K-R42 Freezing/crashing with HFW/JustXMBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-R42 Freezing/crashing with HFW/JustXMBC

Im having a problem with my K-R42 where anything other than the stock firmware, or HFW newer than 1.2.0 causes the box to freeze or crash. All newer versions of HFW or JustXMBC I have tried will boot, but then will freeze, and the display corrupt as you try to use it, but JustXBMC 1.1.0 would cause the K-R42 not to boot at all and restart before the android launcher is displayed.

I have made a video of JustXBMC 1.1.1 freezing in XBMC, but this will happen at any point using the system, whether it is in the browser or, just in the settings

I spotted about post here which has issues above HFW 1.20 as well http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post107481

Any ideas what is wrong here? or how I could help troubleshoot to help solve the problem?

its a strange issue you have there:"
    do your box getting hot?
    there will be new update soon hope it will fix your problem.
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      its a strange issue you have there:"
      do your box getting hot?
      there will be new update soon hope it will fix your problem.
      Can you show system bar in new update of justxbmc?

Comment

[QUOTE=lewy20041;its a strange issue you have there:"
        do your box getting hot?
        there will be new update soon hope it will fix your problem.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not hot, it had been sat unplugged for a week at least where it wasn't really working due to this problem, and it doesn't happen with stock firmware or hfw 1.2.0

My guess is there is something about the kernel that causes it, but I'll be looking forward to your update.

Comment

Originally posted by yigitcan View Post
          Can you show system bar in new update of justxbmc?
          yes
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
            yes
            Thanks..

Comment

Hello 2brains

do you know for sure that you own a K-R42 or the version with integrated Bluetooth (T-R42) ? I've read reports in another forum that a customer got the Bluetooth version even though he ordered the other one. So search the Android System Settings for the Bluetooth entry or find the sticker below the device.
              I had the exact same problem when I flashed apkfreaks justXBMC firmware to my T-R42.

Best regards,
              steckel

Comment

Originally posted by steckel View Post
                Hello 2brains

do you know for sure that you own a K-R42 or the version with integrated Bluetooth (T-R42) ? I've read reports in another forum that a customer got the Bluetooth version even though he ordered the other one. So search the Android System Settings for the Bluetooth entry or find the sticker below the device.
                I had the exact same problem when I flashed apkfreaks justXBMC firmware to my T-R42.

Best regards,
                steckel
                Hi

I have just tried loading the stock T-R42 firmware, the device started up fine, but Wifi, ethernet and Bluetooth all failed to enable. I then put the stock K-R42 firmware on and Wifi and ethernet worked OK, so it looks like I do have a K-R42

I have just tried wasser's firmware, but same issue still.... fine for a couple of minutes but then the screen freezes and the box powers off, somewhat frustrating just hoping the problem can be found/solved.

Comment

well just to update this thread for anyone else that see it, i've updated to wasser 1.2.2 old version and so far so good, box appears to be working and stable

Comment

Originally posted by 2brains View Post
                    Hi

I have just tried loading the stock T-R42 firmware, the device started up fine, but Wifi, ethernet and Bluetooth all failed to enable. I then put the stock K-R42 firmware on and Wifi and ethernet worked OK, so it looks like I do have a K-R42

