Clear All

NEW!! pureX KitKat V1 - New firmware for CX-921a / EXOON Power Pro 2013

Get it here:

pureX KitKat V1 - Super smooth and freaking fast KitKat Rom for CX-921a

Please give feedback!

Walter 77
    Donations are welcome and will be shared with other devs:

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post

Hi there! What is the difference between CX-921a and CX-921 ? Are the firmware compatible between each other ? I am guessing not.

Comment

NEW!! pureXBMC "new firmware for CX-921 / EXOON Power Pro"

Originally posted by riast View Post
        Hi there! What is the difference between CX-921a and CX-921 ? Are the firmware compatible between each other ? I am guessing not.
        I name it cx921a because there is a nother version with bt and wifi ap6210. My cx921a firmware is for cx921 with rtl8188 wifi. Just try it and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DONATIONS

CX-921 TV-Box without Bluetooth (RK3188 / RTL8188 Wifi), CX-921b TV-Box (RK3188T / AP6210 Wifi), T428 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6330 Wifi), CX919 TV Stick (RK3188 / AP6210 Wifi)

Comment

Originally posted by walter77 View Post
          I name it cx921a because there is a nother version with bt and wifi ap6210. My cx921a firmware is for cx921 with rtl8188 wifi. Just try it and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          thanks for the explanation ! Unfortuately I can't go into flashing mode for some reason. I tried holding the recovery button with a pin for almost half a minute. Could you please tell me how should I do it ?

Comment

Setting your RK3188 device to flash mode

thanks for the explanation ! Unfortuately I can't go into flashing mode for some reason. I tried holding the recovery button with a pin for almost half a minute. Could you please tell me how should I do it ?
            Short guide:

To get to flash mode holding the recovery button i do it this way:
            - power of device
            - disconnect power from power port
            - disconect USB OTG cable
            - install correct drivers in windows
            - start rk flash tool
            - push the recovery button while connecting the usb OTG cable ( connected to your windows pc) to your rk3188 device

You can find a good guide here:
            radxa.wiki

and a second good guide getting to flash mode from inside your stock rom here:
            HOW TO - Flash a Rockchip Device

Walter77

DONATIONS

Comment

Hi all,
              after MANY years, i decide to post here for my old CX-921 tv box. First i had a device bricked and i didn't try to fix it for many years. Only yesterday i found it siting quietly on the self and i decide to give it a chance for revive. After many attempts with many android tools, i 've managed to erase flash and put the stock firmware from geekbuying.com without errors.
              Then i connect a HDMI cable to my screen and give power from usb port. As you can imagine i didn't get image at all. Do i need to put sdcard or no? Do i need power from DC in port or i can use udb port too?
              I would like to know the correct procedure to show desktop through HDMI.
              TIA

Comment

Originally posted by pcbmaniac View Post
                Hi all,
                after MANY years, i decide to post here for my old CX-921 tv box. First i had a device bricked and i didn't try to fix it for many years. Only yesterday i found it siting quietly on the self and i decide to give it a chance for revive. After many attempts with many android tools, i 've managed to erase flash and put the stock firmware from geekbuying.com without errors.
                Then i connect a HDMI cable to my screen and give power from usb port. As you can imagine i didn't get image at all. Do i need to put sdcard or no? Do i need power from DC in port or i can use udb port too?
                I would like to know the correct procedure to show desktop through HDMI.
                TIA
                Hi ,

without Powersuppy you can not boot your Box , really needed ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

All right, i put 5V 2A power to the DC IN and i did a voltages research for a short circuit or hardware anomaly. Everything looks OK,
                  how can i test if this box is working and the only HDMI problem can it fixed? Do i need sdcard too? Do i need the remote control for any reason?
                  TIA

Comment

Buenos días:
                    No se puede acceder a la descarga de este firmware, por favor podría facilitar un enlace válido.
                    Gracias

Comment

Working...
                    X