NEW!! pureXBMC "new firmware for CX-921 / EXOON Power Pro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This firmware is based on MINIX X7 justXBMC 1.1.1 by lewy20041.

Thanks to lewy20041!

This rom is for CX-921 / PowerPro without bluetooth!!

I adapted and cooked his ROM to fit my personal needs.
    This rom is a pureXBMC based android media center with Dolby/DTS passthrough,
    playing every video file without any problems!

AnTuTu Score: 21072 ( CPU 1800, GPU 600, DDR 800 )

I did some changes for the CX-921/EXOON POWER PRO, rkxx-remotectl.kl, new design and some tweaks and modifications, some changes to resolution switch under advanced settings (will show resolution for reboot) and added new kernels.

Thanks to Finless for 1080p Kenel.
    Thanks to phjanderson for Rockship Patchomatic Suite!
    Thanks to stafstrom for patching libs.
    Thanks to rrileypm who helped me starting linux and gave me a lot of tipps!
    Thanks to MINIX and LEWY for XBMC-MINIX_BETA2_SG3.
    Thanks to FREAKTAB.com!

I hope you'll like this ROM - walter77.

This is inside:
    Real 1080p kernel as default
    Real 720p kernel, switch by only a click in "pureXBMC" advanced settings

xbmc (XBMC-MINIX_BETA2_SG3) internal player with dts/dolby/analog sound support,
    preinstalled after first start (wait 2 minutes after first boot)

pureXBMC settings section under android settings
    -Performance settings ( clock down kernel if you get problems )
    -Super User
    -Terminal

-Advanced settings
    • update
    • reboot recovery
    • reboot bootloader
    • swich resolution (use it if you don't need 1080p, it will swich to 720p "better for gameing") with indication of resolution
    Hold Power Button on IR Remote for Power Menu with sleep, power off and reboot option

-pached libmedia.so for Dolby/DTS
    -new graphics
    -system bar hidden
    -rooted
    -remote, mouse, gamepad support
    -better mappings for xbox wirless gamepad (supports more games)
    -init.d support
    -gameloft fix
    -new power off background and icons
    -nfs support with automount on startap scripts (check /system/etc/init.d folder)
    -build.prop tweaks
    -cwm recovery
    -real 1080p kernel (resolution can be changed under android settings)
    -all apps deleted (only settings, store, browser, download provider and Root Explorer are left)
    -changed bootanimation to pureXBMC
    -latest XBMC-MINIX_BETA2_SG3
    changed icons and splash screen to stock xbmc

#Install

-unpack arhive (anywhere)
    -start \RKBatchTool\RKBatchTool.exe
    -put device into flash mode (press and hold reset button, conect otg to pc and box)[if you already using Custom ROM, try to reboot to bootloader]
    -install proper drivers when windows ask from \Drivers\ folder
    -when you wil see number 1 in green box select "..." button in right top corner of RKBatchTool
    -navigate to pureXBMC_V1-1-1_CX-921.img
    -press restore button in RKBatchTool

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #After install

#Things to do after you install firmware.

first bootup will be slower then the next one (android is setting up)
    xbmc installs right after first boot, wait at least two minutes to let the box set up

If you want HDMI Audio Passthrough, activate RK29_RK1000 PASSTHROUGH under Android Settings/Device/Sound/Sound Device Manager. Start pureXBMC got to System/Settings/System/Audio output and just set Audio Output to Optical/Coax.

Your Audio will be delayed if you choose audio passthrough.
    You can correct it by playing a movie and change the audio options for the movie.
    Change Audio offset Ahead by: 0.200s and set it as default for all videos.

Download:
    http://www.media-base.net/roms/pureX...-1c_CX-921.rar

Update 11-01-2013!

CPU 1800, GPU 600, DDR 720 - New Kernel from Geekbuying.com
    (CX-921 SKU165055&165066&164073&164467)

Thanks to Bob for patching 1080p version!!

Remote should work now on more devices, led should turn off on sleep.

Please test and report back!

Use it at your own risk!
    Last edited by walter77; 07-01-2014, 07:53.
    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Hi walter77

Since I can not find which wifi chip uses the CX-921...

I would like to know if this Pure-XBMC Firmware will work in the CX-919 v2.0 with AP6210 wifi chip?

If Not... Could we expect from you a compatible ROM with our CX-919 v, based on this Pure-XBMC Firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I just looked for the wifi chip and found the following:
      Broadcom AP6330,Wifi 802.11b/g/n,

Don't know if wifi will work with your device, but i think i tried a CX-919 rom a few month ago and wifi worked well.

Just give it a try and report back or flash right kernel for your device.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
        I just looked for the wifi chip and found the following:
        Broadcom AP6330,Wifi 802.11b/g/n,

Don't know if wifi will work with your device, but i think i tried a CX-919 rom a few month ago and wifi worked well.

Just give it a try and report back or flash right kernel for your device.

Thanks walter77 for your fast reply!

I will give it atry and report back, but as the CX-919 uses the AP6210 Wifi Chip, I really dont think that the wifi will work...

BTW, could you supply some parameter files, so we could use 2GB, 4GB or 6GB, like the Finless's and Neomode's ROMs have?

I am currently using my CX-919 v2.0 with Neomode's 1.9a with the 4GB Parameter File (for more APPs), and all works flawlessly... Do you mean that I will have Only to flash your Image on top of the Neomode ROM that I am using?

Thanks for help!

Comment

Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
          Thanks walter77 for your fast reply!

