Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Day Old Tronsmart CX-919 - Had HDMI Flicker after flashing with NEOMODE 1.3 - NOW DEAD!! Help me resurrect it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Day Old Tronsmart CX-919 - Had HDMI Flicker after flashing with NEOMODE 1.3 - NOW DEAD!! Help me resurrect it!!!!

I have a Tronsmart CX-919 bought from geekbuying 2 days ago - it worked fine as stock but wanted to try custom roms - first installed Finless 1.6b - wasnt 100% for me - waited for Bobs Kit Kat 2.0 Beta, this worked well but wasnt satified with the specs - Decided to try Neomode 1.7 today - Had screen flicker from boot screen - only reduced by changing display settings to lowest available (sub HD) but still present -

then tried Neomode 1.3 - same HDMI Flickering - then tried Finless 1.6b again - now had HDMI flicker from boot - so tried stock rom from geekbuying and lone behold was still present - tried various kernels today, nothing too drastic and only ran for a max of 5 mins each while i toyed with display settings to try fix flicker - dont know where ive gone wrong -

now to top it off - just arrived home and thought id try the KitKat Beta again as this was the last one to work stable with no flicker and booom - cant even enter flash mode - blue Led wont show even on power (5v 2a) and all i get is unidentified advice with no led and no option to manually install drivers as i did previously - soooo..... WTF!! - someone resurrect my 2day old CX-919 from the dead - cant even return now as i have modded with a heatsink that i might add has had no impact on this situation as far as im concerned - as was very unobtrusive - HELP!!! PLEASE

Thankyou

My stick also went out holding the button to flash. e.g. it would not go into flash mode anymore.

You have to take it apart and short pins 7&8 on the NAND chip. While shorting, plug in the USB and you should see the flash tool go into "Mask ROM" mode.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      My stick also went out holding the button to flash. e.g. it would not go into flash mode anymore.

You have to take it apart and short pins 7&8 on the NAND chip. While shorting, plug in the USB and you should see the flash tool go into "Mask ROM" mode.

Bob
      Hello Bob. Thanks for your reply, I have tried this but cant seem to get it to go. Im not 100% I was shorting the right pins. The NAND chip is on the underside of stick right? I cant seem to get any power at all on it now although the led will light when shorting a couple of random pins on board and have noticed the rockchip get hot as this was being done. Do I need to hold the Fn button whilst shorting and connecting usb? This is what ive tried but rather wish I had 3 hands!

It does disconnect and reconnect when shorting but it will only show up as unrecognised device. Does not attempt to find drivers, and though I previously inatalled the rockchip drivers manually, when I attempt to update drivers in device manager I think its just showing as an unrecognised usb composite device and trying to manually install it says the device already has correct driver installed even if I chose 'Have disk'

Im quite honestly baffled, one minute I had a bad hdmi flicker, now it seems the whole stick has gone bad, all I did was flash a few different roms and kernels which all installed fine, minus the bad Hdmi flickering that is.

really wish I left it on your 4.4.2 beta now as im now stickless after being part of the community for just 2 days! I cant even return it as I modded the housing to fit a heatsink which I really dont believe has caused this problem.

At this point it seems it would find a nice new home in the trash!

Comment

My apology it is pin 8&9

see this post:

You do not hold the reset. Short the pins and while shorting plug in the USB cord to PC. Have the flash tool open and you should see it go into mask ROM mode. And yes the first time you do this the PC may say new device but it should install drivers automatically. Mine did.

Bob

Comment

My apology it is pin 8&9

see this post:

You do not hold the reset. Short the pins and while shorting plug in the USB cord to PC. Have the flash tool open and you should see it go into mask ROM mode. And yes the first time you do this the PC may say new device but it should install drivers automatically. Mine did.

Bob
          Thanks again Bob. Have tried and tried and having no luck whatsoever. The only sign of life is went shorting certain pins the blue led will flicker/light. Other than that the pc will not recognise it other than as a unknown usb device. Manual installation of the RC drivers isnt working as it previously did and I cant get it to power on whatsoever. Although it does warm up when left connected.

Regretably I think sonehow ive killed it. Juat wish I knew where I went wrong as this makes me feel slightly uneasy about using custom roms with any replacement device.

my question now is, Neo X7 or another CX-919 - all I want is to run XBMC smoothly enough at 720p and spotify, plex, youtube. Plus the odd game. Or any other suggestions?

