X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by welcometopoland View Post
    Hi guys,

Does DTS passthrough via SPDiF (while having HDMI for video) work with this ROM ?
    i've posted a patch on this , waiting for the feedback now
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

HDMI Passthrough

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      i've posted a patch on this , waiting for the feedback now

HDMI Passthrough is still "not" working..
      Can choose between Analog and SPDIF in XBMC.
      And i also see "Error - no devices found" in sound options.

In the Sound devices it's show as: "RK29_RT5616 PASSTHROUGH"

Had a MK802IV a few weeks ago, that was ok and shown as "HDMI PASSTHROUGH", with XBMC working without patches..

I found another "nice" thing.. Playing a MKV from SDcard, gives me DTS 5.1 from MX Player!
      Will try to load a DD or AC3 movie later on, maybe first tomorrow..

- Right track here, now we just need XBMC also!

thanks for your work so far!

Edit: i might think that SPDIF is working, i see it in all the right places.. Cant test as i'm using an B&O System 3..

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
        HDMI Passthrough is still "not" working..
        Can choose between Analog and SPDIF in XBMC.
        And i also see "Error - no devices found" in sound options.

In the Sound devices it's show as: "RK29_RT5616 PASSTHROUGH"

Had a MK802IV a few weeks ago, that was ok and shown as "HDMI PASSTHROUGH", with XBMC working without patches..

I found another "nice" thing.. Playing a MKV from SDcard, gives me DTS 5.1 from MX Player!
        Will try to load a DD or AC3 movie later on, maybe first tomorrow..

- Right track here, now we just need XBMC also!

thanks for your work so far!

Edit: i might think that SPDIF is working, i see it in all the right places.. Cant test as i'm using an B&O System 3..
        thanks for the feedback
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

thanks for the feedback
          Np, love the feedback from you guys ;-)
          Will be more than happy to test more..

Comment

Originally posted by alexnev View Post
            Hi Team,
            Thank you for the nice ROM! I'm toattal newbie for android and this ROM is my first custom ROM installed. SO far so good!
            "
            One minor observation: I noticed very poor perofrmance of class 10 8GB SDHC SD card under this ROM. Read speed was something like 17Mb/sec, write about 9 MB/sec. After I installed "SD card speed booster" app from play store performance was dramatically improved - read speed about 590 Mb, write about 9-10 MB/sec. App said something about battery setting and I think it also changes default cash block size.

Could you guys please take a look and optimize these settings by default to get a better performance.
            Thank you for your ROM,
            Alex
            590MB/sec it is not the real speed. maybe the file used for the test was cached i RAM

Comment

I took libmedia.so from the 009 ota update and made a patch
              Can you test it?
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Just rename the file to quickshot-update.zip, put it in /sdcard and reboot.
              The system will boot, you will see the bootanimation and the system will reboot into cwm recovery.
              The patch will be applied. If the recovery doesn't reboot automatically, just reboot
              i put the file "quickshot-update.zip" to /sdcard, and reboot the system, the system boot up as normal without going into cwm recovery mode.... how do i know the patch is done? or anyway to check the patch is working (patched)?

Comment

on my testing this happened justo once, because i wrote quickshot-udpate instead of quickshot-update. please check the filename

Comment

on my testing this happened justo once, because i wrote quickshot-udpate instead of quickshot-update. please check the filename
                  i tried change the filename to quickshot-udpate.zip and quickshot-update.zip , both not happend on re-boot. Anyway, i boot to CWM mode and install zip directly, after the installation of patch, tried on XBMC with the audio output set to "Optical/Coax", humming & distorted sound, xbmc now only work with "Analog" audio output sound setting.. , DTS still failed to work..

Comment

the system looks for the file /sdcard/quickshot-update.zip on every boot and if it finds it, then reboot into recovery and apply the zip.
                    Do you have quickshot v2 installed?

Comment

I'm doing some test changing the cache value from 128 to 1024/2048/4096/8192 on two sdcards, class 2 and class 6.
                      The only value increased is reading speed, but the improvement is very little. Making the sdcard work this little faster will make no difference.

I need someone else to do the speed test.
                      I've played with increasing the cache value for internal SD (with Pimp My Rom app) and my SD was constantly ruined and required reformatting 3 times in month until I've removed the tweak. Now everything is fine again. I don't think it's worth the risks of data loss...

Comment

Originally posted by tltester View Post
                        I've played with increasing the cache value for internal SD (with Pimp My Rom app) and my SD was constantly ruined and required reformatting 3 times in month until I've removed the tweak. Now everything is fine again. I don't think it's worth the risks of data loss...
                        this hacks are not for internal sd, it's mostly for external.

Comment

the system looks for the file /sdcard/quickshot-update.zip on every boot and if it finds it, then reboot into recovery and apply the zip.
                          Do you have quickshot v2 installed?
                          yes, i install from http://www.freak-tab.de/leolas/Quickshot/V2/QuickShot_V2.rar it is running stable except the DTS is not functioning right now.. the /sdcard/quickshot-update.zip wont work for me, i pacthed direct from CWM mode and select "install from zip".. instead.. it is ok to patch from CWM mode?

Comment

yes it is ok to do that but your system is not working as expected. something weird happened. :S

Comment

yes it is ok to do that but your system is not working as expected. something weird happened. :S
                              Had the same issue..
                              I did also install from CWM..
                              Maybe Xbmc dosent see the New file? In justXBMC it does show something about a libhack? Some time ago i had that installed on another rom..
                              Maybe i'm wrong? Anyway to patch it manualy?
                              Just to be sure that the file is copyed correct..

Comment

The oc kernel cpu 1800 gpu 798 ddr 800 is locked on 1600 mhz minimum?better back it down i think...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X