[ROM][4.4.2] REAL 1080P on CYX_809III V5_2 20141105 MK809III RTL8723BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM][4.4.2] REAL 1080P on CYX_809III V5_2 20141105 MK809III RTL8723BS

After trying numerous ROMs without success and always getting "boot loops", I finally found a way to activate REAL 1080P on my Android Mini PC!!
    This is NOT scaled 720p! The display resolution of 1920x1080 was confirmed with the Hardware Info app from Google Play.

Model: CYX_809III V5_2 20141105 with RK3188 CPU and WiFi/BT chip RTL8723BS (2G RAM, 8G NAND)

Click image for larger version

Name:	UP67lib.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	501325

Name:	5667152.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	500509 Click image for larger version

Name:	5667154.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	500510 Click image for larger version

Name:	5667153.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	500511 Click image for larger version

Name:	5667150.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	500515

Name:	kkdFDWm.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	500516 Click image for larger version

Name:	qisXXkY.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	500517 Click image for larger version

Name:	OJQLAss.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	500910 Click image for larger version

Name:	1NTbmpH.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	500911

(Photo sources: [1] [2] and [3])

*** If you don't have this EXACT model, STOP reading here! ***

WARNING: Flashing a new ROM WILL ERASE EVERYTHING on your device! BACKUP ALL DATA including the internal SD card before proceeding!
    You assume all the risks and I am NOT responsible if you lose data or "brick" your device!

Here's the long story of how I did it. DO NOT follow the steps! Just read them and scroll down to the next section.

--- Begin Long Story ---

1. First, I downloaded this ROM: MK809III,UH007B_8723bs_4.4_1080_20140924, which can be found at:
    http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....-firmware.html
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

https://mega.co.nz/#!Z10mgYhT!SdubLh...hNMbX1bNeIrPBs

2. I flashed the ROM above using the "RKBatchTool V1.7" (see bottom of post for links). After flashing, it did NOT work and resulted in a boot loop. Next, using the following ROM backup tool, I made a dump of the "system.img" of the above ROM.
    http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...w-RK-2-1-tool=

3. I then flashed the ONLY "working" ROM for this Mini PC (but 720p!), cyxtech_rk31_809iii_8723bs_141216_4.4_8g1g, which can be found at:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...mware-t2972279
    百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

https://mega.co.nz/#!JlFFnb7Q!LyFbSf...qKaInZc7ianO50

4. Using the ROM backup tool above, I made a dump of the "parameter.txt" file of this "working" ROM. Then I modified the parameter.txt to account for the larger system.img from Step 2, which I will flash in the next step. I then made a dump of all other partitions from this ROM, and packaged them in my new ROM below.

5. Finally, using AndroidTool V2.3 OR RKAndroidTool v1.37 (see link below), I flashed the system.img which I dumped in Step 2 (from the ROM in Step 1). Before flashing it I had to load the modified parameter.txt file from Step 4. Then I rebooted and Voila! I was able to switch to real 1080p in the settings.
    --- End Long Story ---

For your convenience, I have created a new ROM. All partitions were extracted from the "working" ROM in Step 3, with the exception of "system.img" which is from the ROM in Step 1. In other words, this is a "hybrid" ROM made from (1) and (3)! As mentioned above, the "parameter.txt" was edited to account for the larger system.img.

When flashing this ROM in AndroidTool V2.3 OR RKAndroidTool v1.37 (see link below), first click on "EraseIDB" (低格) to remove all existing NAND contents (make sure you have backups!) Then select ALL of the following: Loader, Parameter, Misc, Kernel, Boot, Recovery, System. Put a checkmark in front of each one (including Parameter) and be sure to choose the actual file from the extracted archive by clicking on the rightmost column of each item. Clear other checkmarks, double check everything and when ready, click the "Run" (执行) button.

Your Android stick should auto-reboot right after the flashing is done. Therefore, it is recommended to connect the USB power cable (if you have a spare one) while flashing, and when finished, let the Android stick initialize for some minutes before unplugging it from power.

This ROM contains Android version 4.4.2 (KitKat). To activate 1080p, you MUST go to Settings -> Display -> Screen -> HDMI Mode and choose a 1080p resolution. SuperSU is installed BUT the system does not seem to be rooted. If you get a notification that the NAND Flash cannot be mounted, just click on it and you will be prompted to format it.

