Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188-T won't boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188-T won't boot up

I am a new angry owner of the Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188-T bought from geekbuying.

The device was working fine for 2 days, i left it on over the night, and the next morning it was "dead" .
    The blue light on the side was on, i tried pressing the Fn button, and nothing happened, so i unpluged it from the wall outlet to reset it and nothing happened, the blue light went on, but the display stayed black.

So i began to search for a solution, an tried to flash several ROMs, and the flashing process works without any errors.

ROMs i have tried:

Both of the last official release from geekbuying site - blue light comes on the TV is black

Most of the Neomodes ROMs - on some ROMs i get the boot animation, and then everything freezes with red lines over the TV

The rescue rom - i get the boot animation, and then everything freezes with red lines over the TV

Finless kit kat - blue light comes on the TV is black
    Finless 1.6b - best result till now see description below

Also some of the other ROMs that are not developed for the cx-919 like:

Quickshot_V2 - i get the boot animation, and then everything freezes with red lines over the TV
    NEOTVCROM - i get the boot animation, and then everything freezes with red lines over the TV
    cyxtech_rk3188 - i get the boot animation, and then everything freezes with red lines over the TV

I had the most success with the Finless 1.6b with stock 720p kernel i've managed to get the stick to boot up, and got to the welcome/setup screen, but when i managed to get past the setup, the stick wouldn't boot up again .

The stick is:

CX-919 ver 2.0

2013 05/18

Rockchip 3188-t

AP6210

I have some pictures of my cx919 on my dropbox:

Is there any way to rescue/fix my cx-919?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

I got the same one of Geekbuying I guess.

I flashed Finless 1.6b, it works perfect.

I use it together with a Samsung Smart tv.

I think you need a fresh download of Finless rom, wipe the cx-919 with factory reset.

Read the instruction of the Rom.

Flash the rom.

Power of the TV,

Connect the CX-919 in the correct HDMI port, power the TV on.

Choose HDMI devices.

Last edited by Duvel; 02-25-2014, 12:49.

Comment

I have tried the procedure of flashing as described in the instruction.

And i erase NAND (IDB) every time before flashing the ROM and everything is still the same.

Comment

I finally got it up and running with Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 and KK_Kernes stock kernel KK_AP6210_RK3188T_720_v01.02 .
        I hope it lasts for more than 2 days this time around .

Comment

No luck i am back at the beginning...
          Every ROM i try i have to flash it several times to get it to work, and once it is running, everything is working perfect, but when i turn the device off i run either to a bootloop or it does not boot up at all.

The ROMs that are working are:

Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 and KK_Kernes stock kernel KK_AP6210_RK3188T_720_v01.02

Neomode HYBRID 1.7 ROM

and the stock firmware i found here:

http://www.android-warehouse.com/en/...ware-software/

the image file is namedcx919-rk3188-4.2-09-12

Can you guys (neomode or finless) help me figure it out what could be wrong?
          Last edited by dj-danny; 03-06-2014, 03:18.

Comment

Re: Tronsmart CX-919 RK3188-T won't boot up

My Tronsmart cx-919 is dead 😡!
            I flashed the latest official kitkat from Tronsmart released by geekbuying and it worked for good 2 hours and chrashed.
            Since then the device is dead... the blue led light does not come on and i can't get in to flash mode by shorting the pin's...
            Big thanks to everybody that tried to help me out 👍 .
            AND A BIG THANKS TO TRONSMART AND GEEKBUYING FOR THROWING MY MONEY AWAY😡😡😡!!!

LG G2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Angry too!

I am angry too. I had this unit for 32 days (2 days past which will allow me to return the unit), and it just went into a bootloop and now won't power up at all. I have no idea how to even try to flash a rom to it to get it to work. Any idea of where I could find step by step instructions! I am willing to try anything now, as I am getting no response from Geekbuying at all. Will for sure never order from them again!

Edit - I finally heard back from Geekbuying, and they sent me instructions for fixing this. I am attaching the links here. Worked for me, so hopefully it will work for others. Just a little disappointed that it took a week for them to get back to me.

HI guys: Here is the newest stock firmware for CX-919,it should work with Tronsmart CX-919. firmware download link It has added new patches from rockchip, improve the video play, and other functions. How to flash? click this link: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/05/29/cx-919-quad-core-tv-stick-firmware-update-instruction/#.Ue0Fe237qTQ   If you have problem when install the drivers, check here https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/11/08/have-problem-in-install-the-rockchip-drivers-no-worry-rockchip-release-the-drivers-auto-installation-tool-download-here/   Enjoy! Eric Geekbuying […]

This is the step by step instruction for how to flash firmware on CX-919, Please notice this just work on Windows PC, if you have Linux or mac, you need to find a windows PC. 1 Download the firmware and flash tool , drivers: flash tool download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b9ckxat6t4cw5qc Password: GEEKBUYING.COM Drivers you might need […]

Hi guys: I have met a lot of customers complaint, the computer can’t find their tv sticks or tv box, or they can’t install the usb drivers on their windows PC. Now rockchip just release a new drivers auto-installation tools to solve all of the things: It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8. […]
              Last edited by eramamma; 06-21-2014, 04:55.

Comment

I had this problem too.
                My Tronsmart usb / power cable was defective.
                I replaced it & it works perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X