NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    the dmesg.log is correct, somehome the r8152 ethernet driver doesn't show up correctly.

Could someone please post the dmesg.log with stock kernel and ethernet enable?
    could it be that minix x7 uses another ethernet driver!

thanks
    I am on the Minix neo X7 SDK2 Rom now (Ethernet is working well). If it ok, I can post the dmesg.log, but I need step by step recomendations how to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
      Also, no need anymore for Null Keyboard, recognized as Physical Keyboard, and i guess thats probably why i lost some features. The soft keyboard wont annoy you anymore.

Wasser, the Logitech K400 has three volume buttons, Mute, Decrease and Increase, located at F10, F11 and F12. I was wrong when i noticed it before since i did not put much time on it. What it seems to do is have just one option on the sound slider, its either absoluitely off or fully on, with just one click. As if the steps were removed, it used to be every click resulting in -+5% of sound, now its 100%. And if it crossed your eyes before, there is no sound output from the Headphone jack, and i mainly use that for my old HiFi AVR.
      i have tested some extern usb keyboard, it works for me.
      AVOUT is not yet supported in kikat-4.4.2

i uploaded new kernel again, could you please test if ethernet works?
      thanks

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

just tested a couple of 1080p mkv's. Video quality is fine unless some powerful background movement on the picture is way too fast, very noticable. Drastic changes in the video also screw the quality, and every 10 seconds there's a buffering symptom (lag) followed by a resume with a quality decrease until it finds itself back.

Not for movie watchin yet, but ive streamed through Wifi. The wifi can definitely handle it, but right now it's serving 5 heavy users, and airtime can dictate quality a lot. I may see different results over Ethernet.

Tested with 1080p@60hz, DPI changed to 200.

Comment

i have tested some extern usb keyboard, it works for me.
          AVOUT is not yet supported in kikat-4.4.2

i uploaded new kernel again, could you please test if ethernet works?
          thanks

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/kerne...-x7-090114.zip
          No no, it's a basic AUX cable, all analog, it does not differ from a headphones at all, i remember listening to music on a KitKat phone :P.

PS, flashing on the way. Also, i am having a weird red flash all around the screen, but only around, taking around 100 pixels. It comes up after a small lag, what is that?

Comment

just tested a couple of 1080p mkv's. Video quality is fine unless some powerful background movement on the picture is way too fast, very noticable. Drastic changes in the video also screw the quality, and every 10 seconds there's a buffering symptom (lag) followed by a resume with a quality decrease until it finds itself back.

Not for movie watchin yet, but ive streamed through Wifi. The wifi can definitely handle it, but right now it's serving 5 heavy users, and airtime can dictate quality a lot. I may see different results over Ethernet.

Tested with 1080p@60hz, DPI changed to 200.
            i tested fullhd movies over ethernet, don't see any buffering symptom. I'm using mxplayer and the lastet xbmc nightly

it looks like that wifi is not quick enough for fullhd video! please try the new kernel. I hope this kernel really fixed the ethernet issue

Comment

No no, it's a basic AUX cable, all analog, it does not differ from a headphones at all, i remember listening to music on a KitKat phone :P.

PS, flashing on the way. Also, i am having a weird red flash all around the screen, but only around, taking around 100 pixels. It comes up after a small lag, what is that?
              AUX is not supported in the current kernel for kikat-4.4.2. I haven't seen this issue on mv TV.

Comment

Well, i may have confused myself and you by the AUX term, but all i meant is Stereo Sound Output from the 3.5mm, i usually mute my HDMI audio and use the Headphone jack for sound.

PS, flashed the kernel, still no ethernet.

Comment

Could you please post the dmesg.Log from new Kernel?

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Comment

Aaaand here it is...
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is my log from SDK2 Rom:
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have taken a look at both dmesg.Log. saddas Do you have minix x7? Your dmesg Log Shows differrent WiFi/ethernet drivers

Comment

Could someone please tell me which ethernet driver is used in Minix x7?
                          Thanks

Comment

Wasser, Very nice and very close already. I'm using a minix neox X7 using your 090114 kernel and other base rom items that you included in the original post. Some testing results: - The volume issue mentioned before by Pluto in #30 with only one stop of full on, full off or mute happens on other keyboards as well as the previous post stated Logitech K400r, I tried on a favi rf keyboard and had the same issue, - No Ethernet still with the new kernel, - CBS, ESPN and Verizon Fios now work with this fw, instead of the crashes that I was getting when using minix 008 fw and finless 1.8 fw, - NBC and ABC apps (which are 2 of the 4 major channels in the US) show as device is not compatible, - Showtime now shows an error that HDMI output is not supported but it did not show this under 4.2.2 fw's, - HBO GO playback is very choppy vs. prior 4.2.2 fw's. It seems like you are really close to overcoming the major issues that 4.2.2 had so great work. Let me know how I can help.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 00:33.

Comment

Could someone please tell me which ethernet driver is used in Minix x7?
                              Thanks

Can you suggest how we could get the driver as its not on their website and I can't tell anything from looking in the settings.

Comment

I have taken a look at both dmesg.Log. saddas Do you have minix x7? Your dmesg Log Shows differrent WiFi/ethernet drivers

Yes it's log from my SDK2 Minix x7 Rom (not official)
                                Last edited by saddas; 01-09-2014, 23:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X