Again, if you do not have the EXACT device model mentioned in this post, STOP here and don't flash!

Download link for my new ROM (from Yandex Disk):

(MD5 sum: 41d0149be7876516c0a614d9285fc999)

Alternative download mirrors:
    https://bit.ly/809iii-1080p-rom-mirror1 (from Dropbox)
    https://bit.ly/809iii-1080p-rom-mirror2 (from 4Shared)

The various tools for flashing the ROM, and related instructions can be found here:

(To enter "loader mode", power off your android stick, then press and hold the Fn button on its side,
    while connecting the usb cable from "OTG port" to your computer)

If you use this ROM please share your experience by replying to this thread!
    Comments and feedback are welcome!

FYI ONLY - The following are NOT needed unless you need to recover from a "bricked" device:
    How to enter MASKROM mode and flash using the RKBatchTool (requires full image of the original ROM or another "working" ROM):
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...fter-the-flash
    http://linux-rockchip.info/mw/index....s#MASKROM_Mode
    Last edited by hwdsl2; 05-22-2015, 00:13.

Awesome, thanks! I've downloaded the new ROM and will test soon!

**Update**

I did a low level format, used Android tool do install all the files, but when I plug it into the tv, it doesn't even see that there is a HDMI device connected.....
    Last edited by Veldkornet; 05-17-2015, 20:53.

Comment

**Update**

An issue with the new ROM was identified and fixed as of 7PM UTC on 05/18/2015. The updated ROM containing the fix had been uploaded. If you downloaded the ROM prior to the date/time above, please re-download it from the link in the first post and follow the instructions again.

All flashing instructions have been tested on my own device and confirmed working.
      Last edited by hwdsl2; 05-19-2015, 20:55.

Comment

All working now after the update! 1080p in Kodi now, whoop whoop!

Comment

where can idownload the last update rom?
          can u send me the link plz

Comment

Originally posted by zdns View Post
            where can idownload the last update rom?
            can u send me the link plz
            Hi zdns, please use the ROM download links in the first post above to get the updated ROM, the files have been updated.

Comment

I have managed to root by doing the following download kingoroot to PC and put TV stick in USB debug Then unrooted and then root it again using kingokoot after this I installed super su from play store and updated the su rebooted and disabled kingsu in app manager

Comment

FYI, the only thing that I've found which doesn't work properly is my remote control. I have a Epsilon Mele Flymouse F10, and the home button etc doesn't work.
                Used to work fine with the stock firmware, not sure if this is just a setting somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Veldkornet View Post
                  FYI, the only thing that I've found which doesn't work properly is my remote control. I have a Epsilon Mele Flymouse F10, and the home button etc doesn't work.
                  Used to work fine with the stock firmware, not sure if this is just a setting somewhere...
                  Is it only the home button? Some keymaps have the home button as in home, page up, page down, etc. Look up Multilanguage Keyboard Remapper in play store to disable soft keyboard and remap home to home.
                  Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
                  I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
                  RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

is it working for my mk 809iiiB RTL8723BS ?

Comment

Hello, ignorant question ..
                      I have a MK809III and disarm says "CYX_809III V5_2 20141105" as in the picture, but I can not read the network card model because it is illegible. My model also has wifi antennas ..
                      Seeing that mine says "CYX_809III 20,141,105 V5_2" I assume that this rom is for me? or I need more information?

Thank you.

Comment

Does it look like the crab?
                        Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
                        I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
                        RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
                          Does it look like the crab?
                          it is like:
                          Now I try version v4 .. and tell you if it works
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I see all the files there except for Loader? is this supposed to come with a working Rom? then point the others from your folder?
                            I successfully loaded another ROM with the RKAndroid Tool but everything was already in that folder
                            Update:
                            Found the file I was looking for but it didn't work with mine maybe I did something wrong. The one that did work was MK809III,UH007B_8723bs_4.4_1080_20140924 for my MK809IV
                            Last edited by onlocash; 10-27-2015, 21:40. Reason: updated

Comment

can someone plz send me the last rom with 1080 ,i have the same minipc dongle like in the pic
                              or where can i download it?

Comment

Working...
                              X