• Show
Clear All

MT7601/MT5931/RTL3188 RK3188 July 2014 KitKat ROM

It's for the following device

EKB311B(MT7601 Wifi, MT6622 BT) - 30/07/2014

- New Sources
    - Latest ffmpeg
    - Latest HEVC
    - Dutch/other apps that only run on tablets work great.
    - Rooted
    - Very fast
    - Spoofed as Galaxy Phone for better app support
    - Lots of remote control support
    - Build prop tweaks
    - New Kernel
    1080p or 720p(both included)
    Support Asix, Moschip usb ethernet
    Overclocked ram to 720mhz
    Tun for VPN
    512 KB Cache(default 128KB)
    EDID Fix for 1080 displays
    Ntfs, nfs, cifs filesystem support
    1.6 Ghz CPU, 1Ghz-1.6Ghz Ondemand Governor

- Latest Multimedia and useful apps
    - Netflix, Hulu, Popcorntime, Videomix, Youtube, Spotify, Tunein etc.
    Latest Showbox
    - Nova Launcher default, now better than Apex launcher
    - Run Apps only meant for unrooted devices, like banking apps etc.
    - Easily change VPN to run Geo-restricted apps
    - HLS Support for streaming apps
    - CWM Recovery
    - Flash video enabled in browser
    - XBMC SPMC Gotham and plugins pre-installed
    - OTG Bug Fixed
    - 24/25/30hz Refresh rates(only work with certain displays)
    - No bootanimation(boot is not instant, just be patient)

Recommend to use 720 kernel for improved performance
    1080 kernel recommended for better video quality
    (Also need to change density in build.prop for bigger icons 160/240)

This is the second fully working KitKat MT7601 ROM by me.
    There is no stock KitKat rom for this device(EKB311B, MT7601), so I made one myself.

Link:
    Pass: ThisROMWorksGreat
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Kernel for MT5931 wifi, also compatible with this wifi(not all features that MT7601 kernel has)

Flasher Tool
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Need to select all the image files into the flash tool.
    Erase IDB, then flash

Don't go back to Jellybean unless you load the KitKat parameter file and do erase IDB again before flashing a JB ROM, otherwise you will soft-brick yourdevice.

Compatible with EKB311B(MT7601)

and MTK5931 wifi & MT6622 BT

If someone can provide a adb logcat, it would be nice to see what to optimise to improve boot-time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Donate to support new development
    Last edited by mo123; 08-03-2014, 09:45.

MT7601/MT5931 RK3188 July 2014 KitKat ROM

Wrong password. Sorry, everything is OK
    Last edited by Boba; 07-30-2014, 17:47.

Comment

MT5931 1080p Kernel

Hi, and thanks for the ROM. Is there any chance for you to prepare the MT5931 1080p Kernel? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ingelectronico View Post
        Hi, and thanks for the ROM. Is there any chance for you to prepare the MT5931 1080p Kernel? Thanks in advance.
        Hi

Have you tried the steps in this thread?

Bluetooth should work with my MT7601 kernel, but I'll try to make RTL8188 & MT5931 HD/FHD kernels also.
        ROM will then work with MT7601/MT5931/RTL8188 wifi, 3 in 1.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
          Hi

Have you tried the steps in this thread?

Bluetooth should work with my MT7601 kernel, but I'll try to make RTL8188 & MT5931 HD/FHD kernels also.
          ROM will then work with MT7601/MT5931/RTL8188 wifi, 3 in 1.
          Hi again. I still didn't try, as I thought the 720p kernel was not really 1080p capable. I'll flash and give a try. Thanks for the quick answer

Comment

Will this work in this device "MK809 III B" RK3188, mt5931sa and mt6622n.
            I just want to fix the frameskipping issue, which rom should I install??
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fcolmedo View Post
              Will this work in this device "MK809 III B" RK3188, mt5931sa and mt6622n.
              I just want to fix the frameskipping issue, which rom should I install??
              Thanks.
              It should.
              Just try to use a MT5931 kernel from your device's KitKat rom.
              You can try to use the MT5931 kernel here but it's for a TV Box, might not display anything on screen if the LCD0/LCD1 settings in the kernel is different from your device's kernel.
              If all else fails, just load this KitKat ROM's parameter file in the flash Tool and erase IDB, then flash your stock rom(JB 4.2 or KitKat if available) back.

