CX-919 Kanged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CX-919 Kanged?

Hello Everyone, I've just received my CX-919 in the mail .

I've dappled in developing / porting roms in the past for my phones, So this is some what familiar territory.

My question is...Can we Kang a rom to our CX-919? How hard will it be to port over other RK3188 chip based roms over to our CX-919 ?

The Chuwi V88 Tablet is close to our CX-919 . They happen to have a few different roms out for the Chuwi V88. Such as Cyanogen Mod and AOKP .

I am a firm believer that anything you set you mind to is possible. So That being said, Let's Get our Minds Set to CX Kanged Project .

I have scrolled through the forums before posting, There are some talented devs on here. Care to Chime in?
    "Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Torvalds, Linus

+1 to that!

I can't code, but I do some bash and I have compiled a few kernels, but still learning.
    I am very interested in running linux, so maybe I can help with dual booting. Maybe even run both android and linux at the time with the same kernel like in the Atrix!

I'm downloading this fresh Chuwi 88 sdk v2.0 rom to try on my CX-919:

Does it have AP6210 like CX-919?

I'm not very confident, none of the cube tablet roms I've tried has worked.

Comment

Originally posted by ramoncio View Post
      +1 to that!

I'm downloading this fresh Chuwi 88 sdk v2.0 rom to try on my CX-919:

Make sure to take the build.prop from your current cx-919 rom and bring that over.

You will also have to bring over some other files from the cx-919 rom, such as HW modules, kernel , etc .

Once I get some time this weekend, I will try and do a quick port.

There are some tutorials on XDA explaining how to port ASOP roms.

I'm sure we can get something going!

After you flash the Chuwi rom, Run ADB and log the whole boot process for we can see were she fails.
      "Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Torvalds, Linus

Comment

Working...
      X