Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help with setting up the best XBMC Experience

Good morning gents and ladies,

So I have been using XBMC for about a year now, and I really am loving loving loving it.

I just have a few questions so please hold back the trolling as I am not so clued up on everything.

I have read loads of forums and tutorials but I am not always able to find the answers.

Ok so here are my Questions:

1: I have XBMC on two platforms PC and Minix x7 mini. I have a new TV arriving next week which I bought a chrome stick for as I know Samsung smart Tv's cant have xbmc on them as an app (that would be awesome though) So the non smart tv will get the chrome stick, the smart the minix mini and the pc I want to act as a media server that all have access to, is this possible?

2: If possible which I am sure it is via mysql or something, can someone please direct me to a very simple simple procedure as how I should go about setting this up.

I want a central server that all xbmc android devices can connect to.

3: Which is the best rom to be running on my minix, I am running quickshot 2 and I am considering quick 3 but to reinstall my entire show and movie database puts me off, hence I want a central server thing going on.

4: Is there a way to run apps off my external sd card as the internal card on the minix is tiny and I find if there are too many things installed on XBMC wont run 1 channel or other programs.

5: can someone possibly let me know their minix setup and with maybe a visual as I really want a sick setup.

6: with the chrome cast will that pick up the server? or will I have to use upnp.

I know loads of questions and I am trying, so if I have repeated anything that has been answered for before, I apologise, perhaps please just direct me to the feed.

Regards

Jarrud
    Last edited by sabrezn; 06-10-2014, 10:12.

media house pro

Hello xbmc lover ... I use a pc with several hdds attached as a central hub sort of thing and on my andriod devices I have media House pro available on play store( try for free) then go to xbmc settings and turn on upnp and zeroconfig and allow control of the system and leave it all running..then all your devices with media house pro will show up all your media and you can choose where to play it from and too... eg tv stick or pc monitor or locally on the device .you may have to change a few file titles manually but I think it would achieve what you want with minimum setup time ..I also use a app called yatse for xbmc this does the same sort of thing but with a remote and the ability to veiw a video on your phone from say showbox and then u can to choose to play it across to any device running on upnp

nb if u have windows u will need bonjour app for pc to turn on zeroconfig

hope this works for u the way u want it to

selv
    Last edited by selv; 07-26-2014, 09:54. Reason: detail

Comment

If your looking for an off the shelf easy setup

Then try this, (still in beta) - not sure if it will do what you want - but you can try it for free, just read through the small print on the download page
      Team UX
      http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Working...
      X