No announcement yet.

MT7601/MT5931/RTL3188 RK3188 July 2014 KitKat ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! This is my first post, I try your work in my TV box..
    I have Rk3188_Box_V2.0 (2013-11-28), rom is working well, Wifi is working, and Bt too... But Ehternet don't work for me..
    Any idea?

PD: Root is not working too..
    Last edited by Lord_Kimbou; 09-09-2014, 23:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Kimbou View Post
      Hi! This is my first post, I try your work in my TV box..
      I have Rk3188_Box_V2.0 (2013-11-28), rom is working well, Wifi is working, and Bt too... But Ehternet don't work for me..
      Any idea?

PD: Root is not working too..
      You can use Kingoroot to root again.
      Ethernet: You probably have external clock for ethernet, possible to make another kernel.
      I already have a newer ROM, but haven't uploaded it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        You can use Kingoroot to root again.
        Ethernet: You probably have external clock for ethernet, possible to make another kernel.
        I already have a newer ROM, but haven't uploaded it yet.
        Thanks! I reroot again!

I'm waiting new rom and kernel for test! Thanks for all!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerzyjerzy
          @mo123

Here is dmesg with gpio numbers and names. Stock ROM, your kernel_l, Ethernet ON, wifi ON.

Please let me know if you need them as separate files (w1b1, etc.).
          If you can post the separate files also from my kernel and the stock one.
          Think the stock kernel 4 files are already uploaded somewhere, but will help if it comes from the same device and uploaded to the same post.
          Will then create more test kernels with bluetooth changes and different sources.

Comment

Any progress made with the Q7 kernel

Originally posted by jerzyjerzy
            @mo123

Here is dmesg with gpio numbers and names. Stock ROM, your kernel_l, Ethernet ON, wifi ON.

Please let me know if you need them as separate files (w1b1, etc.).
            Hi I been looking forward to tring a new kernel for the Q7, I realise that I should learn to do this process myself but I'm having difficulties with pearl and the commands on my Q7, I was wondering if there has been any progress on this with the dmesg?

Comment

Busy with new ROM project for MT7601,MT5931,RTL8188(Q7) & ESP8089.
              Those interested can register here, then I'll give instructions later after I give you access.
              Here is more information.
              Will also create ROM for HPH RK3288 device in a week or two(trying to recoup some costs as it wasn't cheap)

The MT7601 and RTL8188 with bluetooth are fully working.
              Only issue experienced was AV sound not working on RTL8188(Q7) for a user. Don't know if it's a big issue, but did create new kernels with HDMI audio fixes and extra sound codecs, maybe it works now. On MT7601 AV sound works.
              True 1080p kernels with wifi & bluetooth.
              MT5931 & ESP8089 support also added.
              Last edited by mo123; 09-24-2014, 21:24.

Comment

hello
                I've just flashed mo123 FW but unfortunately WiFi is not working for me (it says enabling WiFi and nothing happens).
                I will try with different kernel:
                MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I'm wondering do I have to flash rest of the images all over again or just kernel without erasing NAND?

Comment

Originally posted by michalw2 View Post
                  hello
                  I've just flashed mo123 FW but unfortunately WiFi is not working for me (it says enabling WiFi and nothing happens).
                  I will try with different kernel:
                  MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I'm wondering do I have to flash rest of the images all over again or just kernel without erasing NAND?
                  Wifi will work on newer or stock ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    Wifi will work on newer or stock ROM.
                    I've successfully re-rooted device using RootGenius.
                    Thanks mo123 for all the help!
                    Last edited by michalw2; 11-01-2014, 10:52.

Comment

on my box everything works except ethernet. any fix?

Comment

is this newer version of Mo123_custom_v2.zip?

Currently Mo123_custom_v2.zip working well on my device (ethernet bluetooth wifi)
                        I'm just using ethernet. I will not install if it is problematic.
                        Should I try to install it?

Comment

Originally posted by moo54 View Post
                          is this newer version of Mo123_custom_v2.zip?

Currently Mo123_custom_v2.zip working well on my device (ethernet bluetooth wifi)
                          I'm just using ethernet. I will not install if it is problematic.
                          Should I try to install it?
                          You can try to make a backup of the ROM first before flashing a different one to restore if something goes wrong.
                          https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...793#post530793 or

I think this ROM is newer but was made 5 years ago so can't remember.
                          It's not supported anymore as I don't use RK3188 devices anymore.

Comment

feedback (720p kernel)

this firmware is much faster than Mo123_custom_v2.zip.
                            less freeze when watching video

ethernet not work
                            no names in application icons
                            on/off button light(red/blue) not work

biggest promlem this device still is jumping forward during video playing (some videos).

Comment

Working...
                            X