Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart CX-919

Hi there,

First of all I must apologise for my lack of knowledge (yeah, I'm one of those).

So! I recently bought a Tronsmart CX-919 off ****. Initial thoughts were positive, it booted fine and ran smoothly.

Until I had the bright idea to update the firmware.

My first update was what I believe is the latest stock firmware found here:
    HI guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for CX-919,it should work with Tronsmart CX-919. firmware download link It has added new patches from rockchip, improve the video play, and other functions. How to flash? click this link: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/05/29/cx-919-quad-core-tv-stick-firmware-update-instruction/#.Ue0Fe237qTQ   If you have problem when install the drivers, check here https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/11/08/have-problem-in-install-the-rockchip-drivers-no-worry-rockchip-release-the-drivers-auto-installation-tool-download-here/   Enjoy! Eric Geekbuying […]

I've since tried various other updates and they've all had the same result. The stick boots fine but my screen flickers on and off every 3-4 seconds. I must emphasise that the stick isn't RE-booting, its just not displaying smoothly.

I've tried every combination of power (plugged into wall socket OR plugged directly into TV) and all three of the HDMI cables on all three of my TVs - LG, Samsung and a Kogan.

I considered a factory reset but haven't found any means of doing so.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Adams View Post
    Hi there,

First of all I must apologise for my lack of knowledge (yeah, I'm one of those).

So! I recently bought a Tronsmart CX-919 off ****. Initial thoughts were positive, it booted fine and ran smoothly.

Until I had the bright idea to update the firmware.

My first update was what I believe is the latest stock firmware found here:
    HI guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for CX-919,it should work with Tronsmart CX-919. firmware download link It has added new patches from rockchip, improve the video play, and other functions. How to flash? click this link: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/05/29/cx-919-quad-core-tv-stick-firmware-update-instruction/#.Ue0Fe237qTQ   If you have problem when install the drivers, check here https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/11/08/have-problem-in-install-the-rockchip-drivers-no-worry-rockchip-release-the-drivers-auto-installation-tool-download-here/   Enjoy! Eric Geekbuying […]

I've since tried various other updates and they've all had the same result. The stick boots fine but my screen flickers on and off every 3-4 seconds. I must emphasise that the stick isn't RE-booting, its just not displaying smoothly.

I've tried every combination of power (plugged into wall socket OR plugged directly into TV) and all three of the HDMI cables on all three of my TVs - LG, Samsung and a Kogan.

I considered a factory reset but haven't found any means of doing so.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

I had actually just purchased the same one and flashed it with a custom ROM for the CX-919 model, as well. I had the same issue as you - the monitor now flickers. I had found an "updated stock rom" for that model, tho it still flickers, just not as much. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution/fix for this. But hopefully someone could reply with one.

Comment

Originally posted by KolyaIsAwesome View Post
      I had actually just purchased the same one and flashed it with a custom ROM for the CX-919 model, as well. I had the same issue as you - the monitor now flickers. I had found an "updated stock rom" for that model, tho it still flickers, just not as much. Unfortunately, I do not have a solution/fix for this. But hopefully someone could reply with one.
      Try the 4.4.2 KitKat beta rom.

Comment

this is the only rom that completely stopped my hdmi flicker on my cx-919.

Comment

Originally posted by avdw77 View Post
          Try the 4.4.2 KitKat beta rom.

I'm currently testing this one on my CX-919. I will let everyone know if I have flickering still, or any other issues for that matter. If I have issues, I will trying the other "repair" rom mentioned here.

Update: KitKat rom has no issues thus far - ie; no flickering!

