Mobdro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobdro

Im sure some of you have heard of this app. Its name is mobdro. Very good for watching live stream tv and movies. But there is a problem. While it works fine on my note 2 phone. I can not get it to work on my tv stick. I have a cx919. Its one of the older original ones. Running one of the finless jb rom. All I want to know is if anyone out there got it to work on thier stick
    I did contact them with a report to see if there was any fix. They were nice. But just answered that it is a known issue. That was it. Whats strange is I became aware of this app at another forum for tv sticks. Now I cant remember where? Getting old I guess..lol. But I would still like to know if anyone has had any success with it on thier stick. App is at www.mobdro.com
    Please let me know if you know something I dont...

Works!

It is working on my older CX919 running the Finless Kit-Kat Beta 2.0

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Bock View Post
      It is working on my older CX919 running the Finless Kit-Kat Beta 2.0
      Thanks for reply. When you say working. Do you mean you actually see a video? I can get the app to run. No problem there. But, definition of working for me is to see the channel or movie I selected. All that ever happens is the spinning circle. Then after a few minutes. It goes back to the selection screen. This is on ethernet or wifi. Any chance you could post a screen shot? That would be cool. Maybe you have a lucky older stick. Jeez, im jealous. (Ab junior) multiple pers8nalitys?

Comment

Mobdro

Over half of the channels I've tried so far work. Picture and sound, sometimes some occasional stuttering. The channels that don't usually say something like not streaming now or never quit the loading circle. What version of the app are you running? Apparently the developer got kicked off google play and the latest version is available only from his website. If you to to his google+ site he explains a little more. He's trying to get Paypal arranged for the premium version and incorporate chromecast. I'm getting ready to ditch satellite tv and for one of my tv's the CX919 works with Netflix, Amazon, CBS app and now this.

Comment

Uh huh

Over half of the channels I've tried so far work. Picture and sound, sometimes some occasional stuttering. The channels that don't usually say something like not streaming now or never quit the loading circle. What version of the app are you running? Apparently the developer got kicked off google play and the latest version is available only from his website. If you to to his google+ site he explains a little more. He's trying to get Paypal arranged for the premium version and incorporate chromecast. I'm getting ready to ditch satellite tv and for one of my tv's the CX919 works with Netflix, Amazon, CBS app and now this.
          All other apps work on my cx919 no problem. In fact, mobdro works on phone and tablet. Yet when I e mail dev with info and log and ask why it wont work on cx919. I get the reply and this is a quote " it is a knowen issue". Thats it. Nothing more. Real helpful huh? As for chromecast intergration. Thats been up since december. So, since the developer admits it wont work on a cx919. As I said. Maybe you got a lucky stick. Would you care to trade? Lol. Btw I tried it on kk last night. Same thing. My stick will work with just about everything. No bad chipset here. Cut the cord over a year ago. Always appreciate reviews from users. As long as they are users. You have to be careful. So many are propped up with less than honesty. Multiple user accounts that are created in the same day or week. Anyway, good luck with it and thanks for the info...

Comment

Mobdro

Only other thing about my setup is I'm using the kerenel listed in this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...now-for-CX-919! Also its not flawless, I've had Mobdro get hung up where I have to reboot to get it to work. If I had OTA reception cord-cutting would be a no brainer, but I don't and finding local live feeds is tough, but there are a few. Anyway you're welcome and good luck!

Comment

Im sure you read it.

