No announcement yet.

MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes i will try this, i think there is also a nother Problem.
    Rockchip use the FFMpeg Libary for Decoding the Video´s.

Neomode

Comment

Thank you

I just created this account to express my gratitude to the developers here. Finally, thank god, finally no more microstuttering while playing full hd video files. I bow before your power!

edit : I also noticed there are quite a few other improvements as well. More space for icons, the lower tab icons are remembered after reboot etc. Again, great work!
      Last edited by amel; 07-16-2013, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Trollgeir View Post
        I have the same problem. Had to install BS player and tell plex to stream to the external player.

I think the solution might lie within the experimental library that mk802 III used. Neo, do you think you could incorporate it into the rom?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...stagefright-so
        I have to correct myself.

Actually Plex is able to stream it, but there's no sound coming through playback. If I use the external player, only BS player so far is able to run everything smoothly with sound (normal video player didn't).

Comment

AW: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

I think I have found the reason.
          Rockchip use for there 4.2.2 Rom the ffmpeg Library for Video decoding.
          I think there is the major issue.
          This means not ffmpeg is bad but I think they have not implement it right.
          Will see what I can do.

NEOMODE

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Shucks, looks line new batch of MK802IV that arrived this week use different Wifi and BT chips... Wifi and BT don't work with NEOTV, i am curious if the official update that was on 6.20.2013 will fix it, but most likely i'm sc**d, because i have no clue where to get the original one...

Edit: Ok, that didn't work... So bad news to every developer: There is going to be a goulash in MK802IV versions... Right now Rikomagic is shipping new models, flashed on 4.2.2 out of factory with different Wifi and BT modules... People that ordered MK802IV in second half of July, don't flash your device with NEOTV CR 1.0 or official 4.2.2 update, you will make your device unuseable. (for now)

We are going to ask Rikomagic for the official rom with which are current devices flashed with.

BTW our malfuction rate:
            MK802IV[10,34%] - quite alarming - overheating, freezing, random restarting
            Last edited by Gasp; 07-17-2013, 13:19.

Comment

Re: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

Originally posted by Gasp View Post
              Shucks, looks line new batch of MK802IV that arrived this week use different Wifi and BT chips... Wifi and BT don't work with NEOTV, i am curious if the official update that was on 6.20.2013 will fix it, but most likely i'm sc**d, because i have no clue where to get the original one...

Edit: Ok, that didn't work... So bad news to every developer: There is going to be a goulash in MK802IV versions... Right now Rikomagic is shipping new models, flashed on 4.2.2 out of factory with different Wifi and BT modules... People that ordered MK802IV in second half of July, don't flash your device with NEOTV CR 1.0 or official 4.2.2 update, you will make your device unuseable. (for now)

We are going to ask Rikomagic for the official rom with which are current devices flashed with.

BTW our malfuction rate:
              MK802IV[10,34%] - quite alarming - overheating, freezing, random restarting
              Please can you share your original dmesg? Or open the device and take some close photography? Or tell us the chips for bt and wifi.

leolas
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                Please can you share your original dmesg? Or open the device and take some close photography? Or tell us the chips for bt and wifi.

leolas
                Since i am not really excited about "tearing up" this device and breaking some clips (impossible not to), i'll just install terminal on fresh clean one and report back asap

Comment

Since i am not really excited about "tearing up" this device and breaking some clips (impossible not to), i'll just install terminal on fresh clean one and report back asap
                  Thanks, and where you bought it? in rickomagic.de? I heard something about a new version from this web with 16Gb of storage.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks, and where you bought it? in rickomagic.de? I heard something about a new version from this web with 16Gb of storage.
                    Directly from Chinese Rikomagic supplier. 8GB version
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some interesting things I found in your dmesg:

Very rare mali clocks:
                      Code:
                      <4>[    6.248201] UMP: Using OS memory backend, allocation limit: 1073741824
                      <4>[    6.248246] UMP: UMP device driver  loaded
                      <4>[    6.265180] Mali: Mali400 inside of rk3188!
                      <4>[    6.265220] Mali: mali freq table num : 6
                      <4>[    6.265240] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 179,Mali: 223,Mali: 297,Mali: 297,Mali:
                      Wifi chip is not 8188EU like in the original mk802 And BT seems integrated in the same chip ap6210 (I am not sure of this last)
                      Code:
                      <4>[   17.728490] FW_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/fw_RK901.bin
                      <4>[   17.728541] NVRAM_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/nvram_AP6210.txt
                      <4>[   18.054295] Current WiFi chip is AP6210.
                      The rest of dmesg seems normal

The clone horde is coming back

Thanks a lot for your report.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

I can not believe that RKM aka Rikomagic doing something like that and change the Wifi Chip.
                        Why should they do this I see no reason for doing it.
                        I will ask RKM if this is true.

Neomode

Comment

Some interesting things I found in your dmesg:

Very rare mali clocks:
                          Code:
                          <4>[    6.248201] UMP: Using OS memory backend, allocation limit: 1073741824
                          <4>[    6.248246] UMP: UMP device driver  loaded
                          <4>[    6.265180] Mali: Mali400 inside of rk3188!
                          <4>[    6.265220] Mali: mali freq table num : 6
                          <4>[    6.265240] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 179,Mali: 223,Mali: 297,Mali: 297,Mali:
                          Wifi chip is not 8188EU like in the original mk802 And BT seems integrated in the same chip ap6210 (I am not sure of this last)
                          Code:
                          <4>[   17.728490] FW_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/fw_RK901.bin
                          <4>[   17.728541] NVRAM_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/nvram_AP6210.txt
                          <4>[   18.054295] Current WiFi chip is AP6210.
                          The rest of dmesg seems normal

The clone horde is coming back

Thanks a lot for your report.
                          Yea well i am pretty sure this is a version from official supplier, since our main contact uses @rikomagic.com email address. Wifi works great on this model, but a little notification in advance would have been nice.

Comment

And externally looks like the previous mk802IV? Or look like the mk908?

leolas
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

And externally looks like the previous mk802IV? Or look like the mk908?

leolas
                              As i said, we know we are buying goods from the official Rikomagic dealer, yes it looks just like the previous MK802IV...

Comment

Re: MK802 IV NEOTV CR 1.0 Neomode Custom Rom 4.2.2

As i said, we know we are buying goods from the official Rikomagic dealer, yes it looks just like the previous MK802IV...
                                Then it will be a nightmare difference them.
                                Thanks for your report, it will help a lot of people.

leolas
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X