X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Why "also have a"?
    This thread is about pcb TN-BX09_V2.x ...

T-R42 / CS918BT => PCB: B351_V1.0 => WLAN: AP6210 + LAN: asix ax88772
    K-R42 / CS918 => PCB:CH001 TN-BX09_V2.x = > WLAN: RTL8188 + LAN: RTL8201F

I think these threads would be better for you:
    T-R42/ MK888B/ CS918 with bluetooth
    T-R42 custom firmware by wasser

Thanks the tip. I was able to fix it. I used the original tr42 firmware and all works well. Seems the b351 and the tr42 are the same. Too bad I can't get customs roms to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
      I'm 100% sure that it has the same hardware that in KingNovel K-R42.
      I also disasembled my box and found out that it is newer revision than tested and presented on geekbuying.com pages.
      CH001 1329 TN-BX09_v2.1 2013/05/31 with "IMG M1206IG 1330" and glued aluminium heatsink on CPU.

Therefor Lewy20041 HFW with wasser's kernel will work in this device.

Hi Gormar. I think you have the same device as me. What firmware are you running? Have you had any problems with hdmi corruption? I struggle to load any of the K-R42 firmwares as HDMI is corrupted and the device doesn't boot. Sometimes there is corruption even if it does boot. Stock (chinese) firmware seems OK.

Comment

I hadn't got any problems with HDMI (or rather DVI in my case) in any firmware I tested: HFW 1.2.0,2.0.x and now Wasser's 0.90 KitKat.
        I suppose that you have faulty device or HDMI cable. And I heard you that on stock ROM all seems good but alternative kernels often use different HDMI timmings.
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

I hadn't got any problems with HDMI (or rather DVI in my case) in any firmware I tested: HFW 1.2.0,2.0.x and now Wasser's 0.90 KitKat.
          I suppose that you have faulty device or HDMI cable. And I heard you that on stock ROM all seems good but alternative kernels often use different HDMI timmings.
          Faulty cable was causing the screen interference issues, so that was easy to fix, but the freezing up on start up is unrelated...

Comment

Yes, freezeing or restart is HWF 2.0.x (kernel/software combination) problem. Only "sollution" is to wait a little longer (1-2 min) after boot up and do not start useing this device right after luncher is shown. Restarts are probably connected to "high" NAND read/write utilisation.

I haven't got such an issues with Wasser's 0.9 firmware but there are some other problems like overheating from constantly utilizing 100% of one core by rk_ftl_gc process and lagging mouse.
            Last edited by Gormar; 12-16-2013, 15:21.
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Heh - on mine I've not seen that. If it boots, then all seems to be fine, stable etc. Played 1080P video a couple of hours last night, no probs. It's actually at boot where it has problems - sometimes it seems to crash at the initial boot - usually a load of random corruption all over the screen, sometimes a flickering vertical line on the right hand side, sometimes the whole screen is a speckled colour - it varies.
              On my latest combo of finless 1.8 (minix x7) and the ibazzi UT1 kernel, it boots very fast, and works very well. It just crashes on startup sometimes!
              I might have a go at patching the chinese kernel that is reliable and see whether I can get good performance with that.

Comment

Good advice

Originally posted by mdurkin View Post
                On my latest combo of finless 1.8 (minix x7) and the ibazzi UT1 kernel, it boots very fast, and works very well. It just crashes on startup sometimes!.
                Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this combination and it a good mix, if I haddent moved to hacking Linux frimware for this box I woudl be using this combination. picuntu is very good, but I am currently adding more modules to the kernel, (to support my hardware)

Back to the rom you suggest: I dont like about it:

* The SPDIF does drop out on occasion. I didnt have one crash.
                * I dont know Finless bob.

What I do like:

* SPDIF works
                * Wireless works
                * NIC works.
                * Its a nice system with a good launcher.

All in all a good recomendation, thankyou.

Owen

Comment

Wasser 1.4.2 Rom works fine

Hi,
                  I have installed wasser's rom on the TN-BX09_V2.1 device and I can assure you it actually works without any issues.
                  Just avoid using the Rbatchtool. Use the default tool that was provided instead.

Originally posted by oms101 View Post
                  Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this combination and it a good mix, if I haddent moved to hacking Linux frimware for this box I woudl be using this combination. picuntu is very good, but I am currently adding more modules to the kernel, (to support my hardware)

Back to the rom you suggest: I dont like about it:

* The SPDIF does drop out on occasion. I didnt have one crash.
                  * I dont know Finless bob.