Keep hearing about this Tegra stuff and amlogic devices in the near future...

thanks again

Comment

I have 2 more questions Bob! - 1. Is there any other components I could try shorting to at least get it to power up properly? The fact the blue LED lights when shorting a coupoe random pins shows me power is getting to the board. Is there any chance of revival as I cant get into mask rom mode for love nor money.

2. I saw a youtube vid where you had disassembled a cx-919 to show the heat sinks in a few sticks. How do I seperate the antenna from the antenna housing? Is there anyway you could talk me through this. I really need to seperate the board from the rest of the housing and cannot see a way without cutting the antenna wiring or the housing itself.

Would much appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

It is just sticky tapped to the cover but you should be able to flip the cover over and short pins without having to peel the patch antenna off the cover.

No there is not other pins to short. Pins 7&8 or 8&9 usually does the trick and puts it in mask ROM flash mode.

I did get a stick someone sent me to see if I could fix that did the same thing. It showed up in windows as a new device but looking at the new device in the device manager it said it was bad or failed. The stick was dead and no go. Not sure you have the same thing but it's possible.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob - now that you mention it when flicking through info in device manager it did mention the words 'bad' and 'fail' so im guessing its RIP!

Thanks I have seen these patch antennas fitted on sticks, this is a cx-919 though to refresh your memory so I lt has an external antenna. I can remove the antenna from its housing by removing plastic grommet feom under side of antenna but cannot feed it through the hole to the board as it has some sort of sleeve you can see pictured on other device that doesnt fit through the hole. My reason in asking is that I have modded the case and will possibly be getting a replacement cx919 and would like to take the new board and antenna and put it into the old housing without damaging the antenna itself. If you follow lol - I dont want to cut the antenna wire or remove it from the board or is this an option?

Comment

Bob shall I gwt another CX-919 or go for a Neo X7 - I know the specs are about the same but I just wanna know whats the best combination of device and rom you have experienced to date and whats your personal go to set up.... big question right thats been asked 100 times

Comment

It is just sticky tapped to the cover but you should be able to flip the cover over and short pins without having to peel the patch antenna off the cover.

No there is not other pins to short. Pins 7&8 or 8&9 usually does the trick and puts it in mask ROM flash mode.

I did get a stick someone sent me to see if I could fix that did the same thing. It showed up in windows as a new device but looking at the new device in the device manager it said it was bad or failed. The stick was dead and no go. Not sure you have the same thing but it's possible.

Bob
                    Bob
                    i have the same thing with flickering screen ,cx-919, finless rom 1,4-1,5-1,6 -neomode 1,3 stock rom but not with kitkat beta v2 why is that happening to me because 4,4 kitkat does nt work like it should , no playstore it does not work and the rest is very very slowwwwwwww. what is the difference
                    Thnks.

Comment

Well, let me join the party-line

Exactly the same situation here. Display works alright with 4.4.2, but many features are not working properly.

Hope to see a working solution eventually

Comment

Having run a few more tests, I can make the following conclusion:

Newer neomode roms have no or almost no HDMI issues - checked versions 1.7 and 1.9. Display is stable. But depending on the version, either Sound is not working properly, or wifi.
                        The latest stock firmware for CX-919II also has stable HDMI. But can't run the wifi.

I guess there's a new revision of something, that is causing these problems.

Edit:

I can confirm that it is working with this version of Neomode.
                        The only strange thing I found out is the audio - for some reason MX player doesn't provide any sound with HW acceleration.
                        Dice player works great though.
                        Last edited by sash!; 01-09-2014, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by alisiflorin1 View Post
                          Bob
                          i have the same thing with flickering screen ,cx-919, finless rom 1,4-1,5-1,6 -neomode 1,3 stock rom but not with kitkat beta v2 why is that happening to me because 4,4 kitkat does nt work like it should , no playstore it does not work and the rest is very very slowwwwwwww. what is the difference
                          Thnks.
                          Got the flickering screen issue here too=p tried various ROM'S & Kernels, only kitkat beta has a stable screen :S

Comment

Did you try Neomode 1.9a (it is in the section of the MK models)

Comment

my cx-919 had screen flicker on all roms as well and this is the only one that has zero flicker;

the only bad thing is the kernel is clocked at 1.4ghz max, I'm hoping to find a compatible overclocked kernel for this rom to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X