[CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

I find it eery that this rom takes well to -T chips, but not it's big brother Bob, the RK3188. Has logic behind it been determined and stated, or is it a phantom issue? I know it isnt applicable to my stick specifically, but (edit: am wondering why it) seems to run fine on the "T" variant.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
      I find it eery that this rom takes well to -T chips, but not it's big brother Bob, the RK3188. Has logic behind it been determined and stated, or is it a phantom issue? I know it isnt applicable to my stick specifically, but (edit: am wondering why it) seems to run fine on the "T" variant.

It's possible that it's a board issue and not the cpu itself. If you follow neomode's threads, he identified at least 3 different boards and issues of compatibility with each.

You might want to try this on your stick, provided you have a backup plan.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
        It's possible that it's a board issue and not the cpu itself. If you follow neomode's threads, he identified at least 3 different boards and issues of compatibility with each.

You might want to try this on your stick, provided you have a backup plan.

The tv stick in reference is an MK802IV AP6210. To the best of my knowledge and research there only three revisions to the IV line; RK3188 w/ RTL8188, RK3188 w/ AP6210, and RK8188-T w/AP6210. The first two variants may have slight board differences to accomodate the switch away from the RTL8188 chipset, but that should be all. The PCB needed no alteration to facilitate the -T, as the ball layout is identical.
        Magnus33 went full boot using this rom on his MK802IV -T, yet my stick failed in first few seconds on all three flash attempts and a number of tries to boot. The issue has to be in coding somewhere. Im sure of it.
        Thankfully I do have a factory recovery image to rely on when custom rom loads go bad. Going to keep trying. This weekend will bring some luck with a QS 3.1 KK flash, I hope.

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
        Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
        uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
        iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
        Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

works on mine mk-802 iv to. new wifi and and probobly the T version.

Comment

Hi,

I have got my MK902 on Friday, so I'm new to this buisness here.

I don't understand the warning about brick the device by come from loader 2.x to 1.x very well.

How I can check, which loader is used on my device?
            My MK902 came with a KitKat 4.4.2 preloaded from a italian distributor. Can I reagrard preoblems by install the Quickshot v3 ROM, or respectively v3.1 ?

thanks and greets,
            docno

Comment

Originally posted by docno View Post
              Hi,

I have got my MK902 on Friday, so I'm new to this buisness here.

I don't understand the warning about brick the device by come from loader 2.x to 1.x very well.

How I can check, which loader is used on my device?
              My MK902 came with a KitKat 4.4.2 preloaded from a italian distributor. Can I reagrard preoblems by install the Quickshot v3 ROM, or respectively v3.1 ?

thanks and greets,
              docno
              When you open the flash program you can see the bootloader version.
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                When you open the flash program you can see the bootloader version.

Thank you for your help. The flashprogramm is the RKDeviceManager.exe? I'm right?

Comment

Yup
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                    Yup
                    Thank you. I think, I can understand the next steps by my one.

Comment

Working...
                    X