X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechaone
    replied
    Re: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

I certainly hope the IV's BT stack just needs a tweak to set it right. I have concerns over what was left of a true android BT stack by the "official" OS dev team. My hope is that they didn't hack out everything but KB and mouse support. Once my replacement IV device has arrived I will do what I can to validate which BT profiles are functional.

Can anyone identify bluetooth functionality beyond HID support?

blah blah blah Moto XT925, blah blah blah Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Nasst
    replied
    Originally posted by neomode View Post
    Hello,

The Manufactor saying it is Bluetooth 4.0.
    But I am not sure :-(
    A Bluetooth Keyboard should Work on all Devices, I have 2 Bluetooth Keyboard´s Tested and
    Both are Working fine.

Neomode
    I have similar problem as Shaah_npl.

BT Headset was unable to use. When i try to use it to listen music, the sound is stoped every 1 or 2 secons.

This problem is on the original RKM ROM too.

Leave a comment:

• mechaone
    replied

Thank you Neo, and thanks to Gasp. One big happy....

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    Hello,

The Manufactor saying it is Bluetooth 4.0.
    But I am not sure :-(
    A Bluetooth Keyboard should Work on all Devices, I have 2 Bluetooth Keyboard´s Tested and
    Both are Working fine.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• mechaone
    replied

Does anyone know what version of the Bluetooth standard the MK802 IV works from? I would hope and assume it is BT v4, but lack the knowledge to identify it. I've searched the web, but find no info indicating the BT stack version, or if it is complete with original code. I will be reliant on a BT keyboard and would love to think it would function as well on the IV as it does on my Moto phone and Nexus 7....

blah blah blah Moto XT925, blah blah blah Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• shaan_npl
    replied
    Thanks For Your Quick reply....

Originally posted by neomode View Post
    For my has Skype Worked. I have connect the Camera to the OTG Port.
    Then I can make a Skype call.
    But I will take a look what can be the reason.

Neomode
    Thanks for your quick reply... I feel I have to elaborate my problem in more details... Skype works if I use USB sound card , camera also works if using with USB sound card but when I try to use skype with bluetooth, it rings a few seconds then call gets disconnected... My guess,,, I think bluetooth stack in the MMK802IV is properly routing A2Dp protocol but fails to switch to bluetooth Headset profile when using with skype or any other app like skype for that matter...May be something to do with Audioflinger ( it is a system component which manages the audio from android userpsace before handing it off to the kernel drive).

Leave a comment:

• neomode
    replied
    For my has Skype Worked. I have connect the Camera to the OTG Port.
    Then I can make a Skype call.
    But I will take a look what can be the reason.

Neomode

Leave a comment:

• shaan_npl
    replied
    Bluetooth A2DP working but fails to work with skype or any other skype like app..

At first I would to thank Neo for this wonderful ROM.. Everything seems to be perfect except Bluetooth with skype or any other app like skype.... I can listen to songs using bluetooth but it fails as soon as I try to test skype test call. No matter what it wont connect... be it nimbuzz, skype , oovoo etc, the problem seems general.. Anybody else has this problem or is it only me facing the problem....
    Dear Neo, Your help is highly appreciated....

Leave a comment:

• Gasp
    replied
    Originally posted by mechaone View Post
    nicely summed up

Leave a comment:

• mechaone
    replied

Heat is a killer of circuitry. Well... heat, static electricity and moisture are all heavy offenders, but heat is especially dangerous. It begins slowly breaking down and degrading the onboard components from the first moment the chips get hot. As such, the TV stick could withstand years of heat without failure, or only a few weeks of intense abuse.

Unfortunately, out of factory the RKM MK802 IV has only a small rudimentary heat spreader plate and very little effective case venting. It will overheat if in an environment above average room temperature and put to test. Relying on passive cooling while it is in the case will only be safe if it's exterior temperature is kept low. A cool breeze to wick the heat off the device is optimal. I have ordered custom heatsinks for the RAM, SOC, and NAND chips on my MK802IV, and intend to apply them to the chips with the shell removed and in a dedicated fan cooled box, overclocked. Even with the heatsinks installed on the IV and a fan drawing air right past them, the system is only as potentially effective as the ambient air temp being drawn into the box will permit. That being said, even keeping the stick somewhere close to the floor where it is a couple degrees cooler can have a significant impact on performance and device longevity. That's my plan, anyway..
    In short; You want to keep spontaneous heat related shutdowns to an absolute minimum. The cooler, the better.

- mech

Leave a comment:

• BaDTaG
    replied
    Well mine just crashed for the first time to day. but it is like 30 degrees Celsius here so maybe it is the heat. after all it is summer time and if the max temp is about 50 well 20 degrees difference from room temp to device temp is okay.

but still it would be nice with some different kernals to test.

Leave a comment:

• corruptsector
    replied
    MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Yea i must say that mine is running pretty cool. At 1.6ghz.

Leave a comment:

• Gasp
    replied
    Originally posted by BaDTaG View Post
    Hi yes i got the same one this night from customor support.
    Wifi is working now all i need is a custom rom so i can use the undervolt kernal.
    The MK802iv runs hot wen xbmc is running.. And yes still need good working xbmc with hardware support for this device.
    Isn't enough just installing some free app for clock timing and change governor from interactive to "ondemand" and set lower max frequency? I don't think tweaking voltage is anyhow advanced with android devices anyway (If i am wrong with the governor / voltage settings - anyone who is more "educated", feel free to correct me)

Btw, if your device runs really really hot it might me malfuctioning piece... I had tested circa 60 MK802IV and safe max temp is around 45-50°C (IMO). So far i have encountered just 2 pieces that were running so hot it kept crashing the device.
    Last edited by Gasp; 07-23-2013, 12:40.

Leave a comment:

• BaDTaG
    replied
    Originally posted by corruptsector View Post
    I see you have posted in a few places trying to get your MK802IV working with wifi And BT again.

I did same as you and mine stopped working, But i installed this:

and now its running 4.2.2 and all is working again.

Antutu score:15236

Hi yes i got the same one this night from customor support.
    Wifi is working now all i need is a custom rom so i can use the undervolt kernal.
    The MK802iv runs hot wen xbmc is running.. And yes still need good working xbmc with hardware support for this device.

Leave a comment:

• corruptsector
    replied
    Originally posted by BaDTaG View Post
    Yes pleas :-)

it is nice to have in backup plus i can get my device to work until the custom rom is finnished

ps sorry for my spelling and autocorrect )
    I see you have posted in a few places trying to get your MK802IV working with wifi And BT again.

I did same as you and mine stopped working, But i installed this:

and now its running 4.2.2 and all is working again.

Antutu score:15236

Leave a comment:

Working...
X