Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    I tested it too, and don work for me either anyway thanks hardwareguru for the suggestion.

leolas.
    Any chance that the issue is xbmc? I do remedier something about that we had to enable the hack in a config file?

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful ROM. Using it for a about a week now. No issues whatsoever. Fast, stable and clean. Well done, guys!

The only minor thing which bothers me (probably not even FW related) - is Ethernet speed. It goes as fast as about 50mbps, but no more.
      And I have 100mbps uplink, which effectively provides me with ~10MB/s speed on torrents download on my PC, so this is not my home lan or router issue. These are speedtest.net results http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3270173063 from PC. On Minix are about 2 times lower

Any suggestions here, mates?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Koshara View Post
        Just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful ROM. Using it for a about a week now. No issues whatsoever. Fast, stable and clean. Well done, guys!

The only minor thing which bothers me (probably not even FW related) - is Ethernet speed. It goes as fast as about 50mbps, but no more.
        And I have 100mbps uplink, which effectively provides me with ~10MB/s speed on torrents download on my PC, so this is not my home lan or router issue. These are speedtest.net results http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3270173063 from PC. On Minix are about 2 times lower

Any suggestions here, mates?

Thanks!
        Is it a cat5 cable?
        Maybe test Minix with the cable you use for the PC and see if it makes a difference

I get 50up/50down which is roughly the speed of my internet connection
        -= HELLO KITKAT =-

Comment

I'm back on this ROM again, because the 4.4.2 ROMs are giving me a hard time.

I love it! Everything works great for me; Netflix, games, connecting to my NAS in all ways possible.

I look forward to see what you come up with next
          -= HELLO KITKAT =-

Comment

Originally posted by flemming View Post
            Is it a cat5 cable?
            Maybe test Minix with the cable you use for the PC and see if it makes a difference

I get 50up/50down which is roughly the speed of my internet connection
            It is a cat5e cable, I wouldn't know where to get cat5 nowadays
            I might try to test it with the same cable I use for PC, but I would be surprised if cable would be the reason.
            Also, SMB share speed is as low as 2-2.5 MB/s, which is really, really frustrating

Did a iperf (actually kperf on PC and aperf on MINIX) test. 8K and 64K buffer lengths.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PC_MINIX_8K.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	432859
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PC_MINIX_64K.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	432860
            Stable 85-90mbps link speed. I wouldn't expect anything more of it.

Any other suggestions?
            Last edited by Koshara; 01-30-2014, 16:38. Reason: added iperf results

Comment

It is a cat5e cable, I wouldn't know where to get cat5 nowadays
              I might try to test it with the same cable I use for PC, but I would be surprised if cable would be the reason.
              Also, SMB share speed is as low as 2-2.5 MB/s, which is really, really frustrating

Did a iperf (actually kperf on PC and aperf on MINIX) test. 8K and 64K buffer lengths.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5062[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5063[/ATTACH]
              Stable 85-90mbps link speed. I wouldn't expect anything more of it.

Any other suggestions?
              The connection in this minipcs are not so good like at pc. In most cases Ethernet and wifi share the bandwidth with USB, and this devices use a 100Mbps theoretical Lan speed. The test I made with wifi and ethernet got about 27Mbps, almost all my internet bandwidth speed (30Mbps).

Please if you got 80-90Mbps with any rom in this device, please tell us, and we take a look on it.

leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

The connection in this minipcs are not so good like at pc. In most cases Ethernet and wifi share the bandwidth with USB, and this devices use a 100Mbps theoretical Lan speed. The test I made with wifi and ethernet got about 27Mbps, almost all my internet bandwidth speed (30Mbps).

Please if you got 80-90Mbps with any rom in this device, please tell us, and we take a look on it.

leolas
                No offence intended, mate! Once again, I'm fully happy with you ROM and really appreciate the hard work you all done.

My intentions are very simple - to give you a tester's feedback.

Those grapths are connection speed test between my PC and MINIX, those were made to eliminate other HW out of the equasion. Speedtest.net tests on MINIX were done without any USB attached and with WiFi turned off.

All I'm saying it's a pity to have 100mbps uplink and were not able to use it in full. So, if there's a way to make internet connection speed faster - that would be greatly appreciated and not by me alone

Comment

No offence intended, mate! Once again, I'm fully happy with you ROM and really appreciate the hard work you all done.

My intentions are very simple - to give you a tester's feedback.

Those grapths are connection speed test between my PC and MINIX, those were made to eliminate other HW out of the equasion. Speedtest.net tests on MINIX were done without any USB attached and with WiFi turned off.

All I'm saying it's a pity to have 100mbps uplink and were not able to use it in full. So, if there's a way to make internet connection speed faster - that would be greatly appreciated and not by me alone
                  Sorry, it was not my intention to be rude, and now I read my post again it can be read in this way and tht was not my intention. The bad of not use my nature language.
                  I want to say if other rom can run ethernet at higher speeds, please tell us, because we can search how it got hight speed, and we can try to add it to this rom.

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Sorry, it was not my intention to be rude, and now I read my post again it can be read in this way and tht was not my intention. The bad of not use my nature language.
                    I want to say if other rom can run ethernet at higher speeds, please tell us, because we can search how it got hight speed, and we can try to add it to this rom.

leolas
                    This is my result of speedtest.net
                    Got a 60 mb line....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                      This is my result of speedtest.net
                      Got a 60 mb line....

A very good connection to net!!
                      I have 30Mbps up and 3Mbps down, and my results are about 27-28Mbps downloading and 3-3,5Mbps uploading, same that pc. Anyone is enought to stream 720p without problems

In other order, I recommend all of you, try Beyond XBMC by Flumpster, we just make a rom for other stick and we installed it by default (minix XBMC cant run in other devices, only hacking it and I prefer not to do that) And Beyond XBMC is amazing!!!! great look and great performance

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

A very good connection to net!!
                        I have 30Mbps up and 3Mbps down, and my results are about 27-28Mbps downloading and 3-3,5Mbps uploading, same that pc. Anyone is enought to stream 720p without problems

In other order, I recommend you try Beyond XBMC by Flumpster, we just make a rom for other stick and we installed it by default (minix XBMC cant run in other devices, only hacking it and I prefer not to do that) And Beyond XBMC is amazing!!!! great look and great performance

leolas.
                        Well thats great. But this xbmc thats in this rom xbmc/no launcher performs good for me. 1080 streames great from qnap ts112 using nfs protocol.

Comment

leolas
                          No worries, matey

I will definitely let you know if I will find any ROM which runs faster in terms of internet connection. It's in my best interest, isn't it? I've already found some claims and discussions among other ROM developers on this very forum, so, if you are interested in joining my search - you are more than welcome

Meanwhile, one more question from me - would you consider add CifsManager/Mount Manager support? Might require adding cifs.ko as well..

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                            Well thats great. But this xbmc thats in this rom xbmc/no launcher performs good for me. 1080 streames great from qnap ts112 using nfs protocol.
                            Unfortunately not everyone have NAS and not every NAS supports NFS. Some people (me included) have to make do with SMB share, which is way slower than NFS...

Comment

Cifs and nfs are builded in the kernel so modules are not needed.

leolas.
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Cifs and nfs are builded in the kernel so modules are not needed.
                                So, you mean I can use CifsManager/Mount Manager without any additional modules?

That is great! You guys rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X