Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
    On it.

Ps, switched to hdmi 1080p60, my tv started to make weird noises, not from the speakers pretty sure. Scared so good that im using 720p.

Also, no sound output from the headphone jack.

Edit: used your attched kernel, no usb input working, i guess thats the experience most had experimenting with th KK stuff.

Edit2: usb input works over OTG. However, i keep getting FC's from "com.android.systemui", impossible to make it to the home screen.
    please try new kernel, wifi and ethernet should work again
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by tode View Post
      Thank you Wasser!
      I test your ROM asap.
      Did you used the libmedia.so patched by stafstrom, to enable pass through in XBMC?
      Thanks,
      tode
      not yet, i'm not sure if it works in kikat

Comment

wasser, what about usb ports, cameras, air keyboards like pro f10
        etc... does this image support them?

Comment

Thx Wasser for KK rom !

Someone to report if ethernet issue fixed?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by ptiper21 View Post
            wasser, what about usb ports, cameras, air keyboards like pro f10
            etc... does this image support them?
            cameras doesn't work, it's known issue in kikat-4.4.2. the rest should work.

i don't have the minix x7 hardware to test. so please test it and give me the feedbacks!

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
              Thx Wasser for KK rom !

Someone to report if ethernet issue fixed?

Regards,
              please download the new kernel. this should fix the wifi and ethernet issue

Comment

Wasser,

Ethernet still not working, still says unconnected. Wifi is great, writing from it actually.

I did notice something strange at boot, only once, dont know if you did that or a teaser whats waitin for us. just a split second before the boot animation starts, an image with Google TV showed up. I rebooted loads of times to see it, it was only a single occasion and caught me while looking away.

Edit: i see the rom uses Dalvik by defualt, since i am not aware of the diff. between Dalvik and ART, i assume youve reverted it back. Is ART any benefitial for us?

Comment

Re: KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Wasser,

Ethernet still not working, still says unconnected. Wifi is great, writing from it actually.

I did notice something strange at boot, only once, dont know if you did that or a teaser whats waitin for us. just a split second before the boot animation starts, an image with Google TV showed up. I rebooted loads of times to see it, it was only a single occasion and caught me while looking away.

Edit: i see the rom uses Dalvik by defualt, since i am not aware of the diff. between Dalvik and ART, i assume youve reverted it back. Is ART any benefitial for us?
                  ART on Kit Kat is designed to be a smoother faster replacement for Dalvik. On my Nexus 5 it is much better than Dalvik although it's experimental and not all apps are compatible with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasser,

Thanks for feedback.
                    To bad... i use ethernet only.

Do you test videos playing...? Judders or 100% smooth?

About art, i use it with my nexus 5... no visible performance, but better autonomy.. but Minix don't care lol

Comment

Wasser,

could you please post the dmesg.log so i can take a look why ethernet doesn't work?
                      Dalvik is the default by 4.4.2. As i know ART doesn't work well some some devices. But you can change it if you want

Comment

Tried ART, did have a few FC's with it, turned it back off.

I have never aided with logs to a dev before, can you please enlighten me how to do that?

PS, the rom feels a bit like Strauzos nexus in cosmetics, does this use the tablet SDK as well?

Comment

Tried ART, did have a few FC's with it, turned it back off.

I have never aided with logs to a dev before, can you please enlighten me how to do that?

PS, the rom feels a bit like Strauzos nexus in cosmetics, does this use the tablet SDK as well?
                          it's easy, just do: adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

and send me the dmesg.log fiile

this rom is based on kikat-4,4,2 source which was uploaded at the begin this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                            it's easy, just do: adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log

and send me the dmesg.log fiile

this rom is based on kikat-4,4,2 source which was uploaded at the begin this year.

i did i straight from the Android Terminal Emulator, should be the same right?

ps, boy is web browsing better in KitKat, even Chrome runs smoother.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i did i straight from the Android Terminal Emulator, should be the same right?

ps, boy is web browsing better in KitKat, even Chrome runs smoother.
                              the dmesg.log is correct, somehome the r8152 ethernet driver doesn't show up correctly.

Could someone please post the dmesg.log with stock kernel and ethernet enable?
                              could it be that minix x7 uses another ethernet driver!

thanks

Comment

Also, no need anymore for Null Keyboard, recognized as Physical Keyboard, and i guess thats probably why i lost some features. The soft keyboard wont annoy you anymore.

Wasser, the Logitech K400 has three volume buttons, Mute, Decrease and Increase, located at F10, F11 and F12. I was wrong when i noticed it before since i did not put much time on it. What it seems to do is have just one option on the sound slider, its either absoluitely off or fully on, with just one click. As if the steps were removed, it used to be every click resulting in -+5% of sound, now its 100%. And if it crossed your eyes before, there is no sound output from the Headphone jack, and i mainly use that for my old HiFi AVR.

Comment

Working...
                                X