• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6b

UPDATE! 10/20/2013
    New ROM is 1.6b
    1.6b fixes:
    1) Latest recovery.img from CX. If you have a older stick you may not get a screen while recovery is formatting.
    If you don't (my old stick doesnt) just wait at least 5 minutes. Recovery still works you just get no screen.
    The newer sticks the screen works in recovery and it also solves some NAND issues.
    For you older stick guys if you want recovery to have a screen, just copy recovery.img from my CX-919 1.5 ROM.

2) Fixes touch screen issues with real USB touch screens AND for APPs that need to emulate touches like Joy Center or Tinecore APP.
    I replaced some lib files and added virtual_touchscreen.ko. The lib files were the key to fixing touch!

Link has been updated below

OK folks... I spent a good amount of time on this ROM doing what you all asked!
    This is not a rip of the Neo X7 ROM. It is actually more the MK908 ROM 1.6 I did with parts of other tablet ROMs, TV sticks, etc!

I have not done any work on the CX-919 in a while and sorry to say it was needed
    I really like this ROM myself and have now moved the CX-919 into my living room TV.

Folks if you like this ROM I could use a few donations. Sorry to ask but donations have been few and far between lately.

On with the show.

Features and release notes for my 1.5 Android 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
    BUT you also have parameter file options!
    There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
    Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
    Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
    Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
    Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a CX-919 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
    WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) Kernel choices:
    Special thanks to Freaktab user Sam321 (Simon) for his Frame Skipping fixed kernels!
    I also give you the stock latest kernels but these still have the frame skipping issue!
    They are supplied for people that want to use them anyway.
    Kernels:
    kernel720_stock.img
    kernel1080_stock.img
    kernel720_simon_no_oc.img - 720P No Overclock with frame skip fix - This is the default.
    kernel1080_simon_no_oc.img - 1080P No Overclock with frame skip fix

Special note: PJ Andersons pacther does not seem to fix the frame skipping on the stock kernels.
    I did not test overclock patching with his patchomatic tool so I do not know if that works.
    If you want to try overclocked kernels, go here:

11) I fixed the double Camera icon showing up in the APP drawer.

12) Various wifi patches and updates for performance.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.6b ROM

ROM -> CX919 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.6b ROM (239 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 10-20-2013, 20:09.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Oh God. I have been waiting for this for almost 2 months .

I will provide my comment on the file. THANK YOU BOB.

MikeJoe

Comment

Donation sent

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      OK folks... I spent a good amount of time on this ROM doing what you all asked!
      This is not a rip of the Neo X7 ROM. It is actually more the MK908 ROM 1.6 I did with parts of other tablet ROMs, TV sticks, etc!

I have not done any work on the CX-919 in a while and sorry to say it was needed
      I really like this ROM myself and have now moved the CX-919 into my living room TV.

Folks if you like this ROM I could use a few donations. Sorry to ask but donations have been few and far between lately.

On with the show.

Features and release notes for my 1.5 Android 4.2.2 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) Stock ROM was only 2 Gig of APP space.
      BUT you also have parameter file options!
      There are also 1gb, 2gb, 4gb and 6gb options.
      Read below for how to change that in the flash tool.
      Realize if you use this 6gb option, internal SDcard will only have about 600 megs of free space!

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
      I also updated Google Play and required Google APPs to the latest version.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I re-enabled location services. This is now in the settings menu.
      Tested and working with all APPs that use it.
      Remember to turn off GPS as we have no GPS.

6) I also re-enabled accessibility options in settings.

7) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
      Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the device.
      Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
      Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device nopt a CX-919 or RKSDK! Understand this please.
      I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a 908.
      WARNING if you do this, you need to be using the 1080 kernel or your screen will be oversized!

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).

