MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video jittering

This rom still has the micro jitter problem when playing videos. I've lost hope that a fix will ever be available. MK802 iv will be **** bound. Ill pick a rasberry pi instead.

Originally posted by BrunoNRG View Post
    Neo is the download link for the repacked zip file the same that is on the first post?

Edit: Zip file extraction complete without errors, now flashing...

Looking very good so far (still no screenshot function so I took the photo with my cellphone)

I'm using sam321 720p extreme overclock kernel, wifi also seems stable

Thanks neo!!!!

Comment

Wifi improved, when compared to 4.2.2 official firmware, but on 4.1.1 was even better, instead of dropping to 1/2mbps a few minutes after connecting, now drops to 4/5mbps, on 4.1.1 I get a stable 12/15mbps download speed. Appart from that, it would be nice to see the screenshot function or similar app added and a way to install cwm, everything else I use is working great and with very good system performance.

Great job neo!

Comment

I will see to Improve the WiFi Connection.
        For the Screenshot i will take a look how to add it to System.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          I will see to Improve the WiFi Connection.
          For the Screenshot i will take a look how to add it to System.

Neomode
          Thanks Neo!

This is what I think that could improve, others might have different problems / opinions

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and thank you, Neomode, for the improved ROM and your hard work. The new upload unpacked and flashed without issue. Working great so far, except for Netflix... which is an issue I've had since day one.

If anyone out there has had success getting netflix to work reliably, can you point me in the right direction please?

Comment

You can help me with it.
              Take Ultra Explorer and go to /data/apps/com.netfilx and send me the xml file
              that you find there to my Mail Adress.
              [email protected]

Thank You

Neomode

Comment

Hello,

can i install this rom on my MK802 IV S?
                In Germany only a stick with 16 GB Storage is sold, in other countries are sticks sold with 8 GB storage...

thx...

Comment

Hallo,

Ja dies sollte ohne Probleme gehen. Falls du insgesammt zu wenig Speicher angezeigt
                  bekommst nach dem Flashen sage es mir.

Es sollte aber alles glatt gehen.

Neomode

Comment

This might seem like a stupid question, but after trying a few kernels and getting very different regarding wifi, I really have to ask... Is there any chance that a kernel will affect / improve wifi performance? Thanks

Comment

Hallo,

Ja dies sollte ohne Probleme gehen. Falls du insgesammt zu wenig Speicher angezeigt
                      bekommst nach dem Flashen sage es mir.

Es sollte aber alles glatt gehen.

Neomode
                      Hello,

many thx for the replay in german, i will try on sunday to flash the stick, is there anywhere a step by step howto flash the stick? in the archive i only found the costum rom and the drivers...

thx...

Comment

I dont think so, for me WiFi Works o.k. But i keep on Working for a Solution for the WiFi.
                        I have different AP in the House and will try all of it, because they are from different Manufactors.
                        Will see if i can this Sideeffect you Talk about.
                        By the Way let me ask, have you try the Software Wifi Analyzer to see if all is ok.
                        Sometimes it can help to change the Chanel.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by KoLSMS View Post
                          Hello,

many thx for the replay in german, i will try on sunday to flash the stick, is there anywhere a step by step howto flash the stick? in the archive i only found the costum rom and the drivers...

thx...
                          I will make one.

Neomode

Comment

MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Right now i dont have notice any Jitter.
                            Based on my super brief trial it seemed okay using BBC iPlayer. The image quality was not as good as my raspberry pi but it was as good as I get on my rk3066 sticks. However it was a lot better than my cx-919.

When I ran Netflix it crashed on loading.

Comment

I dont think so, for me WiFi Works o.k. But i keep on Working for a Solution for the WiFi.
                              I have different AP in the House and will try all of it, because they are from different Manufactors.
                              Will see if i can this Sideeffect you Talk about.
                              By the Way let me ask, have you try the Software Wifi Analyzer to see if all is ok.
                              Sometimes it can help to change the Chanel.

Neomode
                              The router I have at home is a Netgear Wireless Cable Voice Gateway CVG834G
                              (I don't know if this helps), and the internet service I have is a 15mbps connection.

I use Wifi Analyzer, results are not always the same, as well as the recommended wifi channel...

These two screenshots where taken on 4.1.1 ofw

It can detect many wifi connections

My home wifi is Defcon6, signal strenght is always excelent / full bars, but speed drops from 12/15 to 4/5mbps (sometimes even less) after a few minutes of connection. I don't think this is a router problem, all other devices (2 android smartphones [I think we have the same phone: Samsung gt-i9305], 2 laptops, 1 ps3) I have at home work perfectly and get a constant download / upload speed, and also did the mk802iv but only on 4.1.1 ofw.

Comment

I can see your Problem !
                                It is the WiFi Chanel you are using.
                                You are on Chanel 6 and Sharing this with a Min of 3 other Station.
                                This DropĀ“s Down your Wifi Speed trust me.
                                Try to do the follow thing.
                                Go to Chanel 1 or 3 this will Improve your WiFi Signal and Speed.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                                X