Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad move from Tronsmart - another crappy cx-919 with RK3188T

Hi

great forum & brilliant support from developers, I've been reading through various threads which helped me make my mind regarding choosing my first android TV .... I decided to go for Tronsmart cx-919

the only reason I went for the tronsmart version is that it's advertised as RK3188 cpu (1.6GHz) rather than the inferior version sold on geekbuying with 1.4 GHz ... RK3118T .... I believe T is for trash

Many versions on **** & amazon with various combinations of 1 or 2 GB ram & 1.4, 1.6 or even 1.8 GHz cpu.

so I was specifically looking for a Tronsmart branded cx-919 as you know what's inside, or at least you hope it's the same.
    After making the order I checked tronsmart website for charger specs & to my surprise, tronsmart website changed the description of cx-919 to match the one on geekbuying, i.e saying RK3118T & 1.4 GHz .... Where as until 2 days ago it was saying RK3118 & 1.6 GHz

not sure what made them do this, companies usually update their products with better versions & higher specs rather than the other way round. Maybe the pressure on geekbuying with all the heat RK3118T is getting?

If I had known this I would have paid for cheaper copies on **** rather than pay for a tronsmart version.

I'll have to wait for my stick to arrive & I only hope it's the older version cpu as that's what was advertised.

Originally posted by gsm44 View Post
    Hi

great forum & brilliant support from developers, I've been reading through various threads which helped me make my mind regarding choosing my first android TV .... I decided to go for Tronsmart cx-919

the only reason I went for the tronsmart version is that it's advertised as RK3188 cpu (1.6GHz) rather than the inferior version sold on geekbuying with 1.4 GHz ... RK3118T .... I believe T is for trash

Many versions on **** & amazon with various combinations of 1 or 2 GB ram & 1.4, 1.6 or even 1.8 GHz cpu.

so I was specifically looking for a Tronsmart branded cx-919 as you know what's inside, or at least you hope it's the same.
    After making the order I checked tronsmart website for charger specs & to my surprise, tronsmart website changed the description of cx-919 to match the one on geekbuying, i.e saying RK3118T & 1.4 GHz .... Where as until 2 days ago it was saying RK3118 & 1.6 GHz

not sure what made them do this, companies usually update their products with better versions & higher specs rather than the other way round. Maybe the pressure on geekbuying with all the heat RK3118T is getting?

If I had known this I would have paid for cheaper copies on **** rather than pay for a tronsmart version.

I'll have to wait for my stick to arrive & I only hope it's the older version cpu as that's what was advertised.
    How can you identify one from the other? iwthout opening the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by adi.gigo View Post
      AFAIK, you can't ... You'll have to open it to see what's inside.

But at least with a known brand (eg. Tronsmart) you could challenge the seller if what you get is different from what's advertised on tronsmart's product page.

Comment

AW: Bad move from Tronsmart - another crappy cx-919 with RK3188T

I think we have opend a Bottle here as we Reporting about the T Model.
        For Sure some sellers where not happy that we told it. After this they Change It to the real Values.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

As far as I'm aware no 'real' RK3188 is supplied operating at 1.4 GHz (and why would it)

Install CPU-Z or Antutu Benchamark. It will tell you CPU frequency

[edit] One user - Digger - reports being supplied a device with stock 1.6 GHz ROM but his device checks out as a 'T'
          Last edited by d33; 02-17-2014, 22:26.
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

ScreenFlicker

Originally posted by d33 View Post
            As far as I'm aware no 'real' RK3188 is supplied operating at 1.4 GHz (and why would it)

Install CPU-Z or Antutu Benchamark. It will tell you CPU frequency

[edit] One user - Digger - reports being supplied a device with stock 1.6 GHz ROM but his device checks out as a 'T'

The problem is screen flicker. i got a 1.6 ghz rk 3188 model yesterday. but asfter flashing finless screen flicker started coming. only rescue rom stopped the issue. any way to solve this?

Comment

SAME ISSUES TRONSMART CX-919

Having the same issues with my Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188
              FLICKERING ON/OFF thought is was tv BUT I A used 32inch, 50inch, 60inch all with same issues.
              Flashed unit with NEOTV CROM FLASH TOOL RK3188 Loader 1.20bin
              as i have done in the past 5 months with out no problems
              added xbmc and hubwizzard with out any issues
              I have 3 new units that i bought on amazon all 3 flash
              ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS OTHER THAT SENDING BACK

Comment

Originally posted by bdaddyb View Post
                Having the same issues with my Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188
                FLICKERING ON/OFF thought is was tv BUT I A used 32inch, 50inch, 60inch all with same issues.
                Flashed unit with NEOTV CROM FLASH TOOL RK3188 Loader 1.20bin
                as i have done in the past 5 months with out no problems
                added xbmc and hubwizzard with out any issues
                I have 3 new units that i bought on amazon all 3 flash
                ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS OTHER THAT SENDING BACK

Did flashing that ROM stop the issue?? Rescue ROM is fine but problem is its clocked at 1.4 Ghz. A stock firmware from tronsmart stopped the issue and was fine but it has no root. I cant seem to root the CX 919 on stock firmware. If possible please give me instructions

This is the firmware by GeekBuying that stopped the issue :

HI guys: This is new stock firmware for CX-919, we get some customer report, that they have the screen flickering problem, after talk with factory, they send us this new stock firmware, you can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download/sfq86i3jtb5ysy2/CX-919_rk3188t._2.09.rar customer report the old firmware make the cx-919 have no wifi/bluetooth, so we reupload the firmware again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1jnd5h0l81hmzv/cx919-rk3188-4.2-6210-20131209–update.rar […]

Could you tell me which ROM you installed that fixed the issue? And some details about it?
                Thanks

Comment

Still looking for hope for tronsmart CX-919

I also am still looking for solution....
                  i used NEOTV CROM FLASH TOOL USING
                  RK3188 LOADER 1.2BIN
                  FINLESS ROM FLASH V. 1.37
                  Still getting flicker.... rescue Rom not helping

Did flashing that ROM stop the issue?? Rescue ROM is fine but problem is its clocked at 1.4 Ghz. A stock firmware from tronsmart stopped the issue and was fine but it has no root. I cant seem to root the CX 919 on stock firmware. If possible please give me instructions

This is the firmware by GeekBuying that stopped the issue :

HI guys: This is new stock firmware for CX-919, we get some customer report, that they have the screen flickering problem, after talk with factory, they send us this new stock firmware, you can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download/sfq86i3jtb5ysy2/CX-919_rk3188t._2.09.rar customer report the old firmware make the cx-919 have no wifi/bluetooth, so we reupload the firmware again: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1jnd5h0l81hmzv/cx919-rk3188-4.2-6210-20131209–update.rar […]

Could you tell me which ROM you installed that fixed the issue? And some details about it?
                  Thanks

Comment

I ordered two of those
                    One was a Tronsmart cx-919 & the other one was a standard cx9a9 for my family
                    They were both advertised with same specs

The Tronsmart one came with RK3188T while the standard one came with RK3188!!

Obviously sticking with a brand in this case didn't help
                    I wanted to return the Tronsmart one as purchased through **** but the sller denied all knowledge with RK3188T issue & offered me $30 to keep it ... which is what I did

Comment

The problem is screen flicker. i got a 1.6 ghz rk 3188 model yesterday. but asfter flashing finless screen flicker started coming. only rescue rom stopped the issue. any way to solve this?
                      Had same issue with mine but solved it by flashing stock kernel on top of finless's rom

This makes me think that you actually have RK3188T & not RK3188, did you check yours?

Comment

Working...
                      X