Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX 919 with XBMC

Hi guys,

I'm using my CX 919 with fineless rom for almost 6 months now. I always had some issue's with XBMC actualy (crash during playback after 30 - 45 mins).
    Last night my stick just got stuck in the boot screen. So that was the time for me to update to the newest fineless rom
    All good - everything installed and configured, by the way I use the official XBMC and not the XAF as I like the original XBMC more then the XAF edition (tested both).
    but now my XBMC player only last for 15 min and stopts the playback...what's the deal with this boys?
    I tried the xbmc forum but didn't got alot of feedback maybe someone here has the same issue or something???

thx

Hello.

I have also a cx919 and no problem at all with xbmc

What I use on my stick:

UPDATED - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6b

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7553-UPDATED-CX919-4-2-2-Finless-ROM-1-6b

I used the 1080P

I Install for xbmc the following version:
    XBMC, v13 Gotham

You must used the ARM for these sticks.

Regards,
    Michel

Comment

This is a grey area and one that you will find that what works for others with your same stick does not work you at all. XBMC is work at progress at best. To use the word "stable" build is an understatement when it comes to this media player center. The support for Android is luke warm now throw the RK3188 on top of that & you have a soup sandwich.

I can have XBMC run without any hiccups (no freezing or shutdowns) BUT!!! frames are dropped every so often and there's jitter or stutter here and there.

I'm beginning to suspect that some people around here don't know the difference between jitter/stutter or drop frames. My girlfriend can't tell the difference when I'm showing her 720P streams that have slight stutter and I'm also suspecting the most here can't either???? I mean I have tried what most with the CX-919 say works and I quote "silky smooth" "butter smooth" and the playback is as smooth as my 600 grit sandpaper.

I bought my CX-919 from the same place most buy here (geekbuying) and some roms that works for most give me no signal or black screen. Build quality goes from unit to unit most definitely???

Comment

hi guys,

thx for the reply.

Michel do you use the intenal or external player (mxplayer?);
        Any other customization on the rom or xbmc?

Comment

I would have to agree with xlux. XBMC for Android isn't the most stable app yet.
          They now have 2 hardware decoders (libstagefright and mediacodec). Turning off mediacodec might sometimes help playback for me.
          My cx-919 is squeezed between 2 laptop cooler fans I had laying around, so I use an overclocked rom, 1080p 1.8Ghz ram 1400MHZ GPU 800Mhz kernel (here)
          My movies are on a WD MyPassport 2TB external hdd. I installed an XBMC nightly build (from 13/1 I guess).
          720p is no problem, but 1080p is a maybe. Especially with DTS sound it's choppy.
          I almost always end up using MX Player (with the custom codec from XDA for DTS support).
          XBMC on Android doesn't support external players yet (or at least it didn't a month ago, I haven't tried the last builds), so it's browsing with ES File Explorer and starting the movie from there (not as nice as XBMC ).

-- edit --
          Just tested the latest XBMC nightly on my tablet and external player support works.

Grtz,
          B
          Last edited by SilentBob; 01-20-2014, 13:23. Reason: XBMC external player test

Comment

xbmc works pretty well on my cx-919 not overclocked on finless 1.6b. I stream movies w/ hbo go and occ. watch off local device. no issues @ 720p. projector isnt 1080p...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
              xbmc works pretty well on my cx-919
              I would strongly disagree with you but I guess some people get lucky with good working cx-919. I have reduced the stutter to a micro stutter now but that's not good enough for me. I read from different forums that some people are stuck with this problem and it is obviously RK3188 to blame. Sam's kernels do not fix the problem for me so I guess I'm stuck with this POS!!!

Comment

Just jumped to the neomode firmware for the new wifi chipset AP6210 (i have it) and woooow xbmc flawless 720p stream no issue's at all and xbmc running smoothly.
                Issue solved for me clearly :P

Comment

Ya!! Neomode roms are def the best for the CX-919. I'm running the MK802IV version and it is very stable as far as functionality however, I do have micro stutter..

Comment

did you tried 1.9a?

Comment

whatre you guaging microstutter by?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: CX 919 with XBMC

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
                        whatre you guaging microstutter by?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                        My eyes of course, if I can't see it then it doesn't matter but it is noticeable if you know where to look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: CX 919 with XBMC

Originally posted by karakan08 View Post
                          did you tried 1.9a?
                          I did & it gives me the same stutter plus crashes on xbmc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X