Update 2: Seems to have some issues maintaining a connection to WiFi - ie; for some reason cannot connect to Google Play store. :/

Update 3: KitKat rom was having WiFi connectivity issues for me. So, I had installed the "rescue package" and no flickering, nor WiFi issues. This will have to do, for now.
          Last edited by KolyaIsAwesome; 01-13-2014, 02:45. Reason: Update

Comment

This version of KitKat is working fine. No Wifi or flickering issues:

Note: WiFi is working, but for some reason there is a limit - when I download, it seems to take a very long time. :/

I'm sticking with the "rescue" rom, as of now, once again, until I can find a better rom.
            Last edited by KolyaIsAwesome; 01-13-2014, 04:56.

Comment

As I wrote in other posts, also I have the same problem... I have tested several roms, at now the only works without flickering on screen is the Rescue Rom... I'm continuing to test other roms, but I'm trying to understand why the Rescue Rom works and the others no, there should be a difference in the hardware that is compatible only with something of that rom...

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
                As I wrote in other posts, also I have the same problem... I have tested several roms, at now the only works without flickering on screen is the Rescue Rom... I'm continuing to test other roms, but I'm trying to understand why the Rescue Rom works and the others no, there should be a difference in the hardware that is compatible only with something of that rom...
                I think it may have to do something with the Kernels. I'm not 100% sure, but this is my theory.

Comment

I think it may have to do something with the Kernels. I'm not 100% sure, but this is my theory.
                  You are correct! Take the kernel.img from the rescue ROM and flash that with my ROM and I bet you wont have flickering. I bet Tronsmart changed the hardware in some way on later CX-919 and now needs a different kernel with different HDMI timings. Tronsmart has been known to do this hardware change without telling anyone!

If you try that and the kernel solves your issue, I will make patched kernels using that for you all.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    You are correct! Take the kernel.img from the rescue ROM and flash that with my ROM and I bet you wont have flickering. I bet Tronsmart changed the hardware in some way on later CX-919 and now needs a different kernel with different HDMI timings. Tronsmart has been known to do this hardware change without telling anyone!

If you try that and the kernel solves your issue, I will make patched kernels using that for you all.

Bob
                    How would I go about "removing" the kernel from the rescue rom?

Comment

How would I go about "removing" the kernel from the rescue rom?
                      I have not downloaded that ROM. He lists 2 links to 2 different ROMs. Which is the one that does not flicker?

Then is his ROM a single .img file and uses RK batch tool? Or is it like mine and uses RK Android tool?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I have not downloaded that ROM. He lists 2 links to 2 different ROMs. Which is the one that does not flicker?

Then is his ROM a single .img file and uses RK batch tool? Or is it like mine and uses RK Android tool?

Bob

"Download Pre-Rooted Rom" is the one that I'm using. I believe they both are fine with flickering issues, otherwise, though that one runs better. It requires the Batch Tool.

Comment

"Download Pre-Rooted Rom" is the one that I'm using. I believe they both are fine with flickering issues, otherwise, though that one runs better. It requires the Batch Tool.
                          Yes, confirm, both are .img files. The second has the difference that the device is recognized as 'nexus 7', in terms of compatibility with the apps. I downloaded and tested both, and both haven't flickering problem in my case.

For curiosity (sorry for my ignorance) Bob, but substituting the original kernel of your finless rom, involves something in terms of performances? So, even if it works, it won't never good as your original rom?

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
                            Yes, confirm, both are .img files. The second has the difference that the device is recognized as 'nexus 7', in terms of compatibility with the apps. I downloaded and tested both, and both haven't flickering problem in my case.

For curiosity (sorry for my ignorance) Bob, but substituting the original kernel of your finless rom, involves something in terms of performances? So, even if it works, it won't never good as your original rom?
                            I cant answer that fully. My ROM used the stock kernel which I patched for OC and 1080P. I can do the same with this one but I cant speak for performance as I have not even tried it.

Please boot this ROM and go into settings>about. Tell me what the kernel info (version and date) is for this kernel.

I will download the ROM when I get time and extract the kernel for you.

Bob

Comment

First of all thank you very much. Second, now I'm at work and I haven't the device with me, this night I'll do and will let you know asap!

Comment

Working...
                              X