Comment

hi , bros , I have a cs918(MT7601u) tv box , I download the EKB311B_MM_KK_ROM and extracted some img files, and already use the rom flash tool to flash all img files to the cs918 box. the box startup and fine to play, but, when I use proxydroid, it say the box not yet rooted. Then, I use the rootchecker to check, also say non rooted. When I run SuperSU, it say su binary not installed. I also download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip and update in recovery mode, but the problem stll here. Any big master can teach me how can do..

Comment

Originally posted by pingping1 View Post
                  hi , bros , I have a cs918(MT7601u) tv box , I download the EKB311B_MM_KK_ROM and extracted some img files, and already use the rom flash tool to flash all img files to the cs918 box. the box startup and fine to play, but, when I use proxydroid, it say the box not yet rooted. Then, I use the rootchecker to check, also say non rooted. When I run SuperSU, it say su binary not installed. I also download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip and update in recovery mode, but the problem stll here. Any big master can teach me how can do..
                  Have a look at

and because of keywords also at
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

It should.
                    Just try to use a MT5931 kernel from your device's KitKat rom.
                    You can try to use the MT5931 kernel here but it's for a TV Box, might not display anything on screen if the LCD0/LCD1 settings in the kernel is different from your device's kernel.
                    If all else fails, just load this KitKat ROM's parameter file in the flash Tool and erase IDB, then flash your stock rom(JB 4.2 or KitKat if available) back.
                    I've flashed with this rom (MT5931 kernel). The display works well but wifi is not working

Comment

I've flashed with this rom (MT5931 kernel). The display works well but wifi is not working
                      Do you have a stock KitKat ROM for your device, try to flash that kernel if possible and see if wifi works?
                      Follow the steps in the first post below and upload dmesg file here, so I can see.

I'll then try to make custom kernels for MT5931.
                      Does bluetooth work?

Comment

Do you have a stock KitKat ROM for your device, try to flash that kernel if possible and see if wifi works?
                        Follow the steps in the first post below and upload dmesg file here, so I can see.

I'll then try to make custom kernels for MT5931.
                        Does bluetooth work?
                        I've tried but I guess I bricked it. Now when I connect the stick to the PC, it is recognized by windows but a few seconds later it powers off and it's no longer detected by the PC. How could I unbrick it?

Comment

I've tried but I guess I bricked it. Now when I connect the stick to the PC, it is recognized by windows but a few seconds later it powers off and it's no longer detected by the PC. How could I unbrick it?
                          Make sure power saving mode for USB devices is turned off in Control Panel.
                          Hold paperclip in the hole in your TV Stick and connect to PC.
                          Erase IDB in the Flash Tool
                          Then flash all the images again(Select your stock KitKat kernel), or the MT5931 one).
                          Wait 5 minutes for the device to boot.

Comment

Make sure power saving mode for USB devices is turned off in Control Panel.
                            Hold paperclip in the hole in your TV Stick and connect to PC.
                            Erase IDB in the Flash Tool
                            Then flash all the images again(Select your stock KitKat kernel), or the MT5931 one).
                            Wait 5 minutes for the device to boot.
                            I can't do anything because the stick powers itself off after 8 seconds. And energy saving mode for USB is disabled. Really bad situation.

Comment

I can't do anything because the stick powers itself off after 8 seconds. And energy saving mode for USB is disabled. Really bad situation.
                              Flash an *.img ROM with Flash Tool v1.7 in MaskROM mode.
                              Short-circuit pin 8&9 or try different conbinations, the flash tool will say maskROM Mode.
                              Search on Freaktab for tutorials, there are even videos on Youtube showing how to do it.
                              Rockchip devices are mostly unbrickable.

Comment

Working...
                              X