X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK902 - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p and 720p ROMs

Hi guys,

This are the latest stable roms for the MK902. You have 1080p rom and 720p rom, extra kernels for each and for those who prefer one file update same as the stock you can download the firmware version of each rom.

OLD V1 ROM 1080p

Download 1080p ROM Style and Kernels

Download 1080p FW Style (one update.img file)

OLD V1 ROM 720p

Download 720p ROM Style and Kernels

Download 720p FW Style (one update.img file)

------ NEW V2 ROM ------

New versión ROM:

On the rom side, I fixed few bugs with the daemon and update the supersu and binary to latest version 2.01, install twrp recovery, added few more apps, remove the beyondxbmc as in kitkat the HW acceleration doesn’t work yet, change the default wallpaper to a simple brushed aluminium look, modified the Launher3.

Beside the standard apps, the new apps installed in this rom are:

- Antutu – Benchmark app.
    - Autorun – This app allow you to automatically start one or more apps when the unit starts.
    - No-frills CPU control – Allow you to change the CPU max and minimum, and governors.
    - Reboot by petrus – Updated to v 1.2.2
    - SPMC 13.2 – XBMC for RK3188
    - Terminal Emulator
    - textdroider_dpi – allow you to change the dpi to a smaller or larger one.
    - install TWRP recovery.

On the kernel side, I implemented the video shutter fix, modify the rockchip hdmi drivers so if it doesn’t mute when the HDMI is disconnected or in case the SOC detects your connection as DVI.

The kernels are now compressed, mainly to prevent patching not by you fine people but by company that uses the ROM made by the great devs from Freaktab. We put allot of work and hours into this ROMs and few companies think that if they download than patch the kernel with their brand its theirs, not fairs. So here are my terms for using this rom. As a private user and as a member of this page you can use the rom as you like, without any limitation what so ever, but I would appreciate if you leave my boot animation, it’s all I have to show after all. If you want to use the ROM commercially, you cannot remove any of the branding from the ROM and from the Kernel, you can use it as you wish but as it is, if you want to change it you can get in touch with any dev from this side only.

Now all that been said let’s get back to the kernel. I created 12 versions. The kernels marked h have only high frequency’s.

For example a kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 312, 504, 816, 1008, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU can drop all the way to 312 when not used allow the unit to run cooler and more stable. The kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 1200, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU will only drop as 1.2 as min speed the box will run hotter but you get more points on benchmark (not real performance).

Download MK902_1080p_V4.4_smic717394.V2

**** Update 31/10/2014 ****

Here are the latest version of the ROM, sorry for the camera, it was fixed before but when I compiled V2 I used the old camera drivers. Its now fixed, also included 24Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz to all kernels. Bellow are the Antutu score for each kernel. The safest are 1.6, 1.7, 1.6_667 and 1.7_667

kernels_MK902_4.4_V2

1.6: 21595
    1.6_460: 22549
    1.6_667: 24165
    1.6h_460: 22685
    1.6h_667: 24130

1.7: 22890
    1.7_460: 23174
    1.7_667: 24762
    1.7h_460: 23462
    1.7h_667: 24465

1.8: 23518
    1.8_460: 23734 (unstable)
    1.8_667: 25522
    1.8h_460: 23850 (unstable)
    1.8h_667: 25728

Special thanks to:

Michelle from Rikomagic
    scooter2014
    leolas
    Petrus
    Finless Bob
    900supersport
    Last edited by smic717394; 10-31-2014, 21:21. Reason: new rom
    For all your computer problems...
    http://www.salvamipc.es

Homemade Cooling system for MK902...

Hi guys,

If you interested in a home made cooling system, that you can do it yourself with few things you have around the house, check out my other thread.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?14607-Cooling-fan-for-MK902-or-any-Android-TV-box&p=196742#post196742

Comment

Kernel for 3188full request please

hi SMIC your custom rom running really well on my mk 809III rk3188 full (non-T) only problem for me si that whatever kernel I install the clock remains fixed cpu overclock to 1.4 i' ve used overclockMatic also not good and fluide because he says that not ddr gpu and possible patch. Becouse result Reserved! could you create a kernel compiled for rk 3188 and full ap6210? I do not want much. unfortunately I am not able! thanks advance! I hope possibie for you

Comment

Re: MK902 - KitKat 4.4 - SMIC717394 ---- 1080p and 720p ROMs

Originally posted by play View Post
        hi SMIC your custom rom running really well on my mk 809III rk3188 full (non-T) only problem for me si that whatever kernel I install the clock remains fixed cpu overclock to 1.4 i' ve used overclockMatic also not good and fluide because he says that not ddr gpu and possible patch. Becouse result Reserved! could you create a kernel compiled for rk 3188 and full ap6210? I do not want much. unfortunately I am not able! thanks advance! I hope possibie for you
        you want me to make a rom for your 809III? I can try but I cat test it because I don't have a 809III

