Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xminix Neo X7 arriving this week advice custom roms firware ect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xminix Neo X7 arriving this week advice custom roms firware ect...

I recently decided to ditch the mx2 an bought a neo x7 4.2.2. From official minix when Unboxing for the first time can anybody give me advice on how to get started an what the best firmware custom root I have 150mbs fiber cat 6 will be using ethernet. Id like to have the UI 1080p and the kernel 1080p for xbmc ive done allot of research but seems everyone says something different. Main use google play internet and xbmc watching 1080p or 720p. Being later this week ill be unboxing it any recommendations on whats best for me I couldn't thank you enough also bought a mele 3 in 1 f10 wireles remote any info to get the best out of the device much appreciated. ? Thanks (threemill525)

A neewbie to minix quad core running xbmc any options advice opinions much appreciated

Unboxing neo x7 later this weak any information greatly appreciated thanks

Comment

Originally posted by threemill525 View Post
      I recently decided to ditch the mx2 an bought a neo x7 4.2.2. From official minix when Unboxing for the first time can anybody give me advice on how to get started an what the best firmware custom root I have 150mbs fiber cat 6 will be using ethernet. Id like to have the UI 1080p and the kernel 1080p for xbmc ive done allot of research but seems everyone says something different. Main use google play internet and xbmc watching 1080p or 720p. Being later this week ill be unboxing it any recommendations on whats best for me I couldn't thank you enough also bought a mele 3 in 1 f10 wireles remote any info to get the best out of the device much appreciated. ? Thanks (threemill525)
      I know I'm just a n00b but I received my Minix Neo X7 a few days ago. At first, I left it on the stock 008 firmware and launahced the Minix ver of XBMC. I noticed that online content was playing back at 10fps. I wiped it out and installed Quickshot 2 and XBMC was working perfectly. I then installed some XBMC video add-ons and had some weird issues. I reverted back to 008, then applied 009 update and then the 010 update and using XBMC Gotham beta 3, everything is working perfectly. I see that Minix just released a 010b update but since everything is working fine, I'll stay put for now.

Let experience be your best teacher. From my reading around, it seems there is no ROM that is, hands down, the best at everything across the board. Since you just got your X7, now is the time to try all the ROMs available and if you don't like one, wipe and reload another. Quickshot 2 and Finless are the ones I read the most about but there are others!

Comment

my advice -> use the "hardwareguru malipatch 4c" rom
        i wont get any money from the producer of this rom :P
        but ive tried about 10 roms! and the hardwareguru rom does the job very well.
        very smooth videoplayback and automounting of all my HDDS ^^

Comment

Hello!

I first tried the Finless ROM 1.6 and stayed with that for a few months. Then I got tired of using my X7 because it took 10 mins to boot up! They said it was normal.

Then, one day, I got this itch... I switched to Quickshot V2 and wow... it took only 1.5mins to boot up (I timed it)!!!

My only real gripe is that YouTube videos seem to load really slow... both on wifi or ethernet... it's just a tad faster on ethernet... but it's still slow to load at first. I had the same problem with Finless. I wonder if there's a fix for that.

Comment

10 minutes booting oO whatttttt the .... ^^
            not normal hahaha
            normal is about 30sec to 1 min
            i dont know the difference between the maaaany roms on the market but my hardwareguru rom boot in about 30 secs
            but i think 1 min is also ok.
            my advice--> if ur rom has root ,perfect,if not ->> root it,then isntall apps like "autostart manager" and "greenefy"
            -> with the autostart app pls deactivate all the apps u dont need to start at the beginning.
            that will reduce a lot of time from the full booting of the minix.
            and then pull all the apps inside "greenefy" u want to kill as fast as possible.
            so->when a app is closed i will mostly runs in the background and will cosnume power of ur system.
            put this app inside greenefy and greenefy will kill the tasks 4 u ;D
            automaticly

i hope i could help

sry 4 my english :P

Comment

Originally posted by dermuggi View Post
              10 minutes booting oO whatttttt the .... ^^
              not normal hahaha
              normal is about 30sec to 1 min
              i dont know the difference between the maaaany roms on the market but my hardwareguru rom boot in about 30 secs
              but i think 1 min is also ok.
              my advice--> if ur rom has root ,perfect,if not ->> root it,then isntall apps like "autostart manager" and "greenefy"
              -> with the autostart app pls deactivate all the apps u dont need to start at the beginning.
              that will reduce a lot of time from the full booting of the minix.
              and then pull all the apps inside "greenefy" u want to kill as fast as possible.
              so->when a app is closed i will mostly runs in the background and will cosnume power of ur system.
              put this app inside greenefy and greenefy will kill the tasks 4 u ;D
              automaticly

i hope i could help

sry 4 my english :P

What?? Seriously... 30 secs?? Wow! And I thought my 1.5 mins was fast! Maybe I should try HardwareGuru...

I use Greenify on my HTC One... I never thought it would be useful on the Minix... I'll try that. And also that AutoStart Manager...

How's YouTube on your ROM? Do videos take time to start?

EDIT:

I tried AutoStart Manager and it always crashes when I open it. Too bad.

QuickShot ROM is rooted. I want them rooted. It seems HardwareGuru is not. Can't switch then.
              Last edited by YOHANP; 04-04-2014, 15:45.

Comment

Working...
              X