CWM Recovery Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWM Recovery Question

So, I have an EKB311 (same as K-R42) and stock seems to be working ok, but I want to flash a ROM. For protection, I'd like to backup using CWM recovery. I have used this extensively on a number of phones.

I flashed the K-R42 CWM Recovery from this page: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ery-for-rk3188

It said that it flashed ok.

Problem is, how do you boot into recovery? I've tried using the recovery button on the bottom of the unit. It turns the blue light off, but I don't see anything on my TV, HDMI signal disconnects. This happened before I flashed CWM as well. Booting into stock still works fine.

How can I get to the usual CWM recovery menu? Once I'm in, can I navigate using my Logitec Wifi Keyboard that works in Android?

Thanks.

Search

Do a simple Google on recovery and your device. Or try one of the reboot apps on the play store. That is if stock ROM is rooted.

Comment

It's stock with no root, or I would have used Clockwork Rom Manager to boot as recovery or terminal. I posted here as I spent hours on google and couldn't find anything.

Originally posted by peety View Post
      Do a simple Google on recovery and your device. Or try one of the reboot apps on the play store. That is if stock ROM is rooted.

Comment

Re: CWM Recovery Question

Originally posted by arkaydeus View Post
        It's stock with no root, or I would have used Clockwork Rom Manager to boot as recovery or terminal. I posted here as I spent hours on google and couldn't find anything.
        Dont know in this concrete model, but in all devices I tried, pushing reset button while power on the device without any computer conected to otg port, the device boots in recovery mode.

leolas.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Dont know in this concrete model, but in all devices I tried, pushing reset button while power on the device without any computer conected to otg port, the device boots in recovery mode.

leolas.
          Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post

leolas.
            OK, so I managed to root successfully. I've got Clockwork ROM manager installed. I've tried terminal:

su
            reboot recovery

I've also tried directly from rom manager.

When I do either of those, the blue light on the front turns red, then I get nothing on the TV.

If I hit the recovery button, the same happens, I get nothing on the TV. I've tried HDMI and analogue.

At this point I'm questioning whether the recovery is working fine. The above happened with stock recovery and the one I flashed. Does anyone have an alternative link for CWM recovery that I could try and which definitely works?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by arkaydeus View Post
              OK, so I managed to root successfully. I've got Clockwork ROM manager installed. I've tried terminal:

su
              reboot recovery

I've also tried directly from rom manager.

When I do either of those, the blue light on the front turns red, then I get nothing on the TV.

If I hit the recovery button, the same happens, I get nothing on the TV. I've tried HDMI and analogue.

At this point I'm questioning whether the recovery is working fine. The above happened with stock recovery and the one I flashed. Does anyone have an alternative link for CWM recovery that I could try and which definitely works?

Thanks.
              I made a lot of recoverys for Kr42, Some people reports that in some lewys roms and some stock roms seem that stock or cwm recovery dont work , maybe something wrong with misc.img, maybe the kernel inside the stock recovery is wrong (so the cwm made with the stock like the base fail too ), I dont know because I dont have this device and I cant study it.

leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Re: CWM Recovery Question

If anyone finds this thread, the solution was to install Lewy's T-R42 rom. Turns out that although my unit does not have bluetooth, it does have the newer hardware setup found in the T-R42 and not the K-R42.

Firmware is here:

T-R42 2.0 Board Firmware by lewy20041

Not sure if there is a CWM Recovery only download for the T-R42 yet. If you think you have the K-R42 but nothing else works, try the link above. My unit also has EKB311 written on the underside.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X