NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soyrme View Post
    Also some additional items from testing once you get the major things squared away:
    - Internal memory for apps is only 1GB, can you provide options for 2 GB, 4GB, 8GB?
    - Adobe flash not included. easy enough to sideload but nice to have in the finished package

I am having one problem I can't figure out since 4.4.2 vs. 4.2.2. THere is no option like in 4.2.2 for the x7 to be shown to my windows pc as an attached device and access it's drives from PC. THere used to be a usb option. I tried the developer options\usb debug but the x7 doesn't show as an accessable device and it's internal sdcard is not accessable from win explorer. Not a huge issue as I can swap things on sdcard but if anyone can save me the hassels and time of having to do that vs. just being able to access the internal sd card from win explorer, I'd appreciate it.
    1,2 i added both on my todo list

3 if i remember correctly you can change it in build.prop
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

does ethernet work with the latest kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
        it's exactly what i need. Thanks again!

i need the same again but with my kernel + my rom
        Unfortunately, still no ethernet, however, hope what you requested helps. Dmesg with and without GPIO attached.

Edit: the sound increase/decrease bug is back, 0 to 100 on a single click.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to also add, while i was helping Wasser flashing several times the kernels, i havent had a single bad experience with crashes or as i mentioned before, browser mess which mostly shutdown/restart my device.

Then i had to test stock 008 and extract some useful logs, while doing that, i had at least 2 restarts.

I seriouslty cant deny the cirsspyness the rom has, we're really really lucky.

Comment

kernel-minix-x7-110114-1.zip

new kernel uploaded. Do we have any volunteer to test it?
            we are very close to get ethernet working ;-)

thanks

Comment

Just tried 110114-1 kernel and still no ethernet. see attached dmesg
              Attached Files

Comment

previous kernel fixed the remote, confirmed, but it broke the sound buttons increase/decrease again, can you check that? just asking if wasser addressed that even though we're all focused on Ethernet.

thnx for helping as well mate, your tip to boot into flashing mode saved me a lot of hassle , as it seems everyone downgrading will face a bit of resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                  previous kernel fixed the remote, confirmed, but it broke the sound buttons increase/decrease again, can you check that? just asking if wasser addressed that even though we're all focused on Ethernet.

thnx for helping as well mate, your tip to boot into flashing mode saved me a lot of hassle , as it seems everyone downgrading will face a bit of resistance.
                  i reverted the change, could you please check the latest kernel from today if sound buttons increase/decrease works again?

thanks

Comment

Bugfinding

Hi all!

Currently on Holiday but can't wait to get my hands on this one. I'm really curious about this rom seeing as it 's purely based on the SDK release.

With the Minix firmware there are some strange bugs for me (remotes that cause shutdowns etc, unstable sound performance over USB).

When ethernet works I'll get my Raspberry Pi ready to take over the media duty's and go for a nice little bug hunt

Comment

thanks, could you please check if bluetooth works?

Comment

kernel-minix-x7-110114-2.zip

new kernel uploaded, please test again!

thanks

short info how easy to flash kernel:
                        1 lauch terminal
                        2 su
                        3 flash_image kernel kernel.img
                        4 reboot

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                          thanks, could you please check if bluetooth works?
                          on 110114-1

Bluetooth works. I paired with a jambox and was able to play a video with sound out of the jambox.

Volume up/down works properly with bluetooth connection. you can go through all the gradients of volume no problem.

Volume up/down is broken when you are outputing through the hdmi cable to the monitor still. When you press volume up, it goes to maximum only, vol down goes to zero volume only. Mute key doesn't seem to work. This is on a logitech k400r external rf/usb keyboard and the favi external rf/usb keyboard. I just realized that there is no sound output options like passthrough, hdmi, like in the standard x7 008 stock firmware.

Ethernet is not working as well.

EDIT: I saw you just posted 114-2 and will report back on that shortly

Comment

on 110114-1

Bluetooth works. I paired with a jambox and was able to play a video with sound out of the jambox.

Volume up/down works properly with bluetooth connection. you can go through all the gradients of volume no problem.

Volume up/down is broken when you are outputing through the hdmi cable to the monitor still. When you press volume up, it goes to maximum only, vol down goes to zero volume only. Mute key doesn't seem to work. This is on a logitech k400r external rf/usb keyboard and the favi external rf/usb keyboard. I just realized that there is no sound output options like passthrough, hdmi, like in the standard x7 008 stock firmware.

Ethernet is not working as well.

EDIT: I saw you just posted 114-2 and will report back on that shortly

bluetooth was a mustfix for me, it's great that it's working!

sound output options like passthrough, hdmi are still missing in this kikat sdk

Comment

On 114-2

We have ethernet! I'm checking other items above now and will repost

Comment

On 114-2

We have ethernet! I'm checking other items above now and will repost
                                good new! please post the dmesg.log!

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X