• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

THe NiTRo TeaM PreSeNTs
    -------------------------------
    *****QuickShoT v3*****

This one has been our first rom for the mk902, we hope you will enjoy this rom as much as we did while developing it. First we were almost done for the first JellyBean based rom, then we had the chance to build from sources, and we did it, we restarted from scratch. We tried with this rom to reach all profiles, basic and advanced, we made custom kernels for all, a really easy way (noob friendly) to flash kernels/patches and update rom, a modded xbmc version that is ready for hacked libmedia and a little selection of useful apps. We hope you will have a really nice experience with this custom firmware.

Changelog:

- KiTKaT!!
    - Custom Kernel 1080p by default
    - Built from sources
    - Rooted
    - Busybox updated
    - All the google apps up to date.
    - Added init.d support
    - adb by tcp ( wifi or ethernet) by default
    - Nano editor added
    - Tcp tweaks added
    - Minix Launcher MOD by NitroTeaM
    - Dolphin as default browser. We did this because is the only one that supports flash in a usable way in kitkat. Remember to turn on the plugin, is disabled by default.
    - Apps Preinstalled: EsFileExplorer, Mxplayer, Dolphin, Tincore Keymapper, Reboot, xbmc gotham, adblock, terminal emulator, Sony Walkman, ehomemediacenter, flash player hacked, etc... All the apps are installed as user so you can uninstall the ones you don't like
    - QuickFlasher and Keymapper from Tincore
    - Support for some flymouse, f10, f10pro, i25..etc
    - Setup Wizard added
    - SmartTV sytle mouse pointer
    - jcmcm66 XBMZ compiled by netguto with passtrough activates automatically and tematized by TNT.(We need a working libmedia.so yet)
    - Minix Launcher modded by us
    - TWRP recovery is automatically installed on first boot.
    - Quickshot-Update system. This was introduced on V2 as an easy update method, you just need to copy the update files we provide under /sdcard or on your "real" sd-card and reboot.
    - A ton of kernels, 1080p/720p with several different overclock values. Remember, Overclock can damage your system, you use this at your own risk. We do this all the time As a plus, if you flash a 720p kernel the "small icons" patch is applied automatically, and if you flash a 1080p kernel then "big icons" patch is applied. This works for both methods, quickshot-update and quickflasher.
    - Some other Tweaks
    - Clear ALL Button added to the tasks manager, you can see it on top right of the screen.
    - xbox360 pad patch made by Casadroide from Androidpc.es
    - NFS example script included under /system/etc/init.d , just edit to suit your needs and you will have your nfs shares mounted every boot. In some cases it can give permission denied, to solve this just add "setenforce permissive" on the second line in the script.

Kernel Features:
    -NTFS and ExFat support added in kernel.
    -SMB and NFS support built in kernel.
    -DTS and AC3 passthrough support. (Not in XBMC yet)
    -Added new governors and IOSchedulers.
    -Device LED working.
    -You can choose between real 720p or real 1080p kernels.
    -Various overclocking values: Select them using a kernel name with:
    cpuxxxx: xxxx is cpu speed Ej:cpu1608 is cpu at 1608 MHz
    ddrxxx: xxx is DDR speed Ej: ddr667 is DDR at 667 Mhz
    gpuxxx: xxx is GPU speed, and "h" behind is that only high speed steps are enabled:
    gpu600: speed values from 133MHz to 600Mhz.
    gpu600h:speed values from 400MHz to 600Mhz.
    gpu798: speed values from 266MHz to 798Mhz.
    gpu798h:speed values from 600MHz to 798Mhz.
    - RK3188T unlocked and easy identify in dmesg log. Thanks to d33 and wasserfor their help.

Take care ifyou comeback from loader 2.xx (kitkat) to Loader 1.xx (Jellybeans) You can brick your device.
    See this:

Known Bugs:

- Launcher Bug The quick launcher icons (lower side of the screen) are not centered when using small icons on 1080p kernels
    - Launcher Bug The first time you run dolphin from the quick launch icon, the shortcut jumps to desktop and you have to move it to its place again. It looks like the dolphin jumps out of the fish tank xD
    - A2 remote bug regarding the sound output, you can workaround this by using the app soundabout, you can find it on the playstore.
    - On some screens you can see a 1s blackout in certain circumstances
    - in XBMC passthought is not working properly, we need a hacked libmedia.so.
    - When you record a video using the embedded camera the video recorded is flipped up at down, but using skipe the camera is working great.