What I do like:

* SPDIF works
                  * Wireless works
                  * NIC works.
                  * Its a nice system with a good launcher.

All in all a good recomendation, thankyou.

Owen

Comment

Update

I have installed the Kitkat ROM version of wasser 0.92 and it also works like a charm.

Originally posted by Hansi View Post
                    Hi,
                    I have installed wasser's rom on the TN-BX09_V2.1 device and I can assure you it actually works without any issues.
                    Just avoid using the Rbatchtool. Use the default tool that was provided instead.

Comment

I have installed the Kitkat ROM version of wasser 0.92 and it also works like a charm.
                      Hello,

I have the same device of you (CH001 1329 TN-BX09_v2.1 2013/05/31)
                      I want to install Kitkat ROM 0.92 too but I don't know which revision (old or new) is my device.

I have not found the thread which explain how to determine revision.

Could you help me ?

Thx
                      Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,
                        Actually, after some testing I found the KITKAT ROM version to be quite sensitive to other remote controls. For example, if you have a sat receiver and let's say you change to another TV channel, the Android device (while on standby or switched off) gets affected by the the other remote's signal e.g. it switches on. Also, the Wifi connection seem to be quite volatile when using this ROM.

I would recommend that you use instead http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...=version+1.2.4

After downloading the 1.2.4 ROM file, when flashing the ROM use kernel-720p-k-r42-new as your kernel. I have used it for a week and it seems to be stable.

Best wishes,

Originally posted by rik91 View Post
                        Hello,

I have the same device of you (CH001 1329 TN-BX09_v2.1 2013/05/31)
                        I want to install Kitkat ROM 0.92 too but I don't know which revision (old or new) is my device.

I have not found the thread which explain how to determine revision.

Could you help me ?

Thx
                        Eric

Comment

1329 is almost certainly old revision.

@rik91.
                          1329. These four numbers identify year and week of manufacturing. Everything before 1330 should be old revision, PCB made between 1332 and 1335 has mixed reports of new and old revisions. After 1335 there are rather all new revision PCB.
                          Generaly speeking there is minor difference between old and new revision concentrating around LAN (Ethernet) controller part of PCB and it is quite safe to install kernel either for old or new revision on new or old version board. Besides LAN everything should work.

Comment

Hi Eric,
                            Actually, after some testing I found the KITKAT ROM version to be quite sensitive to other remote controls. For example, if you have a sat receiver and let's say you change to another TV channel, the Android device (while on standby or switched off) gets affected by the the other remote's signal e.g. it switches on. Also, the Wifi connection seem to be quite volatile when using this ROM.

I would recommend that you use instead http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...=version+1.2.4

After downloading the 1.2.4 ROM file, when flashing the ROM use kernel-720p-k-r42-new as your kernel. I have used it for a week and it seems to be stable.

Best wishes,
                            Ok thx for your advice

I'm actually on this ROM (HFW 3.2) : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0-by-lewy20041
                            But I have the same problem of this person : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...andby&p=150709

I hope the 1.2.4 ROM resolve my problem.

Else, for information, my device is new or old revision ?

Thx
                            Eric

Edit : OK Gormar, i had not seen your reply.
                            Thx for your great explaination.
                            I have old revision so. (It's good to know)
                            Last edited by rik91; 02-27-2014, 10:28.

Comment

Hi Eric,
                              After downloading the 1.2.4 ROM file, when flashing the ROM use kernel-720p-k-r42-new as your kernel.
                              @rik91.
                              1329. These four numbers identify year and week of manufacturing. Everything before 1330 should be old revision, PCB made between 1332 and 1335 has mixed reports of new and old revisions. After 1335 there are rather all new revision PCB.
                              Generaly speeking there is minor difference between old and new revision concentrating around LAN (Ethernet) controller part of PCB and it is quite safe to install kernel either for old or new revision on new or old version board. Besides LAN everything should work.
                              Hansy, are you sure, I have to use kernel-720p-k-r42-new, because from the explanation of Gormar, I have old revision ?

Thx
                              Eric

Comment

So, I have flashed my device with this firmware : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...=version+1.2.4
                                and I select the kernel : kernel-1080p-k-r42-old

It works like a charm and I have not wifi problems anymore.

Thx for your advices
                                Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X