Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HX_3188 Android 4.4.4 - Developer Options ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HX_3188 Android 4.4.4 - Developer Options ?

Trying to do something with this box. It is Android 4.4.4 and says it is model HX_3188. From the outside it looks like other CS918/888 etc. Tried to load new firmware, however it does NOT seem to have a recovery button on the bottom, even though it says recovery? Computers will not recognize it when connected with the OTG to USB cable? Tried to ROOT with PC & will not connect. I have reset to the original firmware from the settings menu. After it rebooted, I went to the settings - About Device - clicked on Build Version 7 times and got the message "Now you are a developer". Except I can NOT see the Developer Options tab in the settings, even after I rebooted the device. I want to turn on USB debugging in order to ROOT the device. I tried to ROOT the device several times before I reset it to no avail. Why will the "Developer Options" tab/menu NOT show up in settings? Is there another trick I need to do in order for it to show? HELP?

Thanks, WillDekkard
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by WillDekkard View Post
    Trying to do something with this box. It is Android 4.4.4 and says it is model HX_3188. From the outside it looks like other CS918/888 etc. Tried to load new firmware, however it does NOT seem to have a recovery button on the bottom, even though it says recovery? Computers will not recognize it when connected with the OTG to USB cable? Tried to ROOT with PC & will not connect. I have reset to the original firmware from the settings menu. After it rebooted, I went to the settings - About Device - clicked on Build Version 7 times and got the message "Now you are a developer". Except I can NOT see the Developer Options tab in the settings, even after I rebooted the device. I want to turn on USB debugging in order to ROOT the device. I tried to ROOT the device several times before I reset it to no avail. Why will the "Developer Options" tab/menu NOT show up in settings? Is there another trick I need to do in order for it to show? HELP?

Thanks, WillDekkard
    Hi ,

root for RK3188 goes fast , look for EZroot for RK3188 , somewhere to find here ,

search can help , can you not see a "reset" Button behind the AV Jack or on the

PCB self ??? , maybe a "DeveloperOptions" App from Store can help to solve this .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Update: Installed "Developer Options" apk and made sure USB debugging was ON. Tried to Root with Kingroot to no avail. Then tried to root from PC with 3 different programs (iRoot, Kingroot, and another one) and all none would recognize that the box was connected to the PC - would NOT connect. It has a plastic tab on the bottom of the unit for recovery, however under the tab there is NO button to get it into recovery mode. Does not seem to connect to the PC via the OTG port to USB cable. Tried to connect to PC with USB to USB cable as well, not that I thought that would work, but I am trying any and everything at this point. Found EZroot on this site and correct me if I am wrong, EZroot is installed from a PC which will not connect as describe above.

Makes no sense why it will NOT root. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

WillDekkard

Comment

Hi ,

you only can connect correct with PC , if on your Box the option "connect to Pc" is marked ,

and i am sure "root" works for your Box , the Button you mean is the "Reset" button , what

about some nearby Pictures (with Light/Daylight) to see your PCB better . What about the

App "Kingoroot" try this one , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Tried Kingroot and it will NOT root. Fails every time. I think the RESET button is in the A/V port on this one? However - tried to load firmware and the PC will not recognize the box to load the firmware when pressing that reset button? . . . ? I'll try another PC to see if that will work. This one is frustrating!

Comment

OK, had a partial break-through, was able to load a similar firmware titled "HX_3229". Tried to root with Kingroot app and failed at 72%. Was able now to see box from PC and tried Kingroot PC method and it worked. Loaded apps, however most installed to the internal memory. Was able to move only a very few to SD "Nand Flash". Tried Titanium Backup to move apps and they will not move. Got a message to use SuperSu instead of Kinguser. Tried 3 different methods to replace Kingroot with SuperSU to no avail. Using the Terminal Emulator and zip file seemed to work, however it would not replace Kingroot and failed to install SuperSu. Tried 2 other apps to move apps to Nand Flash and they did not work as well.

Looking for instructions on how to have apps install directly to the NAND Flash Memory rather than the Internal Memory? Internal Memory is 2GB and NAND Flash Memory is 16GB. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comment

OK, had a partial break-through, was able to load a similar firmware titled "HX_3229". Tried to root with Kingroot app and failed at 72%. Was able now to see box from PC and tried Kingroot PC method and it worked. Loaded apps, however most installed to the internal memory. Was able to move only a very few to SD "Nand Flash". Tried Titanium Backup to move apps and they will not move. Got a message to use SuperSu instead of Kinguser. Tried 3 different methods to replace Kingroot with SuperSU to no avail. Using the Terminal Emulator and zip file seemed to work, however it would not replace Kingroot and failed to install SuperSu. Tried 2 other apps to move apps to Nand Flash and they did not work as well.

Looking for instructions on how to have apps install directly to the NAND Flash Memory rather than the Internal Memory? Internal Memory is 2GB and NAND Flash Memory is 16GB. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

you can try to use the KitKat SDFix App or similar , from Store they change the needed Files

and it shall work , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Used Super-sume Pro v9.6.0 and it worked! Replaced Kingroot with SuperSU. Thanks gefattern for the suggestion to try KitKat SDFix, however it did not give the desired result. After running it I tried to install apps and tried to move apps to no avail. Seems that some apps will only install into the Internal Memory and they will not move, even when using an app - Titanium Backup. Correction: Internal Storage is 1.93GB total & NAND Flash is 11.14GB total. I need to install to the NAND Flash or be able to move the apps there or that Internal memory will fill up fast.

Any other ideas to get apps to install to the NAND Flash or be able to move them there after they are installed? Your help is very appreciated!

Comment

Used Super-sume Pro v9.6.0 and it worked! Replaced Kingroot with SuperSU. Thanks gefattern for the suggestion to try KitKat SDFix, however it did not give the desired result. After running it I tried to install apps and tried to move apps to no avail. Seems that some apps will only install into the Internal Memory and they will not move, even when using an app - Titanium Backup. Correction: Internal Storage is 1.93GB total & NAND Flash is 11.14GB total. I need to install to the NAND Flash or be able to move the apps there or that Internal memory will fill up fast.

Any other ideas to get apps to install to the NAND Flash or be able to move them there after they are installed? Your help is very appreciated!
                  Hi ,

you can try to use XposedInstaller , then you can try to load some Modules for that and test ,

works great on my Cube T7 , does the HX3229 work well sounds like a Rom for a RK3229 Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

you can try to use XposedInstaller , then you can try to load some Modules for that and test ,

works great on my Cube T7 , does the HX3229 work well sounds like a Rom for a RK3229 Box ,

good luck / gefattern
                    As you can see by the title of my thread, it started as a HX_3188. This HX_3229 firmware is almost identical, as I still had to install the developer options apk. However, the firmware was automatically in developer mode. I'll give XposedInstaller a go, as you suggest, and get back to this thread with an update.
                    Last edited by WillDekkard; 03-12-2019, 23:08.

Comment

Where can i get the new rom, any instructions to follow... i just got same android stick to use in my car.
                      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by javcarbe View Post
                        Where can i get the new rom, any instructions to follow... i just got same android stick to use in my car.
                        thanks
                        You can download firmware for this device h122v1.01 160528 here:

Hoy os dejamos listo para descargar un firmware fechado el 30-11-2016 valido para el TV-Box CS918 un equipo que incluye el SoC Quad Core de bajo precio RK3229 de Rockchip. Se trata de un equipo con diferentes versiones de hardware y este firmware es solo valido para la versión que incluye 2GB de memoria RAM. El

Comment

Working...
                        X