetooth working... So im a little lost myself...

Dont spose you saved your stock rom ?

Ive tried the rom's you mentioned and i just get blank screen... Not even sys recovery screen..

Any help would be gratefully received

Comment

Hi Nitrogenbear,

They may not be completely the same box, as my one does not have bluetooth. i believe if the wifi is not working you have used the wrong Kernel. My box Wifi is RTL8188ETV.

I spent most of the night trying different ROM's and the one that works for me was the Wasser 1.2.5 t-r42 new firmware. Using boot-1080p and kernel 1080p t-r42 new. flashing with RKAndroidTool. When i tried Wasser 1.2.5 old i could not get the ethernet to work.

Have not attempted KitKat new yet as i stopped while i was ahead at 4am this morning

As for stock Rom, i did not take a backup either, but i bought 2 of these devices, one of which i've left untouched, so if you still need it i can try to back it up and put it online.

Let me know how you get on.

Originally posted by Nitrogenbear View Post
      I have the same box... came today. Yes Ive romed it without saving the stock... tried loads of custom roms and none of them get the wifi or bluetooth working... So im a little lost myself...

Dont spose you saved your stock rom ?

Ive tried the rom's you mentioned and i just get blank screen... Not even sys recovery screen..

Any help would be gratefully received

Comment

Wifi/BT Chip rtl 8723as

Hiya Sam_frost

Just like you said.. same bored but different chips..

Im still looking for a firmware that i can use.

My wifi chip i an rtl 8723as

Ive seen it mentioned in a few posts but still looking to find a kernel that will work...

Thanks for your reply

NB..

Comment

I have the 4.3 with 8188etv the prob i had was the stock rom had no tun.ko so surfeasy my proxy prog for here in the uk would not work i found a rom after much searching that allows everything to work and has tun.ko this is for the above version minus bluetooth its on my laptop ill ul to dropbox 2 morrow ill once its up ill re-post pm me for a link till i find a reliable public host.

Comment

sorry forgot to reply this is on my dropbox if any one needs shoot me a pm its already worked for someone
            rom is 4.2 with tun.ko which a lot of the shipped units did not have and all the remote functions work.
            I use this daily with surfeasy and xbmc and netflix

Comment

Thanks it works

Comment

I have this board but with RTL8723AS WiFi/Bluetooth chip, the chip in front of the LAN connector reads "MHPC", I peeled off the thin bit of alloy stuck on the chip and its a 3188T, but several apps say its 1.6Ghz, so looks like its manufacturer overclocked.

Comment

some of these apps may read the build prop which can be modified to say pretty much anything i believe

Comment

The T overclocks to 1.6 Ghz, the box scores 18008 on Antutu, pretty confident its overclocked.

Comment

RK3188t

Originally posted by Nitrogenbear View Post
                      Hiya Sam_frost

Just like you said.. same bored but different chips..

Im still looking for a firmware that i can use.

My wifi chip i an rtl 8723as

Ive seen it mentioned in a few posts but still looking to find a kernel that will work...

Thanks for your reply

NB..
                      Hello Nitro

i have the same board, chip is RK3188T and 8723as as well.
                      did you find a suitable rom?
                      do you also have 3188T chip?

thanks

uri

Comment

Is there a overclock kernel for this box yet? The K-RK3188-V4.3 With BT. I have the wasser kitkat firmware installed. I also have a bigger heatsink installed too.

Comment

Originally posted by nexy33 View Post
                          sorry forgot to reply this is on my dropbox if any one needs shoot me a pm its already worked for someone
                          rom is 4.2 with tun.ko which a lot of the shipped units did not have and all the remote functions work.
                          I use this daily with surfeasy and xbmc and netflix
                          Is there a download link for this ROM sir? 👍😆

Comment

Working...
                          X