10) Kernel choices:
      Special thanks to Freaktab user Sam321 (Simon) for his Frame Skipping fixed kernels!
      I also give you the stock latest kernels but these still have the frame skipping issue!
      They are supplied for people that want to use them anyway.
      Kernels:
      kernel720_stock.img
      kernel1080_stock.img
      kernel720_simon_no_oc.img - 720P No Overclock with frame skip fix - This is the default.
      kernel1080_simon_no_oc.img - 1080P No Overclock with frame skip fix

Special note: PJ Andersons pacther does not seem to fix the frame skipping on the stock kernels.
      I did not test overclock patching with his patchomatic tool so I do not know if that works.
      If you want to try overclocked kernels, go here:

11) I fixed the double Camera icon showing up in the APP drawer.

12) Various wifi patches and updates for performance.

For more information ALWAYS read the README in the ROM kit!

Here are the links for Android 4.2.2 Finless 1.6 ROM

ROM -> CX919 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.6 ROM (239 megs)

Enjoy,
      Bob
      Downloaded & up & running no problems at all thanks bob great work (Donation sent)
      Last edited by blinkone; 10-16-2013, 18:12.
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I've tried this setup with the defaults on my picky CX919 device, and no luck. I also tried flashing with the loader from the Neo package that works, same results: no HDMI signal. Anything I can do to help investigate the issue(s) short of mailing Bob the device?

Comment

Re: NEW - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6

Gonna try this one later this evening. Downloading........

Comment

AW: NEW - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6

While i could not flash my mates tronsmart cx-919 with your rom yet, i am still thankfull for your work on those devices and my mk-908v3 that runns quite well with your rom. So here is my donation:
            6KW9747751129330J
            Last edited by FadeFx; 10-16-2013, 20:45.

Comment

To late?

Originally posted by tucker973 View Post
              I've tried this setup with the defaults on my picky CX919 device, and no luck. I also tried flashing with the loader from the Neo package that works, same results: no HDMI signal. Anything I can do to help investigate the issue(s) short of mailing Bob the device?
              Tucker Ive seen many posts from you on your device. I feel your pain. I have to ask though since it seems like it just wont flash. Is it to late for you to try to return it? It just seems like everything is futile. You sure have a good case for a return..

Comment

HULU Plus Support

I have tried to load the hulu plus app from the play store and it loads and I can get signed in but it crashes when I try to view a video or I get a "Sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact customer care.?" error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I cant help with Hulu as I am not a subscriber and thus cannot test!

A logcat dump would help.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

MANY THANKS! Been waiting for a good rom! Fingers crossed if it works seamless for me now!

Thanks a million!

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
                      Tucker Ive seen many posts from you on your device. I feel your pain. I have to ask though since it seems like it just wont flash. Is it to late for you to try to return it? It just seems like everything is futile. You sure have a good case for a return..
                      It appears this is a more widespread issue than just my device. Other users have reported similar issues. I can also get the device running fine with the most recent two versions of the Neomode ROM:

I can hop back and forth between the working Neomode ROM and several non-working combinations of Finless flashes all day long, so the device certainly isn't bricked and accepts a flash (of the Neomode ROM) like a champ.

I was considering returning it (I still have a couple weeks before that ship sails anyway), but as it appears this is an issue with a particular class or batch of devices, I'd prefer to keep it on-hand and participate in any troubleshooting necessary to help others avoid this issue. Clearly there's something going on with a particular recent subset of Tronsmart CX919 devices that makes this ROM unusable, but the devices themselves do work. I can't even say for sure whether the Finless ROM boots, or if there's merely a problem with HDMI out.

TL;DR: The device works with Neomode ROM but not Finless ROM, and I'm not the only one with an issue. Bob himself stated here in the 1.5 thread:

OK so it seems there is a CLONE or a new version of the CX-919. Just like the MK908 V3!

We need a ROM dump of this new device since it is clear no stock ROM exists! If I get that, I can cook you guys something better
                      Unfortunately, since I've flashed and re-flashed, I don't have a stock device for a ROM dump, so I'm just sitting and waiting until I can possibly hear what else I might do to help the situation Again, I'm eternally grateful to this dev community, everyone has been awesome and I appreciate all the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I cant help with Hulu as I am not a subscriber and thus cannot test!

