Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix Neo x7 or Tronsmart CX-919 or QC802 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEY FREAKTABERS...

i am buying a new android tv ...
    and i am really confused between the

Minix Neo X7 , Tronsmart CX-919 and the QC802

PLEASE HELP ME WHICH ONE TO BUY A.S.A.P
    will appreciate your answers...
    Thank You !

Good question, I don't know the Tronsmart or QC802 myself so I cannot advise on these systems in terms of performance, firmware and ROMs, but from looking specs the Neo X7 has twice the internal storage and it will have stronger WiFi due to its large antenna. It is not so easy to store behind a TV, because it is a lot bigger.

I've had my Minix Neo X7s (I've got two of them) for about 2 months and in that time they have become more reliable, more stable and the picture quality is pretty good. There have been a number of firmware updates and there are a number of ROMs as well so there is plenty to do. The system will continue to improve and the problems streaming 1080 are known by the manufacturer and, from reading their own forum, they are testing a 'pre-release' fix for this, so everything should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparksy01 View Post
      Good question, I don't know the Tronsmart or QC802 myself so I cannot advise on these systems in terms of performance, firmware and ROMs, but from looking specs the Neo X7 has twice the internal storage and it will have stronger WiFi due to its large antenna. It is not so easy to store behind a TV, because it is a lot bigger.

I've had my Minix Neo X7s (I've got two of them) for about 2 months and in that time they have become more reliable, more stable and the picture quality is pretty good. There have been a number of firmware updates and there are a number of ROMs as well so there is plenty to do. The system will continue to improve and the problems streaming 1080 are known by the manufacturer and, from reading their own forum, they are testing a 'pre-release' fix for this, so everything should be good.
      What about cx-919 ?

Comment

48 views and only 1 reply...
        guys please tell me

Comment

that depends on what are you looking for in a device ( for example not so long ago finless made a rom for the cx-919 and said it was the best video playback he has ever seen, but the x7 is getting much more support from the developers than ay other mini pc right now).
          "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
          - Bill gates

Comment

Originally posted by diegocaxudo View Post
            that depends on what are you looking for in a device ( for example not so long ago finless made a rom for the cx-919 and said it was the best video playback he has ever seen, but the x7 is getting much more support from the developers than ay other mini pc right now).
            I am looking no lag in ui
            no xbmc lag issues
            and no lag in games such as dead trigger or nova 3

so which one do u think is good?

Comment

Originally posted by gushi007 View Post
              I am looking no lag in ui
              no xbmc lag issues
              and no lag in games such as dead trigger or nova 3

so which one do u think is good?
              none of them (as far as I know) have lag issues in ui but the xbmc problem are mostly becouse xbmc for android is not very good (te new 13 version is an improvment but is not perfect at all). you can try other video players or maybe XAF a (non-official) xbmc version that uses mx players to play your videos (http://www.xbmcandroid.com/)

I would buy the x7 because the tv sticks sometimes have heat issues ( i'm not saying the cx-919 has but I wouldn't risk my self with gaming0 plus the bluetooth is a little bit better on the minix neo x7 (for wireless gamepad). also, much devs are workig on software for the x7 so it looks like the future is much brighter for the x7. putting that aside, the x7 has more ports (3x usb) ethernet, otical audio, etc so if you buy a tv stick you would have to buy adaptors or other accesories.
              "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
              - Bill gates

Comment

what about minix neo x7 mini ?

Comment

what about minix neo x7 mini ?
                  at first, it looked like a good option to me too (when I was deciding if i should buy the x7) but then I noticed that x7 roms aren't compatible with x7 mini and apparently the x7 mini is getting almost no support when it comes to roms and bug fixes.
                  - Bill gates

Comment

Re: Minix Neo x7 or Tronsmart CX-919 or QC802 ?

Anyone else that can help me please

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Please guys... Or is there any other device better than minix neo x7 ??

Comment

As of right now, no, nothing better. The X7 is your best bet. With the sticks they tend to over heat more, especially if you over lock it, which is actually a really good idea with the X7, as it stays cool under high stress, also, with the sticks you are looking at using an external USB hub as well as a USB Ethernet adapter if you want something other than Wifi, so in the end you have an octopus of wires strewn around. The X7 uses a full size SD Card rather than micro, so you have better support for more cards on the market as well as less likely to lose a full size sd card, so it makes it easier to swap them out.. The X7 has better wifi so far over the other devices I have used, due in part to its large external antenna, as well as one of only a few devices with dual band wifi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). It has double the internal storage space over other 3188 devices, and even has built in IR for remotes. Finally, it has a vibrant support group with a lot of development. Stay away from the X7 mini, as it has far less to offer to account for the price difference and has little support from devs in comparison to the full size X7. I own an iMito MX1 Dual Core tv stick, a Tronsmart T428 Quad Core stick, a Minix NEO X7 and even an Apple TV 2, and I wish they had the X7 before I purchased all of the others. My other sticks are being used as headless servers at the moment and the X7 is my primary device.

If you want more proof, read this review thread by phjanderson. He developed the Finless ROM for the X7 along with Finless Bob and he goes into a lot of detail about the device, it's support and why it is the one you should buy: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...uld-buy-the-X7
                        Last edited by Jbardi; 10-05-2013, 07:18.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo x7 or Tronsmart CX-919 or QC802 ?

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
                          As of right now, no, nothing better. The X7 is your best bet. With the sticks they tend to over heat more, especially if you over lock it, which is actually a really good idea with the X7, as it stays cool under high stress, also, with the sticks you are looking at using an external USB hub as well as a USB Ethernet adapter if you want something other than Wifi, so in the end you have an octopus of wires strewn around. The X7 uses a full size SD Card rather than micro, so you have better support for more cards on the market as well as less likely to lose a full size sd card, so it makes it easier to swap them out.. The X7 has better wifi so far over the other devices I have used, due in part to its large external antenna, as well as one of only a few devices with dual band wifi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). It has double the internal storage space over other 3188 devices, and even has built in IR for remotes. Finally, it has a vibrant support group with a lot of development. Stay away from the X7 mini, as it has far less to offer to account for the price difference and has little support from devs in comparison to the full size X7. I own an iMito MX1 Dual Core tv stick, a Tronsmart T428 Quad Core stick, a Minix NEO X7 and even an Apple TV 2, and I wish they had the X7 before I purchased all of the others. My other sticks are being used as headless servers at the moment and the X7 is my primary device.

If you want more proof, read this review thread by phjanderson. He developed the Finless ROM for the X7 along with Finless Bob and he goes into a lot of detail about the device, it's support and why it is the one you should buy: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...uld-buy-the-X7
                          What bout the QC802 ?

Comment

What bout the QC802 ?

Ok, as that is also a stick, I'd put it in the same category as the CX-919, so again, as far as I am concerned that was still covered in my post. You seem very frustrated, as if there is a time frame for this purchase. You asked opinions and we have given them to you, side by side comparisons, why the X7 is better than the standard stick devices and yet you are not satisfied with the results. If you are dead set on a stick, I think the CX-919 and the QC802 are comparable, so I don't know what to tell you. The X7 is the best device on the market at this point. After CES, that may change as newer devices will be hitting the market, from Minix as well as other companies, but I still stand by my opinion and if you research it you will find similar opinions as well. It's your choice, but I think a stick is the wrong way to go at this point.

Comment

duplicated.

Comment

Working...
                              X