I have just tried wasser's firmware, but same issue still.... fine for a couple of minutes but then the screen freezes and the box powers off, somewhat frustrating just hoping the problem can be found/solved.
                    I only had issues with a K-R42 with the lewy20041 fw for justxbmc v1.1.1 with the ouya switch, as ouya custom launcher is down as far as i can tell it's that poor a service from the launcher maker (creator) he won't tell you it has a fault in threads that i can find on any online page? I do not think it's his fault and i do not think he will fix it either hence the dormancy of any responses to the matter,that does not look good from an end user point of view though to be fair, it just makes the creator look like he doesn't give a f@ck and left us all in the sh@t basically.But any way with v.1.1.1 i get a http error 1 message because the custom ouya launcher is down on the server side of the app, and also expect firmware loading issues too as it takes multiple attempts to get to the advanced menu to switch the firmware to ouya to my guess is the server issue has potentialy caused or made this worse,it is now in my personal opinion just pointless as an ouya firmware and should be removed from the pages it's advertised on by lewy20041, or otherwise explained about how and why it is not working in 'detail' not in a reply post or narky response, sorry but it's true.Basicaly other than that i my self couldn't be @rsed with anything other than the K-R42_HFW_1.2.0_Final_1080p firmware because it's the only thing working for me glitch free that is not a justxbmc firmware.I love lewy20041's work and i do support him i sugest you do to by donating as well, i love what he does but lewy you should remove that justxbmc/ouya v 1.1.1 fw or advertise to people on that page that half of it (the firmware) doesn't work or your just going to get loads of unanswered questions about it if they download it without looking through the posts 1st and realize it's down,to be fair other than the hfw fw i can't see much of a point other than loading your own xbmc any way,ouya is a more interesting and more high profile subject than xbmc as xbmc apk can be gotten for all firmwares retail or modded firmwares to, so it's kind of like this in my eyes:what's the point in playing with it any more than an xbmc.apk file any way? The most impressive and clearly the most desireable subject is to get that ouya server back online on the K-R42 and other units even if it means tutoring the masses to edit android operating system files in order to get it to point to another server instead of the old one that no longer connects.I had to repeat the topic of ouya because it's the only thing that ever devided a K-R42 from any other quad core android tv box firmware wise any way.Another thing to make clear is that on my K-R42 no matter what fw i use if i apply navi-x to xbmc for use with xbmc on any fw version i use with the K-R42 then navi-x has a black bar at the top of the playback screen as if a space is made for a missing menu and this is affecting the playback to be fair it looks a bit sh@t because of it in a way,oh yes it plays great 1080p the lot but that bloody line on the top is so annoying it makes the whole picture look obscured (squished)during every files playback and is 1 of the cons if talking about pros and cons,apparently this is a navi-x issue for many android devices and realy needs a fix big time.This is by far the worst problem for video playback using xbmc on android nobody gives any insight or fix i am aware of but they have mentioned knowing the issue exists here and there online.
                    Last edited by PHYSC; 11-21-2013, 12:01.
                    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

ISSUE

Originally posted by 2brains View Post
                      Im having a problem with my K-R42 where anything other than the stock firmware, or HFW newer than 1.2.0 causes the box to freeze or crash. All newer versions of HFW or JustXMBC I have tried will boot, but then will freeze, and the display corrupt as you try to use it, but JustXBMC 1.1.0 would cause the K-R42 not to boot at all and restart before the android launcher is displayed.

I have made a video of JustXBMC 1.1.1 freezing in XBMC, but this will happen at any point using the system, whether it is in the browser or, just in the settings

I spotted about post here which has issues above HFW 1.20 as well http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post107481

Any ideas what is wrong here? or how I could help troubleshoot to help solve the problem?

That is a firmware issue else the garbled colors would almost certainly be present at the startup and prior to reaching the justxbmc gui,it is extremely similar to the v 1.1.1 justxbmc/ouya firmware with the issue with the ouya server being down as that does the same thing but looks mildly different in colors, but after several attempts you can switch to the ouya firmware with that v1.1.1 fw thus bypassing the xbmc firmware with issues all together then, but as your fw is not switchable it stays glitchy as can be seen also unfortunately rendering it useless for you until a working fw reflash is performed.If it were graphics at fault the chip would unlikely boot fine then F: up it would likely just disconnect from the board once overheated enough and that would give no display at all then,or it would just garble after a few seconds or after a period but would increasingly worsten until it does not give a display signal then it would need a reflow my best guess for reflow would be a finer head attachment like a half to inch size set it to 260c and flow at 40 seconds in lines up/down/left/right without allowing the gun to stay still always keep it moving then back off and let sit for 30mins or more then repaste and reapply a heatsink and it should be good to go.That of course applies to a overheated gpu (soc) check the melt point is 260c 1st though as i am going on a timing and temp i used on a inspiron 1546 laptop gpu.
                      What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Working...
                      X