Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First post updated with v3.2
    It should fix black screen that ocured on some x7
    Everything is possible if we work together!
    ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
      Hi lewy,

Is there any simple way (w/o flash & wipe) to test an upgrade install to this from your 2.0.3 HFW by using your built-in features, CWM or zip file?

As I wrote in the old version forum, I tried everything to get this one to install and it never would so I went with your old V for now. Let me know, thanks.
      MINIX Neo X7
      Nitro Quickshot ROM, MinixXBMC v2, Finless- Kernel 720p-1704/798/720 <AnTuTu=20814

Comment

you could make a backup with cwm first, to make sure you have it if this new one wont work.
        but it should work without any issues now.
        as to update from 2.0.3 to 3.2 i sugest a clean install.
        ApkFreak

Comment

Wonder what the issue was, my MINIX is working fine with 3.1?

Just a side note with my experiance with Busybox on this device. I face issues after updating busy box.After having this device for a month now and trying virtually all available roms and versions I noticed the following;
          - updating busy box from 1.19 wardroth to 1.21 sterling (think those are the names) leads to force close, random hangs and very slow web page loads. I also updated busy box so that I could use smanager to install v6 supercharger and run hypercola

I guess updating busy box breaks ROM and or kernel patches?

Comment

if you are good with 3.1 than there is no need to update as 3.2 just use stock kernel 1.6ghz insted of 1.8ghz
            ApkFreak

Comment

you could make a backup with cwm first, to make sure you have it if this new one wont work.
              but it should work without any issues now.
              as to update from 2.0.3 to 3.2 i sugest a clean install.
              Lewy, I use Titanium, so before I go forward, it has the option to backup ALL user apps AND system data. I have already backed up my XBMC seperately.

If I chose this option that includes system data... will everything be OK with your 3.2 ROM if the backup system data is from everything I have installed and setup on your 2.0.3? As that is the upgrade I would be doing.

Im a bit leary of CWM right now, last time I tried to restore a couple of solid backups, for no reason (no name/location changes, etc), it gave an error i cant remeber exact, i think it was MD5 error. Let me know about the Titanium details, I really want to test your newest work. thanks

UPDATE:

I went ahead and start from scratch after all. Anyhow good news to report is, although 3.1 would not run after flash on my X7, the 3.2 booted right up and I'm already building everything. Will post if anything comes up to help others. Thanks.
              Last edited by Link6381; 12-23-2013, 22:08. Reason: more info
              MINIX Neo X7
              Nitro Quickshot ROM, MinixXBMC v2, Finless- Kernel 720p-1704/798/720 <AnTuTu=20814

Comment

if you are good with 3.1 than there is no need to update as 3.2 just use stock kernel 1.6ghz insted of 1.8ghz
                Lewy

good afternoon
                This version works on the T428? We own the T428 are in need of updates.

Greetings from Brazil

Comment

So after a day trying 3.1 HFW this is my feedback :

1) Sound has the same issued with other rom ( stock and custom ) . After every restart it goes to camera or mele f10 pro. I solved this issue only with soundabout app, when i use only hdmi connection. For optical output i can't find a solution.

2) Sixaxis is working very good!

3) Skype is working only in 3.2 version

4) Mele f10 pro is not working so good. It wants a remapping. During a call in skype and during sound output from mele, i had a suddenly shut down of the box! Power issue maybe or mele problem? i don't know!

No other issues for this time.Lewy why custom kernel is better than the oc?

Comment

3.2 have stock kernel insted of oc as some x7 dont like OC kernels.
                    in next ver i will add key mapping for mele f10 pro.
                    for now i will make update package for mele.
                    ApkFreak

Comment

Hi all, big thank you lewy20041 for the Rom , tested in Tronsmart T428,
                      this is once again the lewy20041 Rom which beat the record AnTuTu (for T428).

