K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.0 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. thats nice package
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      wow. thats nice package
      Nice if it help someone

jeje any brabe that test my kernel?
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by tico View Post
        Well. the specs are the same except for Bluetooth v4.0.Thanks
        Maybe it has the same wifi/bt chipset as in t428 (Broadcom AP6210)
        If you install this ROM on a T-R42, the wifi/bt will not work without some file modification.
        But im sure the ROM developers will turn this ROM into T-R42 compatible in no time.
        Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          I give you my first try with kernel for this device. Remember is a test kernel, so be sure that you have a custom rom with boot.im without kernel, be sure that you know how flash it.
          If yoou flash it I suppose you know whay are you doing,I have not this device so I cant test it, flash it under your own responsibility.
          Leolas, brave or stupid, I don't know... but I can give it a try... though I am GUESSING I need to flash this using the same RKBatchTool I used to flash v1.1 of lewy20041's rom?

Also, is flashing the kernel a wipe or non wipe procedure?

Last question, does anyone know if the stock kernel is available as an img file so I can flash it back if there are problems?

thanks
          Mark.
          Out: USB audio, HDMI
          In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

do not flash it (you need to use finnles tool to flash just the kernel). i checked and device wont power up.
            even if it work there is a drm like thing in firmware so it will reboot constantly.
            i fixed reboot thing and flashed leolas qx1 oc 1080p kernel.
            on 1080p it gets 17000 in antutu, its more then stock 720p wich gets only 15000.
            but ui isnt as fluid as in 720p.
            leo i dont think you need to compile the new kernels i can use your qx1 one but it will be great if you compile modules for the ethernet and other chips to get them working as of now only wifi work.
            ApkFreak

Comment

do not flash it (you need to use finnles tool to flash just the kernel). i checked and device wont power up.
              even if it work there is a drm like thing in firmware so it will reboot constantly.
              i fixed reboot thing and flashed leolas qx1 oc 1080p kernel.
              on 1080p it gets 17000 in antutu, its more then stock 720p wich gets only 15000.
              but ui isnt as fluid as in 720p.
              leo i dont think you need to compile the new kernels i can use your qx1 one but it will be great if you compile modules for the ethernet and other chips to get them working as of now only wifi work.
              you guys are amazing.
              thanks, and keep it up!
              Out: USB audio, HDMI
              In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Re: K-R42 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 1.1.0 by lewy20041

Lewy, I dont suggest you use qx1 kernel, the pmu is configured to give 3.3 V instead 1.8V of stock kernel. After some time it will damage your wifi chip, and Ethernet is inserted in stock kernel not like a module. So please don't use qx1 kernel. I am from my mobile so I can't use moderation.
                IS NOT A GOOD IDEA USE QX1 IN KR42.
                The fail in my kernel before is in video subsystem, this afternoon when I arrive home I will make a new kernel for you test.
                Lewy, if you have some time this afternoon about 15:00 gtm can be good idea if we meet at same time.

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)
                Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

i wont make it im afraid.
                  family reunion:"
                  my wife would have kill me;p
                  thx for info i didnt know about pmu.
                  i maby will have some time today but it will be about 10pm
                  ApkFreak

Comment

i wont make it im afraid.
                    family reunion:"
                    my wife would have kill me;p
                    thx for info i didnt know about pmu.
                    i maby will have some time today but it will be about 10pm
                    Ok, dont worry lewy, Is hard to make a kernel without a phisical unit to test it. This afternoon I will upload a new kernel version.

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

ethernet kernel module should work to if insmoded at boot.
                      ApkFreak

Comment

ethernet kernel module should work to if insmoded at boot.
                        I Looked at dmesg that a kindly user sent me, and the ethernet used is rk29_vmac. I will try to make a usable kernel without av output. And my same kernel config with the voltages corrected, that is the one that you tested and works, I dont know if rk1000 sound output will work, and spdif too.but at least we will got a usable kernel.
                        Fonts and internet browser are a way better in 1080p kernels than 720p and I didn't notice skipping frame problem in video.

leolas
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Testing kernels, those kernels are in development state, I HAVE NOT THE DEVICE AND I CANT TEST THEM, THEY ARE ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSE.
                          In this zip there are 3 kernels, if someone want to test them. ONLY FOR ADVANCES USERS WHO KNOW HOW SOFT UNBRICK THE DEVICE. THE KERNELS CAN NO BOOT.
                          Thanks.
                          In kernel3 is the same config that my qx1 but with the voltages corrected and safe for use in this device. But only ethernet will work, not spdif, not av out.

Waiting your feedback
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
                            Leolas, brave or stupid, I don't know... but I can give it a try... though I am GUESSING I need to flash this using the same RKBatchTool I used to flash v1.1 of lewy20041's rom?

Also, is flashing the kernel a wipe or non wipe procedure?

Last question, does anyone know if the stock kernel is available as an img file so I can flash it back if there are problems?

thanks
                            Mark.
                            Ok, guys, K-R42 got the new stock firmware, in our effort, factory finally release the new firmware, which fix the netflix problem, now Netflix can work on K-R42 tv box. Here is the firmware download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9qan8v7v21il21/RK3188_BOX_Kingnoval_K-R42-1_NEUTRAL_8188EU_20130702_B.rar password: geekbuying.com   Here is the instruction for how to install the stock firmware: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/07/03/how-to-update-firmware-on-k-r42-quad-core-tv-box/#.UdPNkm37pns   Here is […]

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              Testing kernels, those kernels are in development state, I HAVE NOT THE DEVICE AND I CANT TEST THEM, THEY ARE ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSE.
                              In this zip there are 3 kernels, if someone want to test them. ONLY FOR ADVANCES USERS WHO KNOW HOW SOFT UNBRICK THE DEVICE. THE KERNELS CAN NO BOOT.
                              Thanks.
                              In kernel3 is the same config that my qx1 but with the voltages corrected and safe for use in this device. But only ethernet will work, not spdif, not av out.

Waiting your feedback
                              i tested the kernels and only the first boots but there was artefacts like things on screen and it was not scaled properly.
                              the other two just show penguins and restart to penguins again dont boot even to boot animation.
                              cant you test the kernels on qx1 they shoud work if qx1 kernels are working in k-r42.
                              its nice that you helping me with this so much
                              ApkFreak

Comment

i tested the kernels and only the first boots but there was artefacts like things on screen and it was not scaled properly.
                                the other two just show penguins and restart to penguins again dont boot even to boot animation.
                                cant you test the kernels on qx1 they shoud work if qx1 kernels are working in k-r42.
                                its nice that you helping me with this so much
                                The hdmi system is completely different in the qx1, it uses only lcdc1. I think the problem can be the ram i overclocked it a little without increase voltage, my imito qx1 works very well with this settings, but maybe a little increase in voltage can make it work, tomorrow i will give you new kernels to test. I will sent them in pm. My cpu1800 ram1440 works without problem in your stick?

leolas
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X