No announcement yet.

NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone who is already using this rom, if u dont mind to test this small thing.

Load any Youtube video on, at least 10 min with people talking, in nearly every vid, after 3-4 minutes the audio and video are out of sync, audio delays at least for a second if not two.

Will test further in other apps soon, looks like a Youtube bug to me but just in case.

Also, if anybody with a stock rom, preferably 008, or anything stock rom based, we need a dmesg log extraction.

if you are rooted, just use these commands to create it, i;ve done mine via Android Terminal Emulator.

Code:
    1st command: su
    2nd command: dmesg > sdcard/Download/dmesg.txt

Comment

FYI, I had a bad corruption of the x7 when trying to go from this fw to a 4.2.2 fw. At first the stock RKBatchTool 1.7 wouldn't recognize the x7 after reset hole punched and power button pushed (like a hundred times before). Then x7 started very rapidly being recognized as a device then not recognized within a second or two of reset/power button. I search around and found this solution by Hardware Guru (who also had a problem with flashing 4.4.2) in post #7 suggesting reset push along with power button, but continue to hold the power button until the following completes, open finless ROMFLashTool 137, erase nand, then still holding the power button, open RKbatchtool 1.7 and flash the stock rom holding the power button until completed and your x7 is back. Link to the Hardware Guru #7 thread http://minixforums.com/threads/minix...-upgrade.3483/

Comment

Wifi observation.

I tested throughput speed of wifi on this 4.4.2 and it only clocked in at 4 Mbps up and down. I then flashed back to stock 4.2.2 rom and got 24Mbps down and 20 Mbps up which is close to my Verizon speed limits of 25/20.

So there seems to be poorer wifi thruput on this so far. This was also seen for a while on the other Minix x7 fw's until someone sorted it out. not sure how they did it though.

Comment

Im having a stable 30mbit connection through the internet. im sure i can squeeze some more locally.

While downgrading, you must choose the old bootloader. ive read it here around that the new one does not support 4.2, and yet the same kernel is used, so confusing. I guess the kernel version is the reason why we still dont have a solid multi user environment.

I can say so far, i have browsed HEAVY the last 4 hours on this device, no single browser crash let alone restars or shutdowns. It feels like it functions, yet there are artifacts on graphics time to time, but that will probably be addressed in one way or another.

Comment

new kernel

Hi

i uploaded new kernel again. Could you please test if ethernet works?

thanks

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

That use RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin or RK3188Loader(L)_V2.08.bin?

Comment

KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Originally posted by finov View Post
                Kitkat requires v2
                Jelly Bean v1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

v2.08 is requires fir kikat

Comment

I can not get the Minix original remote control and XBMC with KitKat.

Comment

I can not get the Minix original remote control and XBMC with KitKat.
                      have you flashed my firmware with lastest kernel from today? if yes please let me know if ethernet works! It's very important for me!

That stock remote control does not work is known issue. It will be fixed in next release

thanks

Comment

Hi Wasser, just flashes your latest kernel, still doesn't seem to work.

Sent From My Nexus 7 (2013) Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                          Hi Wasser, just flashes your latest kernel, still doesn't seem to work.

could you please post the dmesg.log ?

thanks

Comment

Re: KiKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                            could you please post the dmesg.log ?

thanks
                            When I try to get the log its coming up as 'read only file system' on terminal emulator

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                              When I try to get the log its coming up as 'read only file system' on terminal emulator

please write to /sdcard/ , the rest is mount readonly

dmesg >/sdcard/dmesg.log

Comment

wasser, for the sake of testing, i will flash stock 008 tonight and extract the dmesg.
                                Is there anything that might be of use to you from the stock? ill probably root straight away, will the dmesg log also aid you for other things such as the remote as mentioned, or 3.5mm interface, etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X