Minix X7 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 3.2 by lewy20041

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no videos over the network

I just got my Minix X7 yesterday. I put your rom on and I like that it is nice and lean. Great work!

I have one problem I can't play video files over the network from may harddrive that is connected to the router. It was working on the stock rom though. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

i love your roms from the x5 tell x7 i have only one problem is the the picture and video keep blinking time to time and sound too... i am new to x7 please help maybe i am missing something... i flash the rom i changed kernels...{how to change boot like that will work with kernel) is it apply on boot the one on performance... thanx

i am having bouth system the x5 and x7 ...in this moment i think that the x7 is downgrade to the x5
      Last edited by barenosi; 01-19-2014, 14:34.

Comment

Just got my Minix yesterday and installed your ROM right away. Snappy and clean, so much appreciated.
        Since the X7 is hooked up to my TV in the living room, a decent remote access was needed so I installed "Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon". Adding Dropbear right in the ROM would be a nice addition.

Two things I'm struggling with:
        • NFS mounts: Basically mounting my NAS NFS shares in the ssh shell works nicely, so I created some mount points in /mnt (mounting it RW before) but they would not survive a reboot. Is there any way to make the new folders persistent?
        • When I have the Status bar enabled, I experience regular drop outs of the Ethernet network

Any pointers really appreciated.

Comment

as of nfs mount there are scripts inside /etc/init.d/ to mount shares
          so just edit nfs one and set the erpisions to 755.
          try to put "busybox sleep 20" in the script becouse sometimes its try to mount before network is ready.
          hope it helps
          Everything is possible if we work together!
          ApkFreak

Comment

Thanks for the feedback lewy. Init.d is not my problem.

Code:
            #!/system/bin/sh

#NFS Auto Mount
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/01_current           /mnt/01_Movies
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/02_series            /mnt/02_Series
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/03_documentation     /mnt/03_Documentation
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/04_musical           /mnt/04_Musical 
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/99_archive           /mnt/99_Archive
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/Kinder               /mnt/06_Kids
            busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/Recordings           /mnt/07_Recordings

busybox touch /data/.notfirstboot3
            My problem is that the mount points in mnt do not exist. When I create them, they do not survive a reboot. How can I make them persistent?

Comment

try to add "mkdir /mnt/Movies" etc to your script
              ApkFreak

Comment

Greetings to all and compatriot
                lewy20041 thanks great rom. I have a question.

In addition to watching tv on Minix love to play old games on emulators
                SNES, Amiga, etc.
                I have such a problem that the game animation is not smooth and is stutering and it
                is not the fault emulators.

I tried the ROM overclock the processor but it does not help.
                I think your flash oc kernel did not help.
                Is there a way to do it?

Comment

For anyone running into the same topic, here is the NFS mount script I'm currently using:

Code:
                  #!/system/bin/sh

# Make sure networking is up before mounting
                  busybox sleep 5

# Switch rootfs to read / write
                  # Be carful after this. Misplaced commands may
                  # brick your system
                  busybox mount -o rw,remount /

# Create Mount Points
                  mkdir /mnt/01_Movies
                  mkdir /mnt/02_Series
                  mkdir /mnt/03_Documentation
                  mkdir /mnt/04_Musical 
                  mkdir /mnt/05_Kids
                  mkdir /mnt/06_Recordings
                  mkdir /mnt/99_Archive

# Switch rootfs to read only
                  busybox mount -o ro,remount /

#NFS Auto Mount
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/01_current           /mnt/01_Movies
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/02_series            /mnt/02_Series
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/03_documentation     /mnt/03_Documentation
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/04_musical           /mnt/04_Musical 
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/99_archive           /mnt/99_Archive
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/Kinder               /mnt/05_Kids
                  busybox mount -o rw,nosuid,nodev,nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noatime 192.168.178.8:/srv/Recordings           /mnt/06_Recordings

busybox touch /data/.notfirstboot3

Comment

remount was needed.
                    forgot about it sory;p
                    ApkFreak

Comment

Silly question maybe but I've been trying for hours.

Is is possible to unlock the hdmi screen rotation? I found this :

adb shell setprop persist.demo.hdmirotationlock false

But it doesn't work for me. Any app that i use can 't rotate it. In 4.2 the HDMI out orientation is locked.

I need to rotate it because there is a bug with Spotify that you can't select Extreme Quality without being in portreit mode (bug confirmed on my tablet).

Spotify works great by the way.

Comment

VOLUME BUTTONS

Hi all, is there any way to recover the volume buttons?

Thanks.

Comment

Good day.

Why I can't remove MX Player (MX-HFW.apk) from fw v3.1 and v3.2?
                          When I try do that - after reboot device can't load. stopped on boot animation (waiting ~1 hour).

When I try update MX Player (from Google Play, for example) - after reboot device can't load too.

Comment

Originally posted by babnik80 View Post
                            Hi all, is there any way to recover the volume buttons?

Thanks.
                            i hided it permamently.
                            the only way to bring it back is editing systemUI.apk
                            ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by Race View Post
                              Good day.

Why I can't remove MX Player (MX-HFW.apk) from fw v3.1 and v3.2?
                              When I try do that - after reboot device can't load. stopped on boot animation (waiting ~1 hour).

When I try update MX Player (from Google Play, for example) - after reboot device can't load too.
                              removeing mx shoudnt couse a bootloop:"
                              i will check it.
                              ApkFreak

Comment

Originally posted by lewy20041 View Post
                                removeing mx shoudnt couse a bootloop:"
                                i will check it.
                                I explain correctly: I'm not absolutely sure what bootloop occurs after reboot, but after power off => power on - necessarily

Comment

Working...
                                X