I will give it atry and report back, but as the CX-919 uses the AP6210 Wifi Chip, I really dont think that the wifi will work...

BTW, could you supply some parameter files, so we could use 2GB, 4GB or 6GB, like the Finless's and Neomode's ROMs have?

I am currently using my CX-919 v2.0 with Neomode's 1.9a with the 4GB Parameter File (for more APPs), and all works flawlessly... Do you mean that I will have Only to flash your Image on top of the Neomode ROM that I am using?

Thanks for help!
          It's the original MINIX X7 parameter file from lewys justXBMC 1.1.1
          This rom shows 4 GB Space and 3.5 GB free space on my box, should be enough ;-)

As i told in the info text, i cooked this rom for my personal needs and just want to share it to people, they have similar needs. I will only try to solve errors with this rom. XBMC now works perfect for me, so i don't want to change anything to the rom at the moment, cause i worked some weeks on it and now it's ready.

There are some different revisions for the CX-921, i saw a bluetooth version too, and other remotes.
          I think my Box is one of the first versions so it's possible, the they changed wifi und ir chips later.

Perhaps i will provide a version with seperate files for parameter, boot, kernel, system and so on.

So i think if Neomode's 1.9a rom works for you, why to change anything ;-)

DONATIONS

Comment

nice.
            i like the wallpaper
            Everything is possible if we work together!
            ApkFreak

Comment

This may sound silly but it was possible to make something like this for the minix neo 5 mini
              Thanks
              Last edited by Finless; 01-06-2014, 16:49.

Comment

Congrats on your first ROM. I stickied this post for you.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
                  This may sound silly but it was possible to make something like this for the minix neo 5 mini
                  Thanks
                  Should be no problem, but i don't have minix neo 5 mini and actually no time to do that, sorry.

DONATIONS

Comment

Should be no problem, but i don't have minix neo 5 mini and actually no time to do that, sorry.

Ok. Thanks.
                    I have one and that's why i ask.

Comment

CWM recovery?

Thanks Water77. I bought the Android pro unit and am wanting to flash this Rom you built.. I wish I would have just gotten CX-921 box not their named unit. Mine is rebooting often. I cant get in to the proformace settings to drop the cpu speed. my wifi is very slow non usable.

I also had issues getting any contact with Exoon. I did call for them only to tell me that I had to use these forums witch wont even let me register.

I have a couple of questions Can you create a Zip so it can be installed via CWM which is loaded on my unit? If i flash the one you provided will i loose my CWM recovery? I have the original back up via CWM and want to be able to revert back. Does this unit have Bluetooth? I was told it did. There are settings for it. but wont turn on.?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Metzger77

Comment

Originally posted by Metzger77 View Post
                        Thanks Water77. I bought the Android pro unit and am wanting to flash this Rom you built.. I wish I would have just gotten CX-921 box not their named unit. Mine is rebooting often. I cant get in to the proformace settings to drop the cpu speed. my wifi is very slow non usable.

I also had issues getting any contact with Exoon. I did call for them only to tell me that I had to use these forums witch wont even let me register.

I have a couple of questions Can you create a Zip so it can be installed via CWM which is loaded on my unit? If i flash the one you provided will i loose my CWM recovery? I have the original back up via CWM and want to be able to revert back. Does this unit have Bluetooth? I was told it did. There are settings for it. but wont turn on.?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Metzger77
                        Hey Metzger77,
                        i've never tried to build a cvm flashable zip, but i think it's possible as i read about it in the ut1 forum. Actually i have no time to read about it and build it just for you :-(

I would safe your original cvm backup to external sd card as you always can flash your stock firmware back and then you are abIe to flash your stock backup back.
                        I have two different stock roms for the CX-921.

I had the same problems with stock rom, really buggy and slow.
                        I don't know what you're doing with your box. If you need mail, calender and so on, the pureXBMC firmware is not the right rom for you as it is very clean, but really fast now.
                        Yesterday i watched a 3 hours 1080p DTS mkv via cable lan (i don't use wifi) with real 1080p kernel and had no shutdown. As i remember i had no shutdown at all!

If you want your box as a XBMC mediacenter and for gaming, this rom is perfect for you. Just read the instructions and follow.
                        This forum is so cool, you can read the Minix, K-R42 and UT1 sections too, as the CX-921 is quite the same hardware.

I'm not the android guru as the other guy here are, and if you read before asking everyone will help you. For the most of your problems you will find the answer at freaktab.

My unit has no bluetooth but settings for it, i don't know if your unit will have it. I just looked for CX-921 with bluetooth, can't find one.

Tell me if you gave pureXBMC a try.

DONATIONS

Comment

I just flashed ur ROM for my CX 921 but the stock control that came with it now doesn't work. Is this a known issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mfloppy View Post
                            I just flashed ur ROM for my CX 921 but the stock control that came with it now doesn't work. Is this a known issue?
                            No, no known issue. Just did some research.
                            Seems that there is a second revision of CX-921 with different IR chip.
                            The driver for IR is placed in kernel as i know. So can you send me your stock rom (update.img) or system.img and kernel.img?

Does your device and remote look like this?

DONATIONS

Comment

No, no known issue. Just did some research.
                              Seems that there is a second revision of CX-921 with different IR chip.
                              The driver for IR is placed in kernel as i know. So can you send me your stock rom (update.img) or system.img and kernel.img?

Does your device and remote look like this?

Looks just like that... Would I have to go back to stock then send system kenel ?

Comment

Working...
                              X