Tronsmart CX919 browsers crash on downloading file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart CX919 browsers crash on downloading file

I have a stock rom Tronsmart CX919 with a problem :-(. When I try to download a file (APK, or something else) using either the stock browser, or Chrome, the browser crashes to the desktop. Already reset it to factory default and added a 8GB micro sd card as some forums seem to suggest that the Nand flash isn't suitable to download files to. Suggestions are very much appreciated . Grz A3

Hi
    Thats a wierd issue..
    If you can't d/l to nand.. try changing the path to sdcard (real one)

Or try installing 'download all files' it enables d/l files normaly not working using Browser

Emty cache -might also work
    -settings/storage/cache
    Are you sure.. you did not 'freeze/disable' the app : d/l manager & downloader?
    -settings/app/all

Did you get your unit from CH or local reseller?
    -if local just return item
    --if from CH you might need to flash you unit (if you can first backup fw)

Goodluck

Comment

Thnx for your suggestions. I bought it @ a local reseller; didn't contact him yet as usually it's me doing something wrong :-). I sort of have a workaround; I installed ES Explorer. If I click on a link whilst browsing, ES offers to download the file for me, which does work. It downloads the file to my external card by default. I'll check the cache and store path. Is this for browsers specifically? Cheers...

Comment

AW: Tronsmart CX919 browsers crash on downloading file

Actually it is normal android behaviour that you can not download all filetypes, but it then should just end the dl with an error message (unknown filetype or similar). This can be curcumvented by using a different browser that has a download manager. I recommend firefox as most other browsers (using stock engine) seem to have problems with some one click hosters and firefox has its own engine and takes them all.

However there is still a minor issue with your device which could be a general firmware issue and just nobody found out yet, as it should not force close.

Comment

Originally posted by avdw77 View Post
          I have a stock rom Tronsmart CX919 with a problem :-(. When I try to download a file (APK, or something else) using either the stock browser, or Chrome, the browser crashes to the desktop. Already reset it to factory default and added a 8GB micro sd card as some forums seem to suggest that the Nand flash isn't suitable to download files to. Suggestions are very much appreciated . Grz A3
          Try using Opera or Lightning browser
          Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Strangest thing, just tried the newest 4.4.2 KitKat rom from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UsMGZX-9KK0 and the browser doesn't crash any more; issue solved To bad this beta is underclocked @ 1200 MHz.

Comment

i too have cx-919 broswer stops on downloads

Hi all you clever guys n dolls firstly many thanks for the time and dedication you give to all requests of help , many of us wrinkles are not as savy as you lol i will try an explain as best as poss, i have 2 cx-919 all stock 4,2,2 3.036 root@robin kernal rk31sdk0eng 4.2.2 jdq39 eng root and work fine for me mainly for the xbmc streams as an expat missing me uk telly and sport so i have now received two more for family ,opened box connected to tv as per instructions all loaded up great went to download xbmc android etc (allowed unknown apps etc) set wifi etc and as soon as i clicked the android icon the browser kicked out say "unfortunately browser stopped" everything else ie internet search google etc works fine but as i had them fetched over from uk bit hard to get back to seller, therefore in your wizard ways is there anything i can reload re fresh update re install wipe clean or trash lol that an un geeky grandad could do, if there is suggestions a step by step guide please, but please write slowly as i crnt read fast lol , but i have been reading finless tugstr and many more etc brilliant solutions to flashing roms kernals etc but have no idea what any of them are , any suggestions except @@@xx off would be greatly appreciated many thanks Mart

Comment

Working...
              X