A logcat dump would help.

Bob
                        I will try to get you one later tonight.

Comment

AW: NEW - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6

It appears this is a more widespread issue than just my device. Other users have reported similar issues. I can also get the device running fine with the most recent two versions of the Neomode ROM:

I can hop back and forth between the working Neomode ROM and several non-working combinations of Finless flashes all day long, so the device certainly isn't bricked and accepts a flash (of the Neomode ROM) like a champ.

I was considering returning it (I still have a couple weeks before that ship sails anyway), but as it appears this is an issue with a particular class or batch of devices, I'd prefer to keep it on-hand and participate in any troubleshooting necessary to help others avoid this issue. Clearly there's something going on with a particular recent subset of Tronsmart CX919 devices that makes this ROM unusable, but the devices themselves do work. I can't even say for sure whether the Finless ROM boots, or if there's merely a problem with HDMI out.

TL;DR: The device works with Neomode ROM but not Finless ROM, and I'm not the only one with an issue. Bob himself stated here in the 1.5 thread:

Unfortunately, since I've flashed and re-flashed, I don't have a stock device for a ROM dump, so I'm just sitting and waiting until I can possibly hear what else I might do to help the situation Again, I'm eternally grateful to this dev community, everyone has been awesome and I appreciate all the help!
                          Thats exactly what i meant why that issue should be mentioned in first post. Otherwise it will take like forever until someone first dumps the stock rom. It should be part of install procedure description.

1. Dump stock
                          2. Flash custom

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
                            Thats exactly what i meant why that issue should be mentioned in first post. Otherwise it will take like forever until someone first dumps the stock rom. It should be part of install procedure description.

1. Dump stock
                            2. Flash custom
                            Thanks! Now, hop in your time machine and tell me that a week and a half ago. When I got my device, the only instructions were "grab this Finless ROM, it's the one recommended by GeekBuying." If I had any inkling it would not work, I would have dumped the stock ROM. However, it appears I am one of the first people to encounter this issue and reach out on this forum, so I did not have an opportunity to do so. It looks like someone in the 1.5 thread is working on it, though.

To re-iterate, there was nothing to indicate flashing the Finless ROM was anything but a routine procedure, and dumping the ROM wasn't ever suggested by anyone until well after I'd flashed and re-flashed a dozen times.

Comment

NEW - CX919 - 4.2.2 - Finless ROM 1.6

Thanks! Now, hop in your time machine and tell me that a week and a half ago. When I got my device, the only instructions were "grab this Finless ROM, it's the one recommended by GeekBuying." If I had any inkling it would not work, I would have dumped the stock ROM. However, it appears I am one of the first people to encounter this issue and reach out on this forum, so I did not have an opportunity to do so. It looks like someone in the 1.5 thread is working on it, though.

To re-iterate, there was nothing to indicate flashing the Finless ROM was anything but a routine procedure, and dumping the ROM wasn't ever suggested by anyone until well after I'd flashed and re-flashed a dozen times.
                              The stock 720P rom is available on the geekbuying.com site:

here is the new stock firmware for CX-919 TV STICKS, and after some test, people report, it improve the performance, and fixed the problem of “Blank Internal Flash”. Here is the firmware Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/khrgd1kjikrutln/cx-919_0715_update.rar   How to flash? click this link: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/05/29/cx-919-quad-core-tv-stick-firmware-update-instruction/#.Ue0Fe237qTQ   Any questions, feel free to contact us!   Geekbuying Team Jul […]

I've posted in the 1.5 ROM about my problems with my stick and the display blinking randomly when using 1920 settings on both the 720P and 1080P Kernels. Even though the display doesn't show 1920 when using the 720P kernel, the Blinking still occurs.

weird...
                              Storm

Comment

Working...
                              X