---------------------------------------------------------------
                      Version Minix_X7_HFW_3.1_by_lewy20041 = 21500 (stock "default")

Version Minix_X7_HFW_3.2_by_lewy20041 =

18500 (stock "default")

19500 with switch Overclock

After testing all ROM Tronsmart T428 since the beginning,

the Rom "Minix_X7_HFW_3.1_by_lewy20041" is the best (for T428).

I is not found a problem yet, for the time being.

i tested "XBMC MINIX Edition (Beta 2. Release)" in the Tronsmart T428 but it does not work.

Is there a solution to run "XBMC MINIX Edition" in the Tronsmart T428 ?

Or

what is the best version of XBMC for "Tronsmart T428 with the Rom Version Minix_X7_HFW_3.1_by_lewy20041" ?

last question, is it worth the trouble of buying the box Minix Neo X7 or wait for a new box android in 2014 ?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post

18500 (stock "default")

i tested "XBMC MINIX Edition (Beta 2. Release)" in the Tronsmart T428 but it does not work.

Or

what is the best version of XBMC for "Tronsmart T428 with the Rom Version Minix_X7_HFW_3.1_by_lewy20041" ?

last question, is it worth the trouble of buying the box Minix Neo X7 or wait for a new box android in 2014 ?

My thoughts on your 2 questions:

I have been running lewy's justXBMC v2 and/or v4 on Lewy's various ROMS and with Finless 1.8. All with all my streaming, and 1080p external HDD files as well.

You can look at my setup in the signature. The box flies, fast and stable with this 3.2 and one of Bob's o/c kernels. Remember though, your unit has o/c and heat issues, the X7 does not. But still try the lewy justxbmc apks to see how they run for you.

The X7 is a great buy right now, if you set it up right, there will be no need to move to another box next year. Tech comes out major every 5months now, you cant keep waiting or wishing, the X7 is top notch quality and specs. With all the MINIX support plus the Devs here building ROMs and kernels, we have nothing but choices to make it the best.

I am personally building this setup to eliminate a huge, 400w+ power monger Win7 HTPC, this box can easily do that, plus Android gaming, emulators, music, browsing, etc, etc on 3 or 4 watts.
                        MINIX Neo X7

Comment

Volume button

Nice version. I like it.
                          Can anybody explain how to put the volume tab + and -?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post

18500 (stock "default")

Or

3.1 ver use oc kernel as a default, and 3.2 use stock.
                            as to xbmc, try my justXBMC or minix beta 2 flying around here on freaktab it will work.
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Not isolated to this rom , but I own three android devices and have noticed that this device is much more ANR trigger happy than my other devices and its only when I'm using the browser and YouTube, thing is the apps don't crash, if I hit wait the app loads a second later. Anyway to increase the ANR timeout value?

I should also mention I have used no bloat to delete the default launcher, rock chip update, asop keyboard and gmail and email and email exchange. To free up memory. Wondering if one of these delete are responsible for anr? I use Nova launcher. Any suggestions

Comment

Thank you for your response, I had already tested justXBMC V2 and V4, they work well,
                                I use version xbmc-frodo-12.1-xaf-neon that works better for me on (T428).

I thought settle in the Tronsmart T428 "XBMC MINIX Edition (Beta 2. Release)"
                                in the ROM "Minix_X7_HFW_3.1_by_lewy20041" was better.
                                but when I run "XBMC MINIX Edition" he said ( this is not a minix device ), So the problem is hardware.

For Link6381, I agree with you, I also try to use the least amount of watts possible.

my Settings:

Tronsmart T428 = +/- 5 Watts
                                Videoprojector ( Acer K135 ) = +/- 50 watts ( display is 95" )
                                Logitech - X 140 Speaker = +/- 5 Watts
                                1 hard disque = +/- 10 Watts
                                -------------------------------------------
                                With my Videoprojector = +/- 70 Watts

With My TV samsung LED 42" = +/- 65 watts in eco mode.

Merry Christmas at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X