CS918 failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918 failure

After several months the TV box CS918 RK3188T stopped to boot. I see only 4 penguins on the screen and then - a blank screen. When I connect with recovery button pressed, I see a message that system can't find the directory "datablk" and then system returns to reboot. All internet sources recommend to connect the TV box to PC and reinstall the firmware. But when I connect it to PC (following all advices - with recovery button pressed) the computer doesn't see the connected TV box. Simply nothing happened. How to resolve this problem ?

I would say its not being picked up by your home pc due to drivers try this tool http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...download-here/

Use the tool to first uninstall the drivers then use the same tool to reinstall them.

Always use a USB2 port & always use a port on the rear of you pc

Good luck.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Okay I need some serious help here I allegedly have purchased a CS918, however, I have the board down below in my Android Tv Box! So, with that being said, I need to know where the NAND Flash Rom or memory chip/chips are located on the board so that I can short out either the 8&9 pins or the 6&7 pins. I have no clue. They may be on the bottom of the board but I am not sure, and it seems no else is either. My next ? is this suppose to be an update of or from the RK3188 platform? It is kind of funny that i cannot find a RK918 anywhere on the manufacturer's website! If I am fortunate enough to un-brick this device, it sure would be nice! That being said, once I get the unit un-bricked, I need to get custom rom software that will allow me to enter recovery mode next time the 4 Penguins show up! Unfortunately, all the "hard reset" instructions for Android Tv Boxes based off of RK3188, have different NAND Flash Rom chips installed on their boards or this an entirely different board for another processor! I am unsure which, but something is not right! And know once we figure this whole situation out, it will help out a whole lot people! So, if someone could upload a diagram showing me exactly what chip and pins to short for the hard reset, I would greatly appreciate it! Basically, when I received the unit, it booted straight to the 4 Penguins (Linux), I flashed it. However, when I tried to update the ROM, I got an error! Which led to my laptop running Windows 10 being unable to recognize the device. Oh yeah, if someone knows where to find some updated and/or stock usb and adb drivers for this unit, the whole WORLD would appreciate it! Thank you for your time and consideration.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X