Only other thing about my setup is I'm using the kerenel listed in this thread: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...now-for-CX-919! Also its not flawless, I've had Mobdro get hung up where I have to reboot to get it to work. If I had OTA reception cord-cutting would be a no brainer, but I don't and finding local live feeds is tough, but there are a few. Anyway you're welcome and good luck!
              Im sure you read it. I posted there. Tried that rom. Its not bad, I already had the kernel. Same results. All good except mobro. My wifi environment here is not great. That is why I try to stick with the adapter. But even in this environment. I do not have any issues streaming. Router is two feet from stick. As for ota. I can pick up all major networks. Thats good enough for me. OTA though is just one part of cord cutting. Thats where apps like mobdro come in. I have high speed cable modem and all my devices are on 5ghz network now using universal adapters including smart tv's.
              Maybe somtime this year. Mobdro will get the casting ability that is promoted or figure out the issue with cx919. That would be nice. If so. Then I should have no problem since I am the only one on a 5ghz network. Il keep my fingers crossed. But there starting to ache. BTW, did you ever get crackle working? It works for me. Just hate the ads.Thanks for the info and enjoy the app. See you on arctablet..
              Last edited by peety; 07-25-2014, 21:05.

Comment

New version Mobdro w/ EXPERMENTAL Chromecast support

Originally posted by peety View Post
                Im sure you read it. I posted there. Tried that rom. Its not bad, I already had the kernel. Same results. All good except mobro. My wifi environment here is not great. That is why I try to stick with the adapter. But even in this environment. I do not have any issues streaming. Router is two feet from stick. As for ota. I can pick up all major networks. Thats good enough for me. OTA though is just one part of cord cutting. Thats where apps like mobdro come in. I have high speed cable modem and all my devices are on 5ghz network now using universal adapters including smart tv's.
                Maybe somtime this year. Mobdro will get the casting ability that is promoted or figure out the issue with cx919. That would be nice. If so. Then I should have no problem since I am the only one on a 5ghz network. Il keep my fingers crossed. But there starting to ache. BTW, did you ever get crackle working? It works for me. Just hate the ads.Thanks for the info and enjoy the app. See you on arctablet..
                **And whoopee, new version of mobdro has experimental chromecast support. I think that may mean beta? Yea! Disclaimer says not all streams will work. So far, I have not found one that will...bummer.*** will keep testing. Wonder if it works for you? Il pm all three and see.

Comment

Updated Versions

Since I started this thread. There have been several updates to mobdro. Including a major one that allows you to do software decoding in settings. This has solved the not working on tv stick issue. To thier credit. They listened and continue to make improvements. This was the whole point of creating this thread. The newest version ends with 12 as far as I can tell. There are several new channels and movies that also work with chromecast now.
                  For those of us that already own it. Its great to see. For those wishing to upgrade. Hopefully, they will get that in place soon. I would not hesitate to upgrade if you get the chance. It is working very well and has potential to be the best cut the cord-cutting app out there. Good work guys and thanks for listening.

Comment

Edit Again. 02-16-15

Originally posted by peety View Post
                    Since I started this thread. There have been several updates to mobdro. Including a major one that allows you to do software decoding in settings. This has solved the not working on tv stick issue. To thier credit. They listened and continue to make improvements. This was the whole point of creating this thread. The newest version ends with 12 as far as I can tell. There are several new channels and movies that also work with chromecast now.
                    For those of us that already own it. Its great to see. For those wishing to upgrade. Hopefully, they will get that in place soon. I would not hesitate to upgrade if you get the chance. It is working very well and has potential to be the best cut the cord-cutting app out there. Good work guys and thanks for listening.
                    Edit* As of date above. Its back to stream is offline. Same streams are working on phone and tablet. It is really hit or miss. No changes on stick. So, I'm befuddled. Have sent off a email. Hopefully it will get figured out. As of right now though. I am only getting about a third of the streams I used too. Have already tried install/uninstall. Will see what they say and come back and update. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I am not able to use Mobdro on my iOS devices, can anyone guide me how to install Mobdro on iPhone?

Comment

guys i need your help please suggest me an app for live channels like mobdro ?

Comment

Good and Awesome I am happy to join this community very informative thank you for sharing get knowledge how to install mobdro on kodi

Comment

Mobdro for TV, Mobdro for Android, Mobdro for Iphone, Mobdro for firestick ,,, these are devices that can be used for this application. maybe your installed version is incompatible and is an old version. Currently I know Mobdro 2.1.38 is the latest version to be updated at MobdroPlus.com
                            Last edited by Boliami; 06-26-2019, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                            X