MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Which Cozywan it is Model Number please.

Thx

Neomode FreakTab Dev.

Comment

Cozyswan S400 : Working

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Which Cozywan it is Model Number please.

Thx

Neomode FreakTab Dev.
      It is CozysWan S400, with external antenna.

1. WiFi is working
      2. Bluetooth is pairing with my Phone and sent / received files
      3. This has reset hole and able to get it detected by flash tool, only thru hard reset option.

Before trying this ROM, i tried FinelessROM and was not booting. So, used this.

Comment

Thanks. This ROM works flawlessy!

Comment

Originally posted by itguru View Post
          It is CozysWan S400, with external antenna.

1. WiFi is working
          2. Bluetooth is pairing with my Phone and sent / received files
          3. This has reset hole and able to get it detected by flash tool, only thru hard reset option.

Before trying this ROM, i tried FinelessROM and was not booting. So, used this.
          Have same device here. The rom works for me to, as well as the one from finnles (i used sam123's 1080p kernel. (720p looks ugly on 42" tv)

Comment

Hi everyone!
            I had a big problem in the past. Was the writing "Saved, secured with WPA2" but no wifi connection. With this rom finally Wifi works great and it is very stable. So thanks a lot Neomode!!
            But I've some issues:

1 - hardware acceleration doesn't work on MXplayer with 1080p video but works on 720p

2 - After some hours of use stick reboot itself automatically. I use the mk802iv with usb power of tv. Could I solve this with the Sam321 underclock kernel? Is it compatible with your rom? Or could I solve the issues with a couple of 5V fan plugget on tv?

3 - Although I use Hardware acceleration I see frame skipping in Hd videos and some sd to, while Audio is ok

All of that issues are the same with original 4.2 rom except for first point. What can I do?
            Thanks again. Waiting for your guidance

Comment

RK3188 SDK2

Does anyone know if and when the SDK2 will be released to public?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomBoy View Post
                Hi everyone!
                2 - After some hours of use stick reboot itself automatically. I use the mk802iv with usb power of tv. Could I solve this with the Sam321 underclock kernel? Is it compatible with your rom? Or could I solve the issues with a couple of 5V fan plugget on tv?
                USB power may not be enought. My stick reboots then I start AnTuTu benchmar, powered from TV, and works good with a power supply (rated 2A) plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by w4sepp View Post
                  Does anyone know if and when the SDK2 will be released to public?
                  I work on an SDK 2.0 Firmware for the MK802IV.
                  Please be present I need some Time to Port it.

Thanks

Neomode

Comment

Hi everyone!
                    I had a big problem in the past. Was the writing "Saved, secured with WPA2" but no wifi connection. With this rom finally Wifi works great and it is very stable. So thanks a lot Neomode!!
                    But I've some issues:

1 - hardware acceleration doesn't work on MXplayer with 1080p video but works on 720p

3 - Although I use Hardware acceleration I see frame skipping in Hd videos and some sd to, while Audio is ok

All of that issues are the same with original 4.2 rom except for first point. What can I do?
                    Thanks again. Waiting for your guidance
                    If the usb port from your tv is not enough to power your android device alone, adding a few fans that will also be powered from your tv will only make it worse. Go with lunohod advice, use an independent 5V 2amp power supply only to power the android device, anything else that you want to plug on it should be done using a self powered hub, especially 2.5" external hdd's because they're not self powered.

Comment

I'm waiting for my MK802IV to arrive, it's still stuck on customs...
                      As soon as it arrives I'm going to test and give my feedback.

BrunoNRG
                      Regarding the wifi interference, I have put my router on channel 6 to solve the same issue and it's working fine, even with all the other routers around. Generally speaking, the configurations that the ISP's on Portugal use don't bring channel 6 by default and since "nobody changes nothing"...
                      As last resort try it out if nothing else works, it worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by devgiant View Post
                        I'm waiting for my MK802IV to arrive, it's still stuck on customs...
                        As soon as it arrives I'm going to test and give my feedback.

BrunoNRG
                        Regarding the wifi interference, I have put my router on channel 6 to solve the same issue and it's working fine, even with all the other routers around. Generally speaking, the configurations that the ISP's on Portugal use don't bring channel 6 by default and since "nobody changes nothing"...
                        As last resort try it out if nothing else works, it worked for me.
                        Thanks, mine is working fine now, but I have to switch channel from time to time on router settings, from default it was configured to use channel 6, but I mostly use channel 1 now. I also installed an external d-link wifi antenna and have it on a case that was initially destined to a mk808b, I'll post some photos once it's finished.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Lunohod and BrunoNRG. I will try with a 2A power supply and 2 fans plugged into tv. And this solve another question.... good!!
                          What about frame skipping? Youtube video is nice when works at 720p, it's strange when streaming works better then downloaded file

Comment

Thanks a lot for your suggestion Lunohod and BrunoNRG. I will try with a 2A power supply and 2 fans plugged into tv. And this solve another question.... good!!
                            What about frame skipping? Youtube video is nice when works at 720p, it's strange when streaming works better then downloaded file
                            I assume your device is a mk802iv, and you're using neotv cr 1.0 custom rom with the default 720p kernel it comes with, is this correct? If yes, you could try one of the 1080p overclocked kernels (don't use the ones with extreme overclock unless you have adittional cooling) from sam321. If not, and your device is a mk802iv, I highly recommend this custom rom from neo, it should solve most problems, I'm using it and I don't nottice any frameskiping on 720p/1080p either streaming from the internet or playing directly from an external hdd.

Comment

I have MK809III from W2COMP. Can I use this fw on this stick?
                              Maybe there's also an instruction how to backup existing fw in order to put it back in the case of emergency?

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoNRG View Post
                                I assume your device is a mk802iv, and you're using neotv cr 1.0 custom rom with the default 720p kernel it comes with, is this correct? If yes, you could try one of the 1080p overclocked kernels (don't use the ones with extreme overclock unless you have adittional cooling) from sam321. If not, and your device is a mk802iv, I highly recommend this custom rom from neo, it should solve most problems, I'm using it and I don't nottice any frameskiping on 720p/1080p either streaming from the internet or playing directly from an external hdd.
                                Yes, I have mk802iv using neotv cr 1.0 custom rom with original 720p kernel. What kernel are you using to fix frame skipping issue? I was thinking to try this "1.2ghz gpu 600mhz ram 1200mhz 1080p" or this one "1.6ghz gpu 533mhz ram 1000mhz 1080p". Both of us are Sam321 kernel. What do you think about?

EDIT: This is my situation: added two fans, one for side. Is it enough for not extreme overclock?

Last edited by RandomBoy; 06-25-2013, 10:40. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Working...
                                X