Thanks to

To MSX2 and ZX81, administrators from http://androidpc.es/
    To all people here in freaktab.com
    To RKM for its colaboration
    To abdul_pt for its great TWRP
    To Petrus for its reboot app
    To d33 and wasser for their help with the kernel
    To Casadroide from http://androidpc.es/ por its xbox pad patch
    To SoulStyle for its nfs script
    To jcmcm and netguto for xbmcz
    To Superatmel from the Superteam
    To our betatesters:
    - Casadroide from http://androidpc.es/
    - Akinator from Forocoches
    - Ciberus from Forocoches
    - Rdsok from Freaktab
    - JDFense from Freaktab

IF YOU WANT TO INVITE US SOME COFFEE OR BEER
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

DOWNLOADS:

ROM FOR FLASH FROM PC (includes drivers):HERE // HERE
    md5 d4339853d419cd738c40372db179442c

When you flash a kernel, regardless the method you use (quickflasher or quickshot-update.zip) the icons patch is applied automatically. So if you flash a 1080p kernel then big icons is applied and if you flash a 720p kernel , small icons is applied.

1080p KERNELPACK FOR QUICKFLASHER:HERE // HERE
    md5 44675ea72980935e0354906ca601e3e9

720p KERNELPACK FOR QUICKFLASHER: HERE//HERE
    md5 cde8ee178abcb8d27b6b5fb608a52922

1080p KERNELPACK FOR QUICKSHOT-UPDATE:HERE
    md5 5597995dc1c9e9d4cbd1730bb7f89305

720p KERNELPACK FOR QUICKSHOT-UPDATE:HERE
    md5 efed1492faefc08bb0aee5028cdf027c

PATCHES
    Small/Big Icons Patches. Just in case..

PATCH Small Icons HERE
    md5 dc308d369dee4aa4e10c8e2f7d64e639

PATCH Big Icons HERE
    md5 fef2abb424526c2e83abd227e0824bb3

ROCKCHIP APPS PACK deleted from compilation HERE
    md5 06ee1db5f25fd4bbe82094449ffeffdc

WINDOWS APP TizzNFS, to create NFS shares in a easy way HERE
    md5 da7c9dc1cca712646a553e5288a30c60

BUY US SOME COFFEE
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

CONFIGURATION RECOMENDATIONS:

Go to settings, in WiFi section, if you use wifi, we recommend that you press the 3 dots points that appear in the top right of the screen, select Advanced settings and deactivate WIFI optimization, our Android tvbox uses no battery and it is better to have wifi to 100% always. -Please do the same with Ethernet, if you don't use it, disable it. -In the screen section, you can set multiple values, in scaled screen we must adjust the bar to match the edges of our android system with our TV or screen. -if we want an icon for screenshot in our system tray we can activate it in settings/screenshotsettings. -in the applications section, we have all that come installed with the rom, we have included the apps we consider essential, but are all as user applications, so if them bother you, you can remove them without problems. -In language and text input, we have a couple of options that we recommend, Tincore Keymapper, to configure your input devices: pads, josticks, airmouse, keyboards, etc... and NULL INPUT METHOD, a very usefull application that prevents Google Keyboard to be displayed if you're using external keyboard. By default, I advise you to install any of these two. Also if you use external keyboard we recommend to try apps like "external keyboard helper". - ADBlock is preinstalled and up to date, but disabled by default. If you want ads to be blocked, open the app and activate it. - Flash plugin is disabled by default on Dolphin, to activate it you have to click on the dolphin icon that is beside the address bar, then a window comes up, click on the very first icon on upper left, then Web content-->Flash Player and set it to Allways on. - If you use the nfs example script in init.d, after editing to suit your needs remember to set the executable bit because is disabled by default.

INSTALL FROM WIN XP/7:

USING QUICKSHOT-UPDATE.ZIP METHOD TO APPLY PATCHES OR TO FLASH KERNELS (noobs friendly method)

Step 1. Download the special quickshot-update kernel pack you like more, there are two, 720p and 1080p.
      Step 2. Open the zip file, you will see some folders inside. The name of this folders correspond to the properties of the kernel inside.
      Step 3. Open the folder you like more and you will see a quickshot-update.zip file inside, copy that file to a (real) sd card (fat32 formatted) or copy it to the internal memory under /sdcard/
      Step 4. Reboot (not power off, just reboot) and wait.
      Step 5. Done! Your kernel is flashed and the corresponding icons patch is automatically applied. If you used a real SD card (not the internal memory) remember to pull out the card when done and delete the file.

