NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Great work wasser!! I didnt test it yet, when I got some free time I will test them, thanks a lot, you got great advances in the X7 kitkat kernels!

leolas.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
      Same here (except that I'm using 'no-frills CPU Control'). Based on my initial tests I don't see any critical reasons for an oc'd kernel. 1080p videos play absolutely flawlessly with the stock one and the overall GUI experience feels much snappier than with the JB-based ROMs.
      Yes indeed, stock freqs respond well. I am noticing a small lag opening and closing the drawer multiple times, it seems to dissappear when minimum freq is 1200mhz, which is a habbit for us anyway .

It's all about pollishing now .

Comment

Vold.fstab was removed in 4.3. Reading the xda-developers' forum, there doesn't seem to be any easy solutions for swapping the internal and external storages in 4.4.
        Im running NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA on my cx 919
        I always used to edit my vold.fstab to do the internal to external swap & I need this on any rom I kindly asked Bob for help & the master (Finless Bob) worked his magic..Read from post 60 & at post 64 there is the fix may be it can be used on the x7 too its just an idea

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I forgot to add to my last post of todo items:

- At least a 2GB option or standard on the parameter file. 4gb, 8gb options would be nice for others as well if not too much trouble

Comment

I posted some alternate parameter files back in post 130 http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=131538, no idea if they have been tested yet though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Removed
              Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I have now been playing with this ROM since late yesterday evening and I must say I'm throughly impressed. Basically everything I use day-to-day works at least as well as with JB. Every app I had installed on Finless 1.8 has so far worked with this ROM as well.

Video playback is absolutely gorgeous and to my untrained eye color reproduction seems more vibrant than with JB. The patched XBMC for Minix Beta2 will install but hw acceleration seems to be disabled. SPMC and Beyond XBMC on the other hand work nicely.

I have not found any major issues but here are some suggestions for improvements:
                • include Adobe Flash player
                • add support for mounting multiple USB storages (if possible in 4.4)
                • update the Reboot app to the latest version (1.2.0).
                • a bit darker default wallpaper (I'm actually using 'No Wallpaper' from Play store)

The following JB features are missing (KK/SDK issue, not Wasser's fault):
                • sound passthrough
                • no way to enable tablet view by editing build.prop (i.e. move the notification bar from the top of the screen to the lower right corner)
                • hiding the bottom navigation bar (not every app supports immersive mode yet).

Congrats to Wasser! Truly a great achievement.
                If you use the app `Full Screen` from the Play Store it will remove the Nav Bar.

Sent From My Nexus 7 (2013) Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
                  I posted some alternate parameter files back in post 130 http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?p=131538, no idea if they have been tested yet though.

Yes, sorry about that i didn't previously test. I just tested your "parameter2" and it works. I have 2gb of internal storage now. One thing i didn't initially realize is that you can't just flash the parameter file, you have to reflash everything including kernel, system, recovery, etc and lose everything you loaded before. So be aware of that if any of you redo parm's.

If someone who prefers 4gb could test that parm file and let wasser and 900supersport know so they can include the working parms in future releases.

Comment

A few comments from an envious bystander (stoopid Windows 8.1). Things I have learned from running 4.4 on my phone.
                    1. Only way to get flashplayer working is in Dolphin browser with Jetpack addon.
                    2. Exposed modules will not work with ART compiler.

This is very exciting to see, thanks to everyone involved.
                    Here is a flash apk from xda that works with dolphin on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      Im running NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA on my cx 919
                      I always used to edit my vold.fstab to do the internal to external swap & I need this on any rom I kindly asked Bob for help & the master (Finless Bob) worked his magic..Read from post 60 & at post 64 there is the fix may be it can be used on the x7 too its just an idea

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ifi-BETA/page3
                      vold.fstab isn't there in kitkat. Boot.img now has to be modified to swap internal SD card and nand SD card.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ifi-BETA/page3
                        Thanks, will have a look

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post

Hi 900supersport...I have tested your parameter files and they work fine

Thanks
                          Gatekeeper179

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            vold.fstab isn't there in kitkat. Boot.img now has to be modified to swap internal SD card and nand SD card.

Bob
                            Thanks for the info Bob, I will keep checking around and see if anyone gets the swap working in the future

Gatekeeper179

Comment

Originally posted by gatekeeper179 View Post
                              Thanks for the info Bob, I will keep checking around and see if anyone gets the swap working in the future

Gatekeeper179
                              You might try the swap boot.img I made for Blinkone from my kitkat ROM on this as I bet it works.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by gatekeeper179 View Post
                                Hi 900supersport...I have tested your parameter files and they work fine

Thanks
                                Gatekeeper179
                                That's good to hear, all credit to wasser though the big a achievement here is such a good KitKat on the MINIX x7. Makes me wish I had one for messing about on as well as the one I bright my wife for Christmas.
                                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
                                X