Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X7 with 1080p and DTS

Hello,

I just received my new X7 and it is awesome.

I have few questions... I tries to find the info on my own here and on other sites but there are many guides and most of the seem outdated.

I want to view 1080p movies (my Samsung TV supports 100HZ) using XBMC. I also have a nice sound bar which it will be very disappointing if I could not use, so I would like to have DTS support (I read this is kind of a problem).
    Also, I would like to stream content using Netflix (I understand Netflix annoyingly does not support HD on android)
    And of-course YouTube and internet browsing.

How do I assemble all that?
    Is there a nice ROM which can help me?

Please share your experience with me.

regards,
    Id

Originally posted by ididid View Post
    Hello,

I just received my new X7 and it is awesome.

I have few questions... I tries to find the info on my own here and on other sites but there are many guides and most of the seem outdated.

I want to view 1080p movies (my Samsung TV supports 100HZ) using XBMC. I also have a nice sound bar which it will be very disappointing if I could not use, so I would like to have DTS support (I read this is kind of a problem).
    Also, I would like to stream content using Netflix (I understand Netflix annoyingly does not support HD on android)
    And of-course YouTube and internet browsing.

How do I assemble all that?
    Is there a nice ROM which can help me?

Please share your experience with me.

regards,
    Id
    Will, i think most of the Roms in x7 sellection can handle that! :-)
    2 i think you should try, Quickshot v2 and HardwareGuru 04.
    Was using Quickshot for long time, and that Was great ! :-)
    Right now i'm on Hardware gurus 04,that handles live streaming better, but has no root std..
    Try Them out and see what you like most! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Phycopat View Post
      Will, i think most of the Roms in x7 sellection can handle that! :-)
      2 i think you should try, Quickshot v2 and HardwareGuru 04.
      Was using Quickshot for long time, and that Was great ! :-)
      Right now i'm on Hardware gurus 04,that handles live streaming better, but has no root std..
      Try Them out and see what you like most! :-)

Thanks... Looks great. I think I'll go for the hardware guru.

What about Netflix? Does it support HD even though it is not runnig on abdroid 4.3?

Comment

Originally posted by ididid View Post
        Thanks... Looks great. I think I'll go for the hardware guru.

What about Netflix? Does it support HD even though it is not runnig on abdroid 4.3?
        Nope, no HD for us.. I dont think any of these Android sticks has Netflix in HD, i did read some thing about that the manufracture has so make a drm partition that Netflix can see before HD will be there, and ofc android 4.3+ or something like that, dont remember it correct more.. But Netflix is watchable :-) Like a dvd..

Comment

That's disappointing. Especially because chromecast has super Hd netflix streaming.

Thanks.

Comment

You can try

If you're using Netflix, there's a new version which soon will be in playstore, but if you like to try out now, you can download it here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880937064 The version 3 is really fast and smooth. It also has a...

Because of lack of time this has been discontinued. I will leave these apk's here for anyone interested to study, hoping that someone will pick up where I left off. Long time, no see. I just made a hack that I feel I should share with you all...

Comment

Originally posted by Lelin View Post
              You can try

If you're using Netflix, there's a new version which soon will be in playstore, but if you like to try out now, you can download it here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23159073880937064 The version 3 is really fast and smooth. It also has a...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2305091

Yes I saw this posts including xda's Netflix app. But at the end you need android 4.3 or later to support HD content.
              What about the 4.4 rom?

Comment

After some more digging...

1. What about the kit-kat rom?

Will it do all the stuff I need? The 1080p seems a beat poor with 24HZ only.
                2. Also, Let's say I go with HardwareGuru 4 rom: I noticed it comes with minix xbmc beta. Isn't the beyond xbmc version better? In the HardwareGuru post, the creator emphasized that he had modified xbmc stuff to play 1080p smoothly. I am a beat confused.
                Thanks.
                Regards.

Comment

1080p with 50/60hz run just fine in Wassers rom.

Comment

X7 with 1080p and DTS

HardwareGuru 4c beta version runs best on my X7.
                    1080p 50/60hz is not so smooth, but 1080p @ 24hz + DTS sound works so smoothly!!! I tried other roms but hardwareguru 4c is for me best for watching videos on xbmc

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mariozo View Post
                      HardwareGuru 4c beta version runs best on my X7.
                      1080p 50/60hz is not so smooth, but 1080p @ 24hz + DTS sound works so smoothly!!! I tried other roms but hardwareguru 4c is for me best for watching videos on xbmc

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Ok, I think i'll go with hardwareguru 4 rom. but i have to ask: did you mariozo tried the Kitkat rom?

Comment

X7 with 1080p and DTS

No, i have not try.. I want stable rom, with 1080p + DTS spdif passthrough. I think that dts dont work on kitkat and is not stable...

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Comment

No, i have not try.. I want stable rom, with 1080p + DTS spdif passthrough. I think that dts dont work on kitkat

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Thanks... I thought so.

Comment

X7 with 1080p and DTS

Im using 4c rom!!

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Im using 4c rom!!

iPhone5 using Tapatalk

This one?

Comment