Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-919 WIFI experience

Hi all!

I have a CX-919, and I use it with Finless ROM 1.6b, for a couple of months now.
    It's working great, but I have recurring problems with the wifi.

Moving data between my computer and the stick trough wifi is a no-go, but it's not a big surprise, it's basically the same between my two computers. (Around 200kB/sec maximum.)

On the other hand, downloading from the internet is much better, the SpeedTestNet app gives me numbers in the 10Mbps territory, which is around third of the real speed of my modem, but I can live with that.

The real problem is the reliability. If I run trassmision-daemon on the stick I need to limit the number of connections, speed, etc. otherwise the wifi is disconnects itself in minutes. In cases like this, turning on and of the wifi helps.

With limited settings it works more or less, but it still disconnects itself time to time.

I have similar problems with every networking app (chrome, youtube)...

Do any of you experience the same problems?
    Do you know any solution?
    Can a USB-wifi stick help? Will it work at all (driver, android integration)?

I have noticed the same thing. It seems to be worse connecting at first. It just completely loses it. It also seems to "hold" after a few disconnects. At least that is my case. I use Wifi Fixer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ififixer&hl=en. It seemed to help some.

Comment

Originally posted by bitterroots View Post
      I have noticed the same thing. It seems to be worse connecting at first. It just completely loses it. It also seems to "hold" after a few disconnects. At least that is my case. I use Wifi Fixer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ififixer&hl=en. It seemed to help some.
      Thanks, I will try it out.

I'm really considering buying a USB-WIFI adapter, but it would be nice to know in advance if it works.

Comment

If anyone interested, I managed to build the driver for Ralink rt5370. (I bought one with a big antenna and it works perfectly.)

You can find also the script to put install it on a running system. After it it will work from the GUI (more or less).

After days it can disconnect (at least on finless 1.6b), usually a couple of "ifconfig wlan0 up", iwconfig, and turning off and on the wifi in the GUI in random order will work...
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X