Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX NEO 7 AND DTS SOUND IN XBMC

HEY FRIENDS
    Recently purchased a MINI 7 and I have problems with the optical output when i try to play movies with stock player. mx pro player , archos player and xbmc player

I have no sound and what I hear from the amplifier is a prolonged buzzing. Tried to follow the steps that are described in this link http://www.minixforums.com/threads/h...nd-spdif.2071/ but still the problem exists.

will you please tell me how it should be audio output settings on my device and everything else needed so I can via optical output get dts audio to my amplifier??
    thanks for your help

p.s my main player is xbmc and i use finless 1.6 rom
    Last edited by epsa; 10-01-2013, 11:40.

asking for help.. with out info?

Perhaps you can describe what you have done already ?
    And you current settings?
    Did you shutdown the device after replacing the 'system' file?
    Did you download the 'special' version xbmc?
    What 'rom' version are you running?

Comment

try XBMC version 13 Alpha 7a (do your research there both a version 7 and 7a, 7a is the one you want).

I was looking at buying a surround sound system and outputting the sound using the optical output, so I've an interest in knowing what works.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        Perhaps you can describe what you have done already ?
        And you current settings? -----------> i have tryed every posible setting in the tab "sound option" of the devise .
        Did you shutdown the device after replacing the 'system' file? ------------> yes i did
        Did you download the 'special' version xbmc?-------------->no i didnt. what special version? i use xbmc-20130920-b632a08-master-armeabi-v7a.
        What 'rom' version are you running? --------------------> finles 1.6
        these is my settings
        thanks in advance for help

Comment

Originally posted by Sparksy01 View Post
          I was looking at buying a surround sound system and outputting the sound using the optical output, so I've an interest in knowing what works.
          these is exacly what im looking for too. i have this model http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...specifications

Comment

-->no i didnt. what special version?

As far as I know, you still need a special patched version of xbmc for DTS/AC3 passthrough (not sure though).

I use the one by stafstrom found here http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t...e-4#post-17156

You also have to edit the advancesettings.xml (see stafstroms post).

In my rom (which is a custom german one based on the 005 Minix release) , I also have to choose spdif passthrough in the android settings app.

AC3 and DTS pt is working fine for me with this setup.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Guancho View Post
              -->no i didnt. what special version?

As far as I know, you still need a special patched version of xbmc for DTS/AC3 passthrough (not sure though).

I use the one by stafstrom found here http://minixforums.com/threads/how-t...e-4#post-17156

You also have to edit the advancesettings.xml (see stafstroms post).

In my rom (which is a custom german one based on the 005 Minix release) , I also have to choose spdif passthrough in the android settings app.

AC3 and DTS pt is working fine for me with this setup.

Hope this helps
              THANKS MY FRIEND- FINALLY I HAVE DTS SOUND WITH XBMC !!!
              but i have not dts sound with stock player and mx player pro. any idea??

Comment

Great ROM v8 (01/01/2014), stable, freeze-free 1080p mkv playback (95% of the time
                but sadly... can't get the DD/DTS passthrough via SPDiF to work

Tried built in video player and "XBMC MINIX edition" + 3 variants of passthrough in Minix/Settings/Audio.

Sometimes I get the passthrough but the sound is distorted / muted (music, effects OK but dialogue horrible and muted)

No luck at all with MX Player...

Do I have to edit something in XBMC ? Why it's called "MINIX edition" when it's not working properly ?

Comment

Working...
                X