Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q7 possible brick? Any help is appreciated :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q7 possible brick? Any help is appreciated :)

Hello guys, long time lurker, first time poster This is a great community, it helped me a lot in past dealing with other android devices.
    So here is the problem, i ordered 2 units from ali, they are XT-Q7-V11 2014-07-14 (1g/8g) R-Box running on android.

As i got the units from ali they worked fine, aside from video playback via KODI/Beyond XBMC/Show Box, for some reason i was always getting video stutter feels like it was running at 20fps instead of 30fps. in any resolution/configuration/or video quality HD or NON HD.

So i did some homework, opened the unit checked to make sure it would be compatible with the firmware i downloaded, seemed like it, until i updated it... The firmware/update i used was Q7_Firmware_By_lewy20041, and used whatever was supplied but this person (drivers and RKBatch tool). i did all that was required as per instructions provided, however it resulted in an error during the update/flash as it gave me a an error message in the console of that program. So now the unit does not boot up and isnt recognized by windows. I when i connect through OTG with or without recovery button i hear the usb connection sound in windows but in device manager its showing as unknown USB DEVICE with this in the status bar "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed." i have tried to update it to the drivers provided to no avail. The unit does not boot up it just stays in the red led power button.

So the question is how could i unbrick this device?
    Is there any instructions preferably for this device how to unbrick?
    Or is it done for and nothing can be done?
    I did not backup the old firmware but seeing as i have 2 of the same units i could still dump all files from the other unit and load it in the bricked one, i just dont know how its done or if that would even work?

Sorry for the lengthy intro but i just want to be sure i covered all the basis without any further questions to clarify what i did or didnt do

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok to help you I need some more Information pls.

What Windows you run?
    Did you have the Drive Installed that are needed for flashing?

Regards
    Neomode

Comment

Because of backup you should have a look at http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...ew-rk-2-1-tool and to find out, which bootloader is installed at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...971#post174971 (bootver=...)
      and here are some bootloaders http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...930#post214930 and here how to search for more at google http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...182#post215182

Because of unbrick? Maybe this could help http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...07-Q7-bricked=

RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

HI I'm on win 8, can you point me to the driver that you would recommend installing? Before updating I updated my USB driver to some driver that was provided but now the unit is not recognized? Thanks for the help

Comment

If it works with the original bootloader at the device (as you described) and after the update you got the problems, I think it's because of the bootloader, that's why I hope that the maskmode will help to reflash the original bootloader version...
          But you can also try these drivers http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...361#post323361
          and you also should have a look at http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-box-read-this

RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello, i was able to dump all files from my other box.
            i was also able to put the broken box in to mask mode, however im not sure why but i cant figure out how to flash the nand or flash the new firmware on it, in one of the instructions it says i need to click eraseIDB but i cannot find the button...? thank you all again for the help, i really appreciate it been at it for couple hours now, im persistent and i want to fix it really bad

Comment

This might help? When im in Finless ROM FLASH TOOL 1.37, it says NO found RKandroid usb, but if im in Android Tool 2.1 it says mask device found or whatever, (similar to working box, if i plug it in using those prorams, in flash tool no device found, in android tool it says found one loader device)

Comment

Another quick update: is there any easier way to find out which bootloader i have? i have tried witht he link you provided via adb but for some reason its not working. is there any other way to check it through my working box?

Comment

You don't need to use adb if you install a terminal like e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.androidterm and do the 'cat /proc/cmdline' there...

Because of 'eraseIDB' at AndroidTools e.g. 2.1 it is the [LowerFormat]...
                  At http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...930#post177930 at "The second way to flash using Windows is the RKAndroidTool..." you will find out how to setup the AndroidTool...

RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Thank you so much, will try this after work today, really appreciate your help man will report back

Comment

Originally posted by Styleswrap View Post
                      Hello guys, long time lurker, first time poster This is a great community, it helped me a lot in past dealing with other android devices.
                      So here is the problem, i ordered 2 units from ali, they are XT-Q7-V11 2014-07-14 (1g/8g) R-Box running on android.

As i got the units from ali they worked fine, aside from video playback via KODI/Beyond XBMC/Show Box, for some reason i was always getting video stutter feels like it was running at 20fps instead of 30fps. in any resolution/configuration/or video quality HD or NON HD.

So i did some homework, opened the unit checked to make sure it would be compatible with the firmware i downloaded, seemed like it, until i updated it... The firmware/update i used was Q7_Firmware_By_lewy20041, and used whatever was supplied but this person (drivers and RKBatch tool). i did all that was required as per instructions provided, however it resulted in an error during the update/flash as it gave me a an error message in the console of that program. So now the unit does not boot up and isnt recognized by windows. I when i connect through OTG with or without recovery button i hear the usb connection sound in windows but in device manager its showing as unknown USB DEVICE with this in the status bar "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed." i have tried to update it to the drivers provided to no avail. The unit does not boot up it just stays in the red led power button.

So the question is how could i unbrick this device?
                      Is there any instructions preferably for this device how to unbrick?
                      Or is it done for and nothing can be done?
                      I did not backup the old firmware but seeing as i have 2 of the same units i could still dump all files from the other unit and load it in the bricked one, i just dont know how its done or if that would even work?

Sorry for the lengthy intro but i just want to be sure i covered all the basis without any further questions to clarify what i did or didnt do

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Great!! Nice experience !!

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        You don't need to use adb if you install a terminal like e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...al.androidterm and do the 'cat /proc/cmdline' there...
                        i have downloaded this app, for some reason its not working, if i type it all out when it first boots up with exact spaces it tells me that i dont have sufficient permission? would it be easier to extract the boot loader from my working box or is it easier to find which bootloader i have and download/flast it on to the broken one?

edit nevermind, for those attempting this, type the following
                        su (press enter) if its still $, type su again and press enter it should switch to # then type the following
                        cat /proc/cmdline

Comment

And, after few hours after work... SUCCESS! I do honestly have to say thank you no_spam_for_me for the support and great write ups!, finless for great tutorial/programs.

The box is back to normal and working just fine So now i guess new question is...
                          How do i properly flash that firmware on to the unit? or is there no point of me trying to use that firmware anymore as it will do the same thing?
                          ... my guess is i would have to use dumper program, and choose loader i want and firmware and then
                          edit: my guess was wrong, i unpacked the firmware, used those files inside to flash it to the box, as a result only boots to recovery - does not boot in to android.

any help? thanks!

Comment

Sorry, I'm not sure what you talk about...
                            1) you get the rom pumped from the working box?
                            2) you find the right bootloader?
                            3) you are able to use the dump and the right bootloader to flash it at the briecked box and it works again (everything is fine)?

4) What rom do you talk about? The problem is, that there are too many different pcb/motherboards at the same case at the market and most of the roms are incompatible...

5) What mean unpacked the firmware, used those files inside to flash it to the box?
                            5a) Which files do you use (all from this rom or a mix of this rom and your dump)?
                            5b) Do you also use the new/correct adresses of the new parameter file of this rom at the androidtool (and also flashes the right parts to the right "partitions")?

RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

For flashing of firmware, stay away from Win8/Win8.1. You will face usb error code 43. Use Win7 or lower. I found out the hard way..

Comment

Working...
                              X