HOW TO USE QUICKFLASHER TO FLASH PATCHES OR KERNELS

FEEL FREE TO BUY US SOME COFFEE OR BEER IF YOU WANT

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Thank you for buying me a beer

Comment

i will install the rom tonight....
        gracias por el esfuerzo!!
        MK808B K.I.A.
        MK908 Finless ROM 1.7a + Mele F10
        CR11S Quickshot V3.1, 720p kernel @1,7GHz, GPU600, DDR720 + Mele F10
        MK902 Quickshot V3.1 1080p @1,8 GHz, GPU 600, DDR720 + Mele F10
        GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

sorry for no english

Primero que todo mil disculpas por escribir en español....(tengo poco tiempo...)

No pude probar la rom en mi mk902 pero si en mi CR11S (RK3188T)... durante el fin de semana lo probaré en el mk902..

Solo pruebas preliminares (30 minutos)
          Overclock funciona!!!... 19100 puntos en antutu con kernel 1080 1704/600/667...
          funciona el encender el equipo al encender el TV

la ROM es bastante fluida... todo lo que probe hasta el momento funciona muy bien
          Excelente trabajo....

muchas gracias y felicitaciones....

Son los putos amos!!!
          Saludos
          MK808B K.I.A.
          GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

gracias, en cr11s veras la cámara del revés, trabajamos en ello para hacer la rom compatible.
            Thank you, on cr11 you will see the camera upside down. we are working on it to make the rom compatible.

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
              gracias, en cr11s veras la cámara del revés, trabajamos en ello para hacer la rom compatible.
              Thank you, on cr11 you will see the camera upside down. we are working on it to make the rom compatible.
              yes.... it's upside down... is for the kernel right??? it would be great have a 100% compatible rom!!.... in a possible QUICKSHOT v4, please include more parameters for different partition sizes....

greetings
              MK808B K.I.A.
              GT-I9505 OMEGA ROM

Comment

Originally posted by sonoman View Post
                yes.... it's upside down... is for the kernel right??? it would be great have a 100% compatible rom!!.... in a possible QUICKSHOT v4, please include more parameters for different partition sizes....

greetings
                Yup , it's for the kernel, we are working on a compatible kernel
                We will consider about the parameters in a possible quickshot v4.

Comment

Is there any chance this ROM and kernel would work on MK802IV?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: [CUSTOM ROM] [MK902] QUICKSHOT v3 by THe NiTRo TeaM

Originally posted by milanj View Post

it's different hardware so probably is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by milanj View Post

In the ap6210 version of the stick it must work, but I can't assure you 100% working, because it has some different things.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                      Enviado desde el telefono.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)
                      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        In the ap6210 version of the stick it must work, but I can't assure you 100% working, because it has some different things.

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                        For my mk802iv isn`t working. I take only artifacts and bootloop.

Comment

Originally posted by babnik80 View Post
                          For my mk802iv isn`t working. I take only artifacts and bootloop.
                          Then sorry, we don't have that device

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            Then sorry, we don't have that device

Leolas

Sent by my phone.
                            I can confirm QS3 doesn't work with my MK802IV stick either. If the kernel is based on the unlocked d33 kernels, this stick will likely not work due to the overclocking. The only D33 kernel I could make work is the kernel_kk_4.0_NOGPU_DRR.img labelled as kernel_AP6210_v400_testers.zip. This stick is very picky with O/C. Most new kernel do not work with it. The older ones d33 V2.07 and back worked fine.

Interestingly enough, wasser's kernel for 1.01 work well enough but lacks the driver or is broken for wired ethernet, wireless lan and bluetooth

I currently run wasser 1.01 with the kernel_kk_4.0_NOGPU_DRR.img outlined above. Work quite well, struggles with 1080p video on xbmc gotham. For this mx player is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ynot123 View Post
                              I can confirm QS3 doesn't work with my MK802IV stick either. If the kernel is based on the unlocked d33 kernels, this stick will likely not work due to the overclocking. The only D33 kernel I could make work is the kernel_kk_4.0_NOGPU_DRR.img labelled as kernel_AP6210_v400_testers.zip. This stick is very picky with O/C. Most new kernel do not work with it. The older ones d33 V2.07 and back worked fine.

Interestingly enough, wasser's kernel for 1.01 work well enough but lacks the driver or is broken for wired ethernet, wireless lan and bluetooth

I currently run wasser 1.01 with the kernel_kk_4.0_NOGPU_DRR.img outlined above. Work quite well, struggles with 1080p video on xbmc gotham. For this mx player is fine.
                              Thanks for the feedback. Just to let you know, our kernel is own work, built from sources

Comment

Working...
                              X