Are yiu sure u dont have a T? There is a tool on freaktab to check whether u have a T or not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello Big SMIC, I want to thank you first of all for having responded to me and for your willingness to try to create this kernel. I have always followed your great job, but as I told you all of your custom rom on my mk809III running at 1.4GHz with any kernel centenuto in it, also 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 immediately after the flash remain unchanged with my tests on AnTuTu. 1.4 ghz cpu forever! I think it is because your kernel is based on cpu 3188T.
          I am sure you have full rk3188 (not T) because I used the app you suggest, but I also removed the heatsink and 3188 shows no T, I'll try to post pictures soon after. I'm sorry if I ask you to help me but unfortunately I was not able to create a kernel for my mk809III.
          I think to test the kernel if thou be building, I do not know how to technically do but I could send you a working kernel extracted from my device NeoMode 3.1 for rk3188 and ap6210, it is possible for you to extract the information of 3188 full and patch your kernel? please is the only way for me to have a kitkat fantastic and the real 1080P! with the other rom was fine even at 1.4 ghz. but with your last smic final 1080 1.4 ghz is too short and does not run smoothly. patchomatic not patch ddr gpu and so I need your help! :-/
          expect a reply! Thank you. and sorry for my english. use google translator :-)
          Last edited by play; 06-26-2014, 12:20. Reason: error

Comment

My cpu
            Attached Files

Comment

I removed sink on my mk902 and it says RK3188 as well. Not T version. Ooops i didn't noticed, that you are not talking about mk902, sorry my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by tobr View Post
                I removed sink on my mk902 and it says RK3188 as well. Not T version. Ooops i didn't noticed, that you are not talking about mk902, sorry my fault.
                I think MK902 is only RK3188, you should be able to flash the kernel with 1.6 and 1.7. I can overclock it more to 1.8 and 1.9 if anybody wants, i just dot want to fry anybodies unit, beside 1.6 run perfectly with 1080p videos, and Antutu over 19000 points, so pretty decent.

Checkout my other thread with the homemade fan I had mind done for this forum few days ago and unit is very stable, and nice and cold.

Comment

My cpu
                  That is super strange, I´ll have a look and compile a kernel for you. Few questions. What make is your unit? Is the board model MTC-T010. Is yours the ap6210 (wifi/BT)? and last with my kernel does your wifi, bt and lan work?

Comment

I know it's super strange .. this is my last chance you to help me .. I flash any kernel of your rom smic, my cpu is 1.4 ghz. also smic v1, v2, v3. but what interests me is the last relase quest to 1080p. everything works perfectly both wifi bt only that I can not go over 1.4 ghz with your overclock kernel. overclockmatick works but does not patch and ddr gpu properly. mk809III is my HTC-T010-v2 23.05.2013
                    I believe w2comp
                    ap6210
                    with all your kernel work correctly wifi and bt
                    I'm hoping for a 1.8 ghz kernel
                    thanks for the help;-)

Comment

kernel_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr800.zip

This is the kernel that I use is that it goes well .. if it is possible for you to extract the information you need to create a kernel 1080p for me and people like me who have this problem. because this is not real 1080p

Comment

[ATTACH]6821[/ATTACH]

This is the kernel that I use is that it goes well .. if it is possible for you to extract the information you need to create a kernel 1080p for me and people like me who have this problem. because this is not real 1080p
                        Hi,

With this kernel you get over 1.4? To make your kernel 1080p you neet to either patch it or get the source and compile the kernel. This kernel is compressed so you cant patch it.

Comment

is this kernel with my mk809III runs perfectly .. 1.8 is the kernel of NeoMode 3.1 overclocked with overclockmatic, I have to be able to send compressed ... so you can not do anything to help me? do it with your own kernel with this?

Comment

is this kernel with my mk809III runs perfectly .. 1.8 is the kernel of NeoMode 3.1 overclocked with overclockmatic, I have to be able to send compressed ... so you can not do anything to help me? do it with your own kernel with this?

I have the same problem. I had an MK809III with true RK3188 (still have this one), and recently gave away a few with RK3188T's.

The RK3188T's will take all the current kitkat firmwares no problem - I installed Quickshot 3.1 on them before giving them away. It's ironic, since I almost returned them for being RK3188T.

My MK809III with true RK3188 will only work with Jellybean roms, or Neomode's KitKat (720P).

If you care about 1080P more than you do KitKat - I recommend installing SMIC717394's 1080P Jellybean rom. It's the best that I've found yet for my stick. Every few hours I have an app (mostly netflix) force close, but otherwise it's very fast at 1080P.

I still hope Neomode will fix/update his rom someday.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                              I have the same problem. I had an MK809III with true RK3188 (still have this one), and recently gave away a few with RK3188T's.

The RK3188T's will take all the current kitkat firmwares no problem - I installed Quickshot 3.1 on them before giving them away. It's ironic, since I almost returned them for being RK3188T.

My MK809III with true RK3188 will only work with Jellybean roms, or Neomode's KitKat (720P).

If you care about 1080P more than you do KitKat - I recommend installing SMIC717394's 1080P Jellybean rom. It's the best that I've found yet for my stick. Every few hours I have an app (mostly netflix) force close, but otherwise it's very fast at 1080P.

I still hope Neomode will fix/update his rom someday.

For the809III try this 2 kernels, 1.6 and 1.7. Is a long shot since I dont have the config, the sdk or the device to test it. I set the frequency to maximum always. Also download the app included and try to see whats the max cpu it shows and try to set it to max.

No-Frills APP
                              Kernel1.6
                              Kernel1.7

Comment

Working...
                              X