PC not detecting Tronsmart CX-919?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC not detecting Tronsmart CX-919?

I have a windows 7 PC and was going to root my CX-919. According to the instructions, (after USB debugging has been turned on) that when I plug the CX-919 into the PC that my PC should detect a new device has been plugged in and then want to install some drivers. My PC does nothing. So, do I also have to have the AC plugged in as well as the USB? Do I have to hit the FN button on the side of the CX-919?
    Just odd nothing happens. Other devices pop up, just not this one.

You should press the Fn button first, and then connect your CX-919 with your PC. use the OTG port in CX-919.

try it again.

Eric
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Does it also need to have the power plugged in too?

Comment

Originally posted by moviecouple View Post
        Does it also need to have the power plugged in too?
        no need. when you connect it with your pc, the pc already power it.
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Having the same problems

As described in the beginning of thread.
          Done the suggested steps , still with no luck?

Any suggestions?

Comment

My CX919 is only detected when I hold the "fn" button while connecting the usb port ("marked "USB" and not "DC").
            Use the original cable and atleast 5 others, just to be sure its not the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by britoso View Post
              My CX919 is only detected when I hold the "fn" button while connecting the usb port ("marked "USB" and not "DC").
              Use the original cable and atleast 5 others, just to be sure its not the cable.
              You have to use the micro usb slot marked OTG (not the DC!) to connect it to the PC. For the v1 CX919 this should be on the back side. For the CX919II this should be on the side.

Comment

I couldn't get mine to connect.

I found out that it won't work with USB 3.0

You will need to get a USB 2.0 port.

Comment

You need a legacy pc with windows xp

I find that none of my pc's (laptops or desktops) running (win 7 or 8) respond well when it comes to flashing with these tools. My POS jurassic laptop running xp is a sure thing. Most of my fail flashes started while using windows 8.

Start with proper driver installation and I can tell you that this is where windows 7 & 8 give you the most problems. You can make it work with windows 8 & 3.0 usb ports because all usb ports are legacy compatible. But why try to complicate things more with basic setup like drivers installation???

Comment

Windows xp did not recognize the Tronsmart CX919 as a device nor did it install a driver to use it. Anyone know why or a fix? Thank You in advance.